Masks

Masks

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

Thoughts right now

"
I wear masks. Every day of my life I hide behind one of the many masks I have. Some days I wear one that is smiling and happy, without a care in the world; even though the face underneath is sobbing. Some days I will wear a mask that says "I'm too good for this s**t." When really, I feel like nothing, and absolute nobody. Sometimes I wear a mask that turns me into a carefree, idiotic, ADHD person that doesn't have a reason to act normal. The me deep down wants to hide under the blankets, waiting for the monsters that hide in the darkness to leave.
And then, I have my favorite mask. It's a mask named Becky Lawrence. She is the (almost) real me. She has no reason to fear what people have to say about her, because they don't know who she is. Becky pours her very soul out onto paper with angry and determined pen strokes.
My mask named Becky is the most amazing mask I have ever had. This mask lets me have the confidence to let all my thoughts and work run rampant, running to any one who stumbles across it. This mask allows me to be free. I don't have to worry about the glaring eyes of my peers as the see me in the halls.
I still censor myself though. I will write things and delete them because I don't feel that they are any good. I will delete things that I worked on for months just because of a few words someone said to me.
Even though I have learned how to wear masks well, the real me sometimes shows through.
Hopefully, one day, I can take off all of these stupid masks and shout to the world. "Here I am, look at me! I am me and I don't care what you have to say because I can be myself without the sky falling!"
That day looks really far away though. So, I'll put on another mask and hide from every one like I always do.


© 2011 Becky Lawrence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very wonderful chapter. I wrote a poem a few months back called, Mask, it reminds me of it. So many teenagers, myself included, hide behind these masks. Never showing true emotions and things like that. But I LOVE the one about the "Beck Lawrence" mask. A brilliant twist!
A wonderful write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very interesting idea you put across, i guess weall puton masks whether people can see them or not.
Nice work:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing