Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
11

11

A Chapter by Azulberry

Ch. 11

Summer I laid down, below, the glitter adorned night,

And silently sparkled, my own way.

Summer I laid down, by you, and shared my frail light,

You gave the dark to me

Crash! A guard flies through the castle wall and falls unconscious. Blood begins to leak into a small puddle around his head. His metal armor is noticeably dented inward. Another royal guard stands watching in sheer terror as another royal guardsman is literally torn into two right in front of his own eyes. Blood sprays throughout the wide corridor, the marble colored walls and floor are no longer recognizable. Two more royal guards round the corner and with great haste setup their large weapon. The Anathema screams as it runs towards them with severe aggression. The terrorized royal guard insists they hurry. Sweat is dripping down his face, burning his eyes, and with some embarrassment he releases a squeaky and loud fart. The Anathema picks up the terrorized royal guard and looks deep into his eyes. The nervous royal guard appears to have an epiphany as he stares into the eyes of the Anathema. Boom! The two royal guards who were setting up their large weapon fire and it's a direct hit. It relieves its grip from the terrorized and nervous royal guard as it gets launched backwards and back down the corridor from whence it came. They fire their weapon a second time with an injection to it. It rises to its feet and growls at them ferociously. The growl immediately makes the three royal guards gulp with anxiety. It breaks for them, causing the corridor to shake as if it were about to collapse. 

“Shoot another dose!” Yells the terrorized royal guard. 

“I can’t! It’ll kill it, and King Grump wants it alive!” Yells the other royal guard. All three of them cringe and close their eyes simultaneously as death comes to collect their souls. One of the three guards musters up the courage to open one of their eyes. The Anathema lays there before them in all of its glory . . . passed out. It’s snoring almost gives it an illusion that it could be a peaceful creature. The three guards all take a collective breath while being accompanied by deep sighs. 

Mr. Miller rounds the corner to assess the situation. “Well done men, I assume the Anathema is asleep and not dead?” 

One of the royal guards replies, “Yes sir, just as instructed. It was strange though. It’s eyes looked terrifying, but yet familiar somehow.” 

“You’ve been a royal guard for almost twenty years now isn’t that right?” Mr. Miller asks with a smug expression. The royal guard shakes his head to confirm his work experience. “It would be in your best interest to simply forget about your experience with the Anathema. I also recommend you do not tell anybody about it.” The royal guard gulps as sweat drips down his face. Mr. Miller departs and heads back to King Grump. 

“Sir, the Anathema has been neutralized and in the process of being encaged once again.” Mr. Miller informs King Grump. 

“Good, good.” King Grump says as he places his small hands together with unimpeachable satisfaction. “Make sure that he is well fed, Michael. I don’t need him going on unauthorized rampages again.” 

“As you wish, sire.” Mr. Miller states as he bows with an eerie grin. 



© 2021 Azulberry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on November 2, 2021
Last Updated on November 2, 2021


Author

Azulberry
Azulberry

Hemet, CA



About
I love writing, and I need feedback. Please help yourselves and critique away. If it at the least entertains you, then I'll consider it a win. Days of the Phoenix more..

Writing
Sequester Sequester

A Chapter by Azulberry