Wildflower (Chapter 24)

Wildflower (Chapter 24)

A Chapter by Britiney Harper
"

...Chapter 24...

"

Chapter 24

 

            “We are so rock stars today,” Sugar said and she laughed.

            “Yes we are,” Wildflower agreed. They were having a day out, just the two of them in honor of Sugar’s birthday that was coming up in a few days.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            . Wearing matching plaid skirts and knee boots, they had on tank tops that had rhinestone peace signs on them; it was all Sugar’s idea.

            “I had to get you out of the house, if I saw you web chatting with Uncle Nick again I was going to go crazy,” Sugar told her.

            “I miss him, shut up,” she said. He had been gone for the last five days on some important trip to New York, he wanted her to go but she needed to be here with Sugar. They were just coming from her one of her appointments and were going to coffee to figure out their next move.

            “Yes I know, but he’s a business man and you are a stay at home mom, sometimes times you will be apart,” Sugar said.

            “Stay at home mom? Even if any of you were my actual children you are all too old for me to be a stay at home mom.”

            “You could home school me so I don’t have to deal with St. Ivy’s snobby people,” Sugar suggested.

            “Honey, you will be ok in school and I need to find a job,” she said. That was something that had been on her mind for awhile. Once the kids were back in school she couldn’t keep making excuses for staying home.

            “Why do you need to work? Being the wife of Nicolas Capriani is a job and you are in possession of three teenagers who need you.”

            “All three of you will be in school all day, I can’t just sit around all day it would drive me crazy.”

            “Wildflower?” Someone called when they were about to go into Starbucks. She turned to see a man staring at her. It took her a minute to place where she knew him from. He had the same short blonde hair he had in high school and green eyes she’d spent a lot of time staring into.

            “Owen?” She asked and he smiled and nodded.

            “How are you? It’s been a long time,” he said. In that time he went from nerdy bookworm Owen to a bigger buffer sexy version of himself.

            “It has been a long time,” she agreed. It was like on one of those talk shows when the nerdy kid from high school makes a complete transformation into a hot and sexy adult. Owen had changed a lot and all of it was for the better.

            “Wait, Owen? The one you went to prom with?” Sugar asked, for a second she’d forgotten she was there. That was not a good sign.

            “You talk about me?” Owen asked surprised.

            “Just once,” Sugar answered smiling. “I’m Sugar, her daughter,” she said extending her hand.

            “It’s nice to meet you Sugar,” he said kissing her hand.

            “Mommy dear I’ll go get us some drinks, why don’t you two catch up?” Sugar hurried off before she could answer.

            “Would you like to sit, Mommy?” He asked obviously very amused.

            “Sure,” she said and they sat at one of the outside tables.

            “So you have a daughter now?”

            “No, she is my niece or she will be,” she replied.

            “What have you been up to?” He asked watching her with a little too much interest; maybe she just liked it a little because she missed Nicolas.

            “Well I’m getting married soon,” she said. There was obvious disappointment in his eyes and then he looked at her ring.

            “Wow, it really has been a long time if you’re getting married. I remember when you didn’t believe in relationships. So who is the lucky guy?”

            “Uh Nicolas Capriani,” she said. His shock was pretty obvious too.

            “Really? Wow, you’re rich now, huh?”

            “I don’t really think about that,” she said honestly. “So what have you been up to?” Talking about money and her soon-to-be-family’s wealth was not her idea of fun.

            “Just working and med school,” he said. “How did you end up engaged?” He took her hand and studied her ring.

            “Nick and I met and I don’t know we just fell in love and he asked me to marry him so I said yes. Nothing too exciting,” she shrugged. This was suddenly very awkward

            “You still friends with Brooke and Cody?”

            “Brooke yes and Cody no, she doesn’t agree with my life choices so we’ve gone our separate ways,” she said bitterly.

The end of her friendship with Cody still upset her and she knew Cody was still having sex with Jose. Cody was such a hypocrite, she had a problem with Wildflower marrying Nicolas but it was ok for her to have sex with his brother. What sense does that even make? She got a few messages from her ex-friend, especially after Sugar’s attempted suicide made the news, but she didn’t feel like calling her back. Carlynn offered to be her replacement bridesmaid and she accepted. There was enough going on in her life without Cody’s negative energy.

“I always thought the three of you would be friends forever,” Owen said.

“So did I,” she said. “Anyway, med school? That sounds interesting.”

“Yeah well I always loved to help people,” he shrugged. “You know I wanted to come see you again, especially when I heard about the fire, I was just too much of a wimp to com see you. So uh your family is ok?”

“Yeah more or less, Isaiah just got married and Evan lives with me now. Nothing too exciting,” she said. “So why were you going to come see me?” She had a feeling she knew why but she wanted to be sure. When he reached across the table and took her hand, she definitely knew.

“Well you were my first love,” he said staring her straight in the eyes. “But obviously I missed any chance I might have had with you.”

“Oh Owen,” she said. What could she really say to him?

“It’s ok, I shouldn’t have expected that you would be single or that you would be interested after all this time,” he said. The disappointment clearly showed in his eyes but he was still holding her hand.

Their relationship wasn’t really much of a relationship, she talked him into tutoring her brother and she started hanging out with him. She knew he liked her; it was very obvious so when he asked her to prom she said yes. Only because she actually wanted to go and because he was the only guy that asked her that she didn’t despise. It surprised her how many guys actually asked her, but she sort of wanted to go with Owen. And that night she had sex with him and took his virginity. After prom they hung out a lot and they had sex and messed around. It was as close to an actual relationship that she ever came during that time in her life. They were together during the rest of their senior year and all through the summer. But he was going off to college and she was going to work to take care of her family, she never got a choice in that. Then Daisy died and he went to school and that was it.

Never could she have imagined that she would run into him five years later. Or that five years later he would still have feelings for her. And she never expected him to look so good and for her to be very attracted to him. But it wasn’t like she was tempted to do anything stupid, she loved Nicolas. Maybe the problem was that she was just horny and here was a very good looking man basically telling her that he wanted her. He might have been more attracted to her short skirt than anything else. The old Wildflower would have slept with him, but wasn’t that person anymore, she was getting married. Why was it every time she thought about her wedding she felt like she was trapped? It had to just be nerves, having a dress just made it more real. Or at least she hoped that was the problem, otherwise she didn’t know how she was going to go through with this.

“I’m sorry,” she said. “I love Nick and he’s really good to me.”

“Good then, at least you’re happy,” he said. She was happy she was just completely freaked out about getting married.

 

 

Nicolas was happy to finally be home, he hated leaving Wildflower. But talking to her through webcam had its perks. When he got home she wasn’t there, so he went up to take a shower. She was spending most of her time with Sugar and going to all her appointments with her. After his shower he went into his office, unfortunately his mother was there waiting for him. All he wanted to do was relax after his trip but the obviously wasn’t going to happen.

“Did you need something, Mother?” He asked, he walked pass her and went to sit at his desk and turn his computer on.

“I found out something interesting and I thought I should share it with you,” she said. She got up from the couch and took a seat across from him and dropped an envelope on his desk.

To humor her he opened the envelope and pulled out the pictures inside. What he didn’t expect was to see anything useful, but he was wrong. The pictures were all of Wildflower and she was with some guy. One was of them hugging and the rest were of them sitting and it appeared that they were talking. But the guy was holding her hand and looking at her in a way that made him want to break something. Nicolas had a temper and he knew that, everybody in his family knew that. However he was not going to react in front of his mother. Even though seeing Wildflower in a mini skirt in the arms of another man really had his blood boiling.

“That little tramp is just using you,” his mother said.

“Do not disrespect my fiancé,” he said and she looked surprised.

“There is proof right there that she is cheating on you. As soon as you go out of town for a few days she’s out partying and with another man. Do you need to see proof of them in bed together before you realize that this girl is using you? She acts all sweet and innocent to you but once your back is turned she’s showing her true colors,” his mother said. “I am trying to help you and do what’s best for you and that gold digger tramp isn’t good for you.”

“Get out of my office before I say something that you will regret,” he replied.

“You would still choose her over your family? And over common sense?”

“Leave now or you will really regret it,” he said seriously looking her in the eyes. Without another word she got up and left.

Alone with his thoughts and these pictures he really wanted to punch a hole in the wall. But he remained as calmly as he could and he too out his cell phone and text her to tell her he was home. Before he overacted he was going to simply ask her about it. For her sake he hoped he could believe her explanation.

 

Wildflower parked her car in the drive way and she sat a moment before she got out. Nicolas was home and she was going to tell him that she ran into an ex. Being honest about it was the best thing, nothing happened and Sugar was with her anyway. It would have been easy to pretend she never saw Owen and it was probably the best choice but she was going to tell him. If he found out anyway she knew he would be crazy and she didn’t want to deal with that right now.

