Fame

Fame

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

What is it? Why does every one crave it?

"
Fame. Why do people want to be famous so badly? There are people that would do anything to get their fifteen minutes. They will post youtube videos that are absolutely humiliating to other people, but if it might give them a chance at fame it's worth it. How does that make sense? Let's just cut down other people so we can make it to the top, that sounds good... What? No, it doesn't sound good.
I must admit that I would like to be recognized for something I did. I would like for something I write to be published and for me to see it on the shelf of a book store. Getting to that point is part of why I write. Writing is wasted if there is no one to read it.
I don't think that wanting people to see your hard work on something is wrong. A lot of writers put their heart and soul into a piece. It's perfectly understandable that they want other people to enjoy reading it as much as they enjoyed creating it.
The people that want to just be 'famous' are the people that bother me. They don't do anything remarkable. In fact, they cut down those who work hard to get places in life. Just because you shove people out of your way, doesn't mean you are any closer to being successful. It might even be pushing you further away from that fame you long for oh so much.
I've always been tought that no one is truelly successful in life unless they are happy. But, what makes one happy? there are people out there that are content with life because of the amount of money they have. Are they successful? They are happy, and have an easy life. There's a loophole in the things teachers have tought me.
Back to the topic of fame...
What is fame? Is it being recognized by many people? How many people have to recognize your face until you are famous? Do these people that recognize you have to be from all over? I have friends all over the country that know me and can recognize me. Does that make me famous? of course it doesn't. So fame isn't being recognized by many different people.
But isn't that what we think of when we think about famous people? The familiar faces, recognizable names, people that are known by almost every one. So, is it being recognized by many different people or not?
Is fame one of those weird things that doesn't have a classification? If so, how are people supposed to become famous then? Does it just happen? Do people wake up one morning famous? Or does it take time?
This seems to be going no where now. I'm done with this.


© 2011 Becky Lawrence


Author's Note

Becky Lawrence
probably doesn't make sense to anyone except me...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is really refreshing to now there are people out there with the same opinions on this subject. The concept of people just wanting to be famous for the sake of it baffles me, what do they expect to get out of it?
Before i start rambling, you made a great point, keep it up

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 2, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing