Four: The Fear of the Unknown

Four: The Fear of the Unknown

A Chapter by Blue_Sky

                         The Fear of the Unknown      

I woke up in complete and utter darkness feeling the hay I had been laying on stick to my body as I stood up. I felt my head pounding and how much my back ached from being curled up all night or maybe all day. I walked slowly around the cell trying to find out if I was the only one in the cell. Once I was sure, it was only me in the cell I sat back down. Then something  changed an endless blackness seemed to eat me completely. It was impossible to escape it. It became impossible to breath.  I was drowning in mid air. As the seconds slowly passed, my strength was disappearing and my lungs were burning. Then a Veil of light surrounded  me, my legs went numb, unable to move. I panic as my body grew cold! It felt as if the icy fingers of Death   were wrapping themselves around my throat. I try to break free one last time, but the icy fingers tighten...then a laugh erupted and I could breathe again. A cold sweat fell off my face. A chill filled the room.  As shallow breaths whisper and made their way out of my mouth white smoke monsters appeared in front of my eyes.   

“Pyrro Ember. The girl who got away.” A dark evil voice taunted, “the girl who has caused so many deaths.”

“Who are you?” I screamed fear sticking to me.

“Me? I’m just the thing nightmares are made of?”

“What do you want with me?” I asked my body shaking uncontrollably. 

“You really don’t know do you girl?” His voice cold as winter nights

“Know what?” I asked the smoke monsters disappearing. Then I wonder how long until this new monster would  disappear. 

Suddenly I see a single man sitting in a throne room looking right at me laughing, a very dark and evil laugh. “Come forward child, come forward I’m not going to hurt you. I am Black Sky and, I want to help you.” Every cell in my body was screaming to run and get out of there but some unnatural force pulled me forward. “Now,” he said his voice suddenly soft and caring, “I am here to help you Pyrro. I am sorry if I offend you, but you’re a mutt half Sky and half Anamis. This has never happen in recorded history before now. You are the unknown, and humans, Anamis and Skies alike are afraid of the unknown. And what do they do with things they are afraid of? They kill it. So as I was saying, I want to help you. I am not afraid of unknown. I am the only one who will help you. Everyone else will kill you when they find out what you really are. Now go think upon what I have said. Next time you see me I’ll be expecting your decision. Whether it is to take my offer and join me so I can keep you safe and together we can find your true potential, or… you can spend your whole life running from those who don’t understand, and killed by those who refuse to understand. Now sleep child.” And with his final words I drifted into and fitful sleep.



© 2012 Blue_Sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 9, 2012
Last Updated on July 9, 2012


Author

Blue_Sky
Blue_Sky

VA



About
I’m a junior in high school who has written since I was seven. I’ve always loved the way with one book authors are immortalized in the mines of those who read their stories. I have always .. more..

Writing
Who Are You Who Are You

A Poem by Blue_Sky


Cancer Cancer

A Chapter by Blue_Sky