“Are you going to tell Nicky pie that you saw Owen? Didn’t we use to call him the nerd with the big penis?” Brooke asked.

“You left that part out,” Sugar said from the back seat.

“I hate you both,” she replied. It had been two days since she’d seen Owen and she had talked to Nicolas, she just didn’t mention it. Christina was the one that suggested she tell him about her encounter.

“Telling him you ran into your ex-plaything isn’t going to go over very well especially after the whole flip out thing before,” Brooke said.

“No, trust me it would be worse if you don’t tell him,” Sugar said.

“No matter what I’m going to have a headache tonight,” she sighed.

“Tomorrow is out karaoke party so I’m going to need you two to be a happy couple,” Brooke said. “I was the one to plan the party.”

“It’s not like you were alone with Mr. Penis for more than like 10 minutes and I was watching from the inside because I’m nosey,” Sugar offered.

“Oh I like that we are so referring to him as Mr. Penis,” Brooke laughed and so did Sugar. “You did nothing wrong, it wasn’t like you ran into him on purpose.”

“I know,” she sighed again. Her life should not have been like this, she shouldn’t have to worry about Nicolas flipping out about her seeing an old friend. “Wish me luck,” she said then got out of her car.

Slowly she walked through the garage and into the house. Two days ago she would have been happy that Nicolas was home, instead she felt guilty. She was attracted to Owen and for that she felt like she had been unfaithful. Even though nothing was ever going to happen she felt like he was going to be mad at her just because. And that made her want to reconsider this whole wedding. There was no reason it should be so hard to have this relationship. But she wasn’t giving up on finding some way to make it work with Nicolas. She found him in their bedroom staring out the balcony doors.

“Hey,” she called to him and he turned to her. She’d wanted to see him so bad the whole week he’d been gone, so she went to him. He pulled her into his arms and held her tight, this was perfect.

“Where were you? I was hoping to surprise you,” he said.

“Shopping with Brooke and Sugar, we are having a karaoke party tomorrow night and I expect you to participate,” she said. Looking up into his blue eyes she didn’t expect to see him searching her eyes like he wanted to know something.

“Since when do I sing?” He asked and kissed her before she could answer.

“You will tomorrow night, attendance is mandatory,” she told him.

“I missed you Mrs. Bossy,” he said with a smile.

“I missed you too Mr. Bossy,” she replied. “But Nick, there is something we need to talk about.”

“What is it? Something wrong?” He asked in a tone that suggested he knew more than he was going to tell her.

“Well considering what happened when I went out and you were following me like a stalker, I decided I would just tell you this so you can deal with it,” she said. When she turned away she noticed something on the dresser, pictures of her.

“What was it you wanted to tell me?” He asked walking pass her to go close the door. While he did that she studied the pictures.

“Guess there is no point now,” she said annoyed. “I should have known you don’t trust me but I’m stupid and I believe the things you tell me.”

“That actually is my mother’s handy work, she had you followed, not me.”

“Does it really matter which one of you did it? The fact is that you look at that and you already made up your mind.”

“Then tell me it’s not what it looks like,” he said there was a desperate look in his eyes. It wasn’t what she expected.

“His name is Owen and we sort of dated in high school, I hadn’t seen or heard from him in 5 years. This day in these pictures Sugar and I went to Starbucks and I ran into him and we talked, and that’s it,” she told him.

“Fine,” he nodded. “If that is what happened then I believe you.”

“You don’t have to believe me because I right now I don’t care if you do or not. I’m sick of living like this; I can’t breathe without it causing some issue.”

“What am I supposed to say? She showed this to me and it does not look good but I’m telling you that I believe you,” he said calmly. Since when was he the calm one? “I trust you and I’m not getting angry with you at all. I’m really trying here Wildflower.”

“I can’t stay here right now,” she said surprising both of them.

“Why not? Because of something I had nothing to do with?” He asked, he was staring at her like he was hoping she was joking.

“I love you Nick, but I don’t know if I should marry you,” she said. He just started at him and she just stood there, where did that come from? Ever since she tried on the dress she had been thinking strange things.

“No, I will not let you do this,” he said after he recovered from the shock. She had to sit down because she couldn’t believe she said that. “Where is all this coming from?”

