I Hate You.

I Hate You.

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

Acer laptops are utter garbage.

"
Everything is going perfectly. My fingers effortlessly type words. The words perfectly become sentences. The sentences form amazing paragraphs. After a few hours of sitting staring at the screen, it's all coming to me now. Microsoft Word isn't yelling at me to correct things, I haven't backspaced for a few pages. My story is transforming from the images in my head to words like it's easy.
Then the screen turns blue. White words flash across the screen. Disk space low. Check disk drive Whatever The Hell It Was. Crash dump.
All of my work is gone.
Pages of it lost in a split second. Even though I saved three seconds earlier, the computer will lose it all. It's happened before. My face hits the keyboard hard. I lift my head up and smash it down again. The computer beeps, laughing at my attempts to make the frustration and devastation go away.
What does losing three pages of work feel like? It feels like having your hopes crushed like a bug and a killer headache for the next hour or so as you try to remember what you wrote.
Moral of the story: Don't by an Acer computer. It's absolute garbage and it will give you the  Blue Screen of Death every three seconds after only six months of use.
Stupid computers. I'm buying a typewriter next time.



© 2011 Becky Lawrence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww now that's just terrible. But I laughed anyway. Sorry. :)
I know exactly what you mean, though. But for me, it's flipping breakers and THEN smashing my head into the keyboard. Good luck with your computer, and may the force be with you.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing