Prologue : The Birth of legends

Prologue : The Birth of legends

A Chapter by Blue_Sky

She entered the home of the rebellion. Her white hair gently blowing in the summer wind. She was a young girl. Nevertheless, that had not stopped her from traveling from her home on Ske. The journey had taken her through the Untamed Forest of the Anamis’ and past the Great Eastern Mountains. A long and hard passage, one that had lasted for eight days and seven nights. Unlike so many that had traveled to the very spot where she now stood, she was a Sky. As pure born as they came from the Royal family, no less she was the only heir to the throne. However, not even her bloodline mattered in her importance. For she was a Sight Seer, she could see into what could be and what must never be. That was a rare gift even among the Sight Seers. Only thirty had been able to see into the future in all of the histories and not one could see as far as she could into years far away. That gift was why she had traveled had risked her life, her chance at the throne, her future. 

 Twenty men stood by watching her every movement. Each step she took brought her closer to them. They could kill her at any time, and she knew that, but they wouldn’t not until they heard her out. At least she hoped that they would not. She studied them waiting for a sign that something anything might go wrong. She watched the way they stood, how they held tight to their knifes, how all the children and women had disappeared, but most of all she looked into their eyes. Their eyes told her they would not kill her not until she attacked.

After many long moments a tall man with hair as black as the night sky stepped forward “Who are you?” he asked his voice harsh.

“My name is White Sky.” she said softly, “I have news for the man who leads you into battle, and guilds you in times of peace.”

“Peace, something we have never known, and our children cannot try to understand.” The man whispered stepping closer to her, “peace a word that was long ago forgotten. Something that has not existed since before the days of the Sky power.

“If you have never known it then why do you speak of it like something you understand.”

The man took a step closer to her now she could feel his hot breath on her face as he spoke, “because little princess our mother’s mother’s  spoke of it. Told us the stories of peace. Peace is just as real as Alice of Wonderland well ever be. A child’s story nothing more.”

“Alice of wonderland the story that traveled from Earth. How can we know how real Wonderland is if none of us have stepped foot on the old Earth? Wonderland may not be real here on our planet but it does live on through the stories of it. Why would those stories live so long if there was never a wonderland? Peace is real and it will come to us. I’ve seen it. I hope one day my words might bring peace again, but I will never be so lucky to see it with these eyes.”

“How can the words of a child bring peace?”

“How can the words of a man, who has killed and will do it again, bring any more peace? Than the words of a child, who pure of heart and soul?” she asked softly, “so, will you let me speak with you leader? Or did I travel eight days and seven nights for nothing?”

   The men debited between trusting her and killing her.

 “That would be me then.” A man spoke softly almost like the rustling of tree branches   with dirt brown hair that curled softly around his face and soft green eyes that spoke more of trust than of hate stepped forward. He was in his late thirties and a jagged scare ran from just below the eye to the bottom of his chin.

“Sir.” The men yelled in protest.

He placed his hand to silence them. “Yes I see that she was born a Sky. And yes I know that nothing would please her father more then to see me dead, but is she fool enough to come here to kill me? To take my life looking as she does as much like a Sky as then men who have killed our people. Moreover, if the Good king were to send someone to kill me it would not be his precise daughter who has the gift of sight and is first in line for the throne? Is he that much of a fool?”

The men mumbled their agreement. And when they all grew quite he smiled knowing he had won the argument.

“Now then follow me.” He said turn back to the girl.

 He lead her threw the camp past where women washed clothing and where young shoeless children played simple games of tag. To the edge of camp where a pale red tent not any different than the other tents they had pasted.  He stopped in front of it.

“Here we are young Sky.”

She nodded. Then the two stepped inside. It was not a tent filled with paintings or with furs of great value. Like the generals and commanders homes in Sky, it had just a bed, a table, and some cushions.

She smiled at this. A leader who lives like his men, is really someone they will follow to the ends of this world. It was simple yet so prefect.

He pulled her out her trance “So Miss. Sky what can I do for you.”

“I have a message to tell you about times that are to come.” She said.

“is this not treason of your people giving us a message?” he asked.

“Treason,” She laughed, “I guess that it could be taken that way. But when the goddess gave me the sight it was not for the sole use of my people it was so I could save the lives that need not died.”

 “You age would not suggest such wisdom. Yet you speak words that even old men seem to lack.”

“They only lack it because they do not yet know what I have had to see.”

“Yes I suppose so. So what is your message young Sky?”

“Black Sky, the shadow prince, is going to murder my father, Grey Sky, and take the thrown of Sky.” She said gently

A silence fell for several long moments

At last the man asked the question that now burned In his thoughts “What visions brought you this news?”

“I saw it in a dream my fiancée, Black Sky, will tell me in the years that are yet to come.”

“Why should I believe a mere girl of 16 and start a war with the Skys? Least of all a girl who is marring the only shadow widener in ten thousand years.” he asked.

“You don’t have to and I have seen that you won’t. The real reason I came was to tell you to trust a girl, my daughter, who will comes here one day. You must help her win the war.”

“What do war do you speak of?”

“The war she will start by stealing the Halfling that one day will be born. Now I most go.” She said with a smile.

He watched as she left the tent and walked through the rebellion. The daughter of the king. Come to warn the outcast, the tired, and the hungry.  What a thought.

That was the last time the men in the rebellion saw the young woman, and as she had promised a few years later when Grey Sky was cared across all the lands so all could grieve his death. They know that the girl had spoken the truth, and a dark age was unfolding before their very eyes. The only way to stop the worst of what was to come was to follow the girl’s instructions.



© 2012 Blue_Sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is stunningly briliant, you have created such a vivid picture in my mind while i was reading this. I am stunned silent, you've hooked me in. Great Job with the decriptions. I loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on July 3, 2012
Last Updated on July 3, 2012


Author

Blue_Sky
Blue_Sky

VA



About