“I don’t know,” she admitted. “I’ve just been thinking a lot lately and do we really even know each other well enough to get married? And I’m just so tired of your mother and her suspicions and I’m just tired.”

“Fine then, she’s a problem so she can get out,” he said surprising her.

“Nick, I’m not asking you to kick your mother out.”

“You didn’t ask, I ‘m going to do it because you are more important to me. She shouldn’t have had you watched, that was wrong.”

“It’s not just that, I was worried how you would react about me seeing someone I use to be with. I always have to worry how you will react and what you might say.”

“Is this really about this guy? Are you trying to hint that you want to be with somebody else? Because I have been trying really hard to not get angry about things, can’t you understand that I’m trying hard to get use to this?”

“I know you are,” she sighed. She felt like crying but she wasn’t sure why, she just felt like wreck. “Chris thinks I’m just nervous about getting married, so maybe I’m looking for a way out because I’m scared.”

“We don’t have to get married in October,” he told her. He came to sit beside her and put his arms around him.

“I shouldn’t tell you this but Owen wanted to I don’t get back together with me. It was the oddest thing, he looked at me like he was in love with me,” she said thoughtfully. “Nobody ever looked at me like that but you and I don’t know he was very surprised that I am engaged. Though I guess since I was never serious about anybody, it is a big change. I love you Nick and I want to be your wife, I think I’m just a little crazy right now.”

“Just don’t ever scare me like that again, ok? I couldn’t live without you, I love you so much,” he said pulling her into his lap.

They just sat there with him holding her. This made it all better; all of her doubts and every crazy thought was gone. At least for now she could just sit here with him holding her. Then someone screamed, it was coming from downstairs. Both of them went to go find out what was going on. Rosa was the one that screamed, everyone was gathered around the TV, and the news was on. Wildflower gasped when she saw what everybody was staring at. It was Katrina, only she was badly beaten. The news report said something about her staying in Mexico City and being attacked. Then it went on to mention her long list of bad things that made the news and that included what happened to Sugar.

Wildflower looked over at Nicolas and he looked just as surprised as everyone else. That was good at least, that meant he didn’t do it. She believed Katrina should have been punished for all the things she did to Sugar, but she didn’t want him doing anything. And she was happy to know that he wasn’t so cruel as to have his sister beaten to near death. Sugar came over to her and she wrapped her arms around her. It seemed like there was just always something going on with this family.

 

 

Jose had given up smoking 4 times in the past yet he found himself lighting a cigarette. He was getting bored with his current plaything and was trying to decide if he should tell her that or not. At the moment he was in Cody’s bed, he had been with her for something like a month or so. He hadn’t expected to get bored so easily with her but he was. She invited him over to watch a movie or something but that bored him and he dated one of the actresses in the movie. So he decided he wanted to have sex.

Cody was currently on her knees giving him a satisfactory blow job, it wasn’t the best he ever had. But she thought she was something so he was being kind by pretending. It wasn’t like he made any promises to her or told her lies, he just liked sex. Sometimes he did like relationships but he never saw that potential with her. And she kept whining to him like he cared that she wasn’t friends with Wildflower anymore. Why was that his problem? Now he got why his brother didn’t want this girl around. She needed to grow up and stop complaining about everything. After this he was definitely not going to bother with her anymore, what was the point?

He got a text and he reached over to get his phone. His brother was informing him that he saw poor Katrina on the news. Another thing he didn’t care about, he never really liked Katrina with her superiority complex and general snobby bitchy attitude. Maybe he should have felt guilty that an old friend of his might have had something to do with Katrina getting attacked and robbed. It proved that he was worse than his brothers because he just didn’t care and he was supposed to be the nice one.

When he came in her mouth she swallowed it all, at least she was good for something. Since he was bored he just made an excuse to leave. He needed to find him a real woman that would thrill him and make him fall in love again, even if it was temporary. He loved to be in love but the feeling faded eventually and sometimes it was a little too fast. Maybe he would have another summer fling that was what was good about the summer. A text came from Cheyenne when he was on his way home, Liam was out of town and the baby was at her mother’s house. If she was offering how could he say no? If it wasn’t for the baby he would have been with her. It was a shame that he didn’t care if he had sex with his cousin’s wife or not. Cheyenne was fun though, so now he had something to do the rest of the night.

 

 

“I was doing some thinking about our relationship and I think we need to be alone for awhile,” Nicolas said. Wildflower was sitting on his lap and they were in his office.

