Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Reaching for the clouds
"

Travis and Jolleen finally meet!

"

Travis thinks to go the gift shop that is inside the large grocery store in town and find a dozen yellow long stem roses, a bottle of red wine, and some cheese and crackers. Travis leaves the store hoping he isn't making a large assumption about his chances with Jolleen, but he thinks, “I just really don’t want to be alone tonight.  And she is gorgeous -and available no doubt!”


Jolleen is not prepared for this conversation with Andrea. She wants to say, “Yeah, I'm looking for Kevin.  I’d like to hook up with him tonight.   Can you tell me where Travis is so that I can ask for his help?   Or are you too busy cheating on him with some young dude to help me?”  

 

But Jolleen bites her tongue and instead asks if Travis is around. Andrea quietly shakes her head and Jolleen hands the wallet to Andrea. Andrea surprises Jolleen greatly by saying, “Who are you? Are you one of those girls from Travis’ work?” Jolleen takes a step back and says, “How do you know me? I am only bringing back Travis' wallet. He left it at Mulligans.” Andrea evenly says, “Yeah right!  Travis probably wants you. Why don't you just keep his wallet? I’m done with him. Just go back to the bar and maybe you will see him there!”


When Jolleen leaves the house she feels a little strange. That was anti Climatic! It was as if Andrea was giving her permission to take her man.  She thinks, “Where do I go from here? I have no idea of where these guys are at the moment.   And its fricken’ weird that Andrea thinks that I am after Travis!   What the hell is wrong with her and where did she get that idea?!  Have the two of them talked about me?”   

Jolleen reluctantly decides that it is best for her to drive home. She starts out driving slowly thinking that there must be some way of finding Kevin. “Where would he be tonight?” On her way Jolleen knew that J.P. Mulligan’s will be off on the right hand side of the road as she passes it. She decides to take a quick look in the parking lot to see if she can see either Kevin’s or Travis’ truck.

A few minutes later, Travis is thrilled and a little uneasy when he sees Jolleen’s green Toyota Corolla slow down on Hoboken Way. She pulls in the driveway and he thinks that he had better just hang out outside for at least a few minutes before going to the door with his gifts.

Back at her condo Jolleen decides that she needs to relax and plop down on the couch in front of a long movie. What a waste!   But I am glad I am home.  I give up!  She then makes herself one last drink and starts to get comfortable when there is a knock on her door.

After knocking Travis realizes that he now only has seconds before he is totally committed to the situation. He wants nothing more that to be alone with a woman and to let things happen naturally, but the risk that she may not be as interested as he thinks she will be scares him. He really wants to forget about the image of seeing Andrea with that other guy this afternoon!  But, he really barely even knows Jolleen, and the two have thus far only conversed a few times at work.  Finally, Travis worries she may even have a date coming over later.

Jolleen opens the door and smiles warmly.  Travis! Where have you been tonight? I have been looking for you. I found your wallet.  I was even at your house!”

Travis doesn't answer. He isn't concerned about those things. He just slowly walks inside and looks for a place to set down the bag of items that he has purchased for this woman.  He quietly says, “I have a few things for you.”

Jolleen responds quietly, “What is this?”  After shutting the door Jolleen locks eyes with him and says.  “I’m sorry Travis.  I think you have this wrong.”



 

















© 2011 Reaching for the clouds


Author's Note

Reaching for the clouds
Please let me know what you think of the meeting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on December 30, 2011
Last Updated on December 30, 2011


Author

Reaching for the clouds
Reaching for the clouds

CO



About
I think feeling and emotion should be evident in all writes. We are artists here people! Lets not hide that. I dont do read requests, but I review often. What is the difference between wri.. more..

Writing