Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Reaching for the clouds
"

Both Travis and Jolleen have an agenda.

"

Jolleen wants to meet someone tonight. True she is out with her friends, but finding an interesting man to talk to is priority number one. Jolleen has for the past few months been interested in someone at work. She hasn't talked with him much, but he is really nice looking and he doesn't try too hard for her attention. Jolleen has heard through talk in the break room that this guy from the plant likes to visit the area nightclubs quite a bit during the week.

Jolleen and her friends decide to go to JP Mulligan’s for a few drinks to start off the night. Jolleen suggested it because she knows there is a chance that her new interest might be there.
 


After starting on their second round of drinks, Jolleen walks up to the bar. She hopes that some male eye candy will be in the bar tonight, but all that Jolleen finds at the end of the bar is an abandoned wallet. Imagine that! She grabs the wallet and immediately starts to go through its contents.

 

 

Jolleen thinks this must be some kind of weird joke. She finds herself in this particular bar mainly because she wants to possibly see Kevin, a guy from work. Instead she finds Travis’ fricken' wallet!  A guy from work who is best friends with Kevin!  What in the hell is his wallet doing here but neither of them?  Too bad I’m not interested in Travis.  This could have been a good way of starting something.
 

 

It takes Travis longer than expected to find Jolleen's house. He thinks it’s a short five minute drive across town and just over the bridge, but a highway accident and three annoying cop cars clogging up traffic makes the trip longer than expected. Travis thinks to himself, “Don't these cops have anything else better to do than this? When Travis finally fins her house he feels a little silly. “What am I going to do now? Wait outside her house for her to come over to my car and invite me in? It will probably just creep her out!”


It suddenly dawns on Jolleen: Why don't I just go straight to Travis’ house and return his wallet? It might be just the break I have been looking for in starting something with Kevin.  Besides this girl talk tonight is starting to get old already. Jolleen doesn't waste anymore time. She is an aggressive girl and waiting around for something to happen in this God forsaken bar is not really getting it done. Within one minute flat Jolleen makes up a story to her friends about how she needs to take care of an errand and out the door she goes. Jolleen knows enough of this town of Dunlap to know that a cab will be waiting just outside the bar for her. Especially the way she is dressed tonight.

Travis has now been waiting in his car across the street from Jolleen’s apartment for about 15 minutes and is starting to feel pretty conspicuous. He worries that someone in the neighborhood will call a cop on him. But then he thinks, the cops in this town are too busy handling other important matters like clogging up traffic, or hanging out at the local donut shops.

Jolleen is lucky in that she was able to find a taxi right away and that her driver is actually able to understand basic English and that his cab doesn't smell like a sewer. It is only minutes before Jolleen finds herself in Travis' driveway. She starts to feel a little silly about leaving her friends at a bar to go to his home and possibly create a bit of a scene with his girlfriend, especially given the short, slinky summer dress she is wearing. But Jolleen figures, What the hell? She might not even be home, maybe Andrea is out tonight with that boyfriend I have heard about. Ha!



Travis can't take this waiting anymore. Sitting alone in his car with a sexy, desirable woman supposedly just a hundred or so yards away was too much. He couldn't help but imagine what she was doing tonight. What was she wearing? A long flowing red nightgown? A nightshirt and nothing else? I need to make something happen tonight. I can't take the chance of missing out on what could be an amazing, sensual, unforgettable encounter. Travis knew that there was something definite going on between Jolleen and himself at work and he now wanted to see where this could lead. Travis couldn't imagine seeing Jolleen tonight and not having them end in bed together. If Andrea wants to go this route, then why can’t I?  Of course, unfortunately for Travis, this is not going to happen.


Jolleen approaches Travis' and Andrea’s door rapidly. She has Travis' wallet in her hand as a pretext of course, but mainly she wants to find Travis at home so that she can ask him about Kevin.  A second before Jolleen has the chance to ring the doorbell Andrea spots her from the living room window and opens the door and politely asks, “Can I help you?”



© 2011 Reaching for the clouds


Author's Note

Reaching for the clouds
This story isn't realy about Jolleen as much as it is about Travis.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on December 26, 2011
Last Updated on December 26, 2011


Author

Reaching for the clouds
Reaching for the clouds

CO



About
I think feeling and emotion should be evident in all writes. We are artists here people! Lets not hide that. I dont do read requests, but I review often. What is the difference between wri.. more..

Writing