“How are we going to be alone? We still have all the kids here and Sugar can’t be alone,” she said.

“The kids wanted to do school shopping in Paris so they should go. Carmen and Brooke can take them and Tammy could go with them. They are teenagers they can take care of themselves for the most part. Then we can have our house to ourselves for once, or more like for the exact one and only time,” he said. The idea came to him after her little breakdown.

“Chris could go and keep an eye on Sugar,” she said thoughtfully.

“See it’s perfect, I’ll have everything arranged,” he said.

After the things she said and the way she was acting he decided it would be best if they spent time alone. The stress of having to deal with his family was obviously getting to her. And it didn’t help that his mother had decided to have her followed. For that he told his mother he didn’t want her in his house until she grew up. At the moment his mother and Martha had gone to retrieve Katrina and were planning to stay at her house. When Jose said he had a friend that would take care of their sister he had no idea what would actually happen, it had been over a month since the thing with Sugar happened. Though the timing made it less suspicious and she was the genius hiding in Mexico City. So for now that problem was taken care of.

At the top of his list of thing to look into was this Owen person. He believed Wildflower when she said she had no feeling for this guy. But she admitted that the guy had feeling for her and it was obvious from the pictures. Despite what it sometimes seemed like he wasn’t completely crazy and didn’t attack everybody that did something he didn’t like. It was just important that he got to know everything he could about a man that wanted something that was his. Was it Nicolas’ fault if the fool had her and let her go? He was never going to make that mistake, she was his now. And for a moment he thought he might lose her, but that was not going to happen.

“I miss the days when he use to have alone time, but I can’t not have the kids around, you know?”

“Yeah I know, and but we need some time to ourselves so that maybe you can decide if this is what you want to do.”

“Honey, I told you I want to marry you,” she said pouting at him slightly.

“Yes but I want you to be certain that you want to. And you have had to deal with a lot of stress the past two months and it isn’t fair to you,” he said. “I missed you when I was gone, I hate leaving you.”

“You know why I stayed, Sugar needed me and I had to deal with Sammie and Evan’s little relationship. They love each other apparently, so it’s like I don’t what to do about it. At least I know they aren’t having sex,” she sighed.

“Are you sure we have to keep both of them here?” He asked, he knew what she was going to say but it would have made things easier.

“Yes, well I have to talk to Angel about Sammie but I think she would rather not have kids around,” she paused. “Sugar’s birthday is on Monday, we should do something. After all she’s been through I think she would like a party or something.”

“Ok, we’ll have a family day,” he said. He’d already been giving this some thought anyway. “Tuesday morning we will be seeing everybody off to Paris and they can come back the following Thursday.”

“I take it you already worked this all out?”

“I might have sent a text to Gloria after you agreed.”

“What will we do alone all that time?”

“Make babies?” He suggested and she laughed.

“My wedding dress fits me just fine, and Carmen has warned me she will not be letting it out for a baby bump,” she informed.

“Well we can practice for making babies.”

“Nick, how come we’ve never once used condoms? I mean now we’ve decided to let fate take care of everything but before that we never talked about it.”

“Uh I just prefer not to use them, besides I wouldn’t have had any lying around when we met. And I knew you were on birth control,” he shrugged.

“So you’ve had sex with all your girlfriends without condoms?”

“No, is there a reason you’re asking me this?”

“Curiosity,” she replied.

“With you it was different, I knew from the moment I laid eyes on you that we were meant to be together. Besides you never complained about it.”

“Just something I was thinking about, I’m being random.”

“Are you hinting that you don’t want to have a baby right now?”

“It’s not that really. Mostly I’ve just been thinking about that I am 23 and I’ve never done anything with my life.”

“Then do something, you are fluent in multiple languages you could get a teaching certification and teach or get a translating job.

“Yeah, ok after our wedding I’m going to start looking for a job.”

“Alright, if you want I can find a job for you.”

“That would be a last resort, I love you but all you would want me to do is bend over your desk,” she said. Why did she have to have a wicked look in her eyes when she said that?

“Which is what I would love for you to do right now,” he told her.

“Before we do that, the um things from on the webcam, you didn’t record any of it did you?” She asked staring him straight in the eyes, she was worried and it amused him. But he did enjoy the things he could get her to do for him.

“Uh why do you ask that?”

“Because I don’t want anybody to see it.”

“Maybe some of it is saved on my laptop,” he admitted.

“Show me,” she said to his surprise.

“Alright,” he said and opened his laptop that was on the desk.

Wildflower was silent while they watched her pleasuring herself on the webcam. It was pretty hot to watch it and even hotter that she was watching it. So while she was watching he started to get her undressed. Nicolas had never been one to think about making a sex tape because that was stupid. But if they recorded something and it could be destroyed afterwards. Something about watching her watch this really turned him on, then again most things involving her did. He couldn’t wait till they finally had some time alone, just a few more days.

 

 

The karaoke party was partially her idea but at the moment Sugar had something more important on her mind. Everybody was distracted with singing loud and off-key and laughing. So it was the perfect time to sneak away to be with Ivan. They kissed as soon as they were safely locked in her room. He was eagerly taking her clothes off while they headed for the bed. Tonight was going to be the night. There was no more stopping after so oral fun, they had already done almost everything you could do without having sex. She wanted to have sex so bad and he was not going to deny her this time.

“We are having sex,” she told him firmly.

“Yeah, ok,” he nodded.

“Seriously?”

“If I don’t do it soon I’m going to go crazy.”

“Have your way with me.”

“Oh I will.”

While kissing they both finished getting undressed and got into a comfortable position in the bed.  He was on top and he was about to enter her when someone knocked on her bedroom door. They both froze; there was no way they could be caught together. Whoever was out there knocked again before either of them came out of shock.

“Yeah?” She called while they wee both getting redressed.

“Hey, Sugar are you ok?” It was Marli, which was weird. Since she came home everybody was mostly polite but distance.

“Yes, I’m fine I just needed a minute to myself,” Sugar said.

“Are you sure? If you want to talk I’m here.”

“Thanks, I’ll be done in a minute Marli I promise.”

“Ok,” she replied and they could hear her walking away.

“This was a bad idea,” Ivan said.

“Whatever,” she shrugged. Arguing with him wasn’t going to get her anywhere.

“That’s all you have to say?”

“Yeah, what’s the point in fight with you? Basically you are always going to find a reason we can’t do this.”

“It isn’t that I don’t want to because I do, but I don’t want to get caught.”

“We haven’t been caught so far, what’s the difference between having sex and doing everything but? And you spend the night with me.”

For as much as she wanted him so desperately, she was getting tired of the constant strain. She had enough things wrong in her life and she wanted this to be easy. But there was nothing easy about being in love with a man that only wanted her for her body and what she could do for him. At first she thought she could make him love her but that was obviously never going to happen. So she was ready to give this up, and that really surprised her.

“Fine,” he said. He pushed her back down on the bed and started to undress her again. “I am going to give you exactly what you’ve been craving.”

“Seriously?” She asked in complete shock, all he did was nod. Tonight was the night her dreams were going to come true.

 

 

Cody was having a really bad day. As if it wasn’t bad enough that today when she got to work she was informed that she was being laid off. Apparently the company was having money troubles and basically going out of business. Then when she went to the store she saw on the cover of a gossip magazine Jose and his ex-girlfriend the actress. It appeared that he had reconciled with her over the weekend or something. This was why she shouldn’t have gotten involved with him in the first place. Halfway home she thought about some things. Like why did a company that never had problems before suddenly go under?

What if the reason they suddenly had problems was because of something that happened months ago? Nicolas Capriani was an evil man and he was the type of person to put a lot of people out of jobs just because his sweet little bride had issues with that company. Were there that man coincidences in the world? So while Wildflower was sitting at home with her feet up with Brooke being paid to do absolutely nothing, she was out of job. They had once been her friends but Brooke wouldn’t talk to her because Wildflower wasn’t. She expected that from Christina since she was Wildflower’s sister-in-law, but Brooke just wanted to keep her pay check.

It wasn’t even that she didn’t want to be friends with Wildflower, she missed her friends. But how could she be expected to keep quiet when she knew Nicolas was a villain? Another magazine had his sister Katrina on the cover; somebody had beaten her really badly. It appeared that it was a robbery but wasn’t it convenient that this happened after she had a disagreement with Nicolas over her own daughter? Why did he think he had a right to control everybody’s life? He bought Wildflower’s family and put her mother away so she couldn’t embarrass him.

She found herself heading over to Nicolas’ mansion, she wanted the truth. It was a surprise that she was still actually allowed on to their property. He never tried to hide the fact that he didn’t like her but she didn’t care. The front door was always open so she let herself in, but the house was strangely quiet. She started walking through the house and ended up hearing noise from the kitchen, everyone was outside. From what she could see they were having a cook out. Did rich people really have cook outs? They were all out there the Caprianis and the Laiezs having a fun family day. Ricky and Nicolas were over by a grill talking and most of the kids were in the pool. There were some balloons around, like it was a party. When she looked back on the counter there was a cake, it was for Sugar. Today was obviously the girl’s birthday.

“What are you doing here?” Someone asked from behind her, she turned to see Wildflower staring at her.

“Just dropping by for the party,” Cody said. She meant it as a joke but her old friend did not look amused.

“Cody why are you in my house?” She asked looking annoyed.

“This is your house now?”

“Yes, it is my house. Explain to me why you are in it.”

“We use to be like sisters and I came over your house all the time.”

“Yeah well that was a long time ago, we aren’t friends anymore.”

“But why aren’t we friends? Because of him, you let a man come between you and your best friend since like kindergarten.”

“No I didn’t let him come in between us, you put him between us. I love Nick and I am going to marry him and you have a problem with him for no reason. He has always been nice to you but you can’t let anybody else be happy,” she paused. “It’s funny that you have such an issue with Nick when you’ve been f*****g his brother.”

“You’ve changed since you met him. I bet you don’t even care that he had his sister beat up. And did he tell you he put everybody at work out of a job because of you,” Cody said.

“Right everything is Nick’s fault; he’s just responsible for every bad thing that ever happens in the world.”

“Yet you didn’t deny he was responsible for any of it.”

“I’m not going to even answer that, you have issues Cody. Oh wait look the sky is falling I bet that was a plot by Nick to kill you,” Wildflower said sarcastically.

“As amusing as you are Cody, I think you should leave,” Nicolas said. He seemed to appear out of nowhere, obviously he heard their conversation.

“Why don’t you admit to what you’ve done?” Cody asked him and he just looked amused.

“What is it I have done?”

“You put me out of a job for one thing and you almost had your sister killed.”

“What an imagination you have,” he said and laughed. His evil blue eyes were staring at her; there was no humor in his eyes. “I’m going to do you a favor and not report your trespassing, but don’t ever come back to my house again.”

“I’ll find proof,” Cody said making no attempt at leaving.

“For someone who claims to be such a good friend you sure are upsetting the one person in this room that loves you despite your obvious issues. Do you care about that?”

She looked at Wildflower who wouldn’t look her in the eyes, she did look upset. That wasn’t her intention, now she felt terrible. Wildflower had been manipulated and Cody was going to have to prove it to her before this sham of a wedding. What was it about her that had this evil man so obsessed with her? There had to be a reason he was at that bar that night, and why he was in such a rush to marry her. Something else was going on and she was going to find out. For now she wasn’t going to hurt Wildflower anymore, she had enough things to deal with.

“Baby, why don’t you go back outside?” Nicolas was saying to Wildflower who nodded and left without looking at or speaking to Cody.

“I know you are up to no good,” Cody said and he smiled.

“Well the way I see it you are just pathetic and friendless and you’re kind of a s**t for sleeping around with my brother,” he said. Then he grabbed her arm and pulled her back towards the entrance hall.

“I will find out what you really want her for.”

“Isn’t that obvious? Wildflower is going to be my wife, she belongs to me and it appears so do your other friends. And if you don’t leave my Wildflower alone and quit coming around with your crazy accusations, I will have to do something about you.”

“So do you admit you did these things?”

“Actually I didn’t do anything but even if I did you couldn’t prove it,” he said. He stopped at the front door and smiled at her. “Want to know why Jose was interested in you? He bet me that he could get you into bed; I told him if he could I’d buy him a new car. And he made an interesting little video of the two of you together.”

“You’re lying,” she said and he laughed.

“Why would I lie? I’ll make a copy and mail it to you,” he said then opened the door and pushed her out. “Don’t come back here again or I won’t be so kind.” He shut the door and actually locked it.

Cody stood there on the steps for a minute, she had a bad feeling he was telling the truth about his brother. She hurried away to her sister’s car that she borrowed; she was not going to let him see her cry. But she was more determined now to expose him.

 



© 2010 Britiney Harper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's just so much going on and I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Such another amazing chapter here, I like this it's wonderful
and has action and drama in it, It's very well written and
an enjoyable read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2009
Last Updated on January 5, 2010

Wildflower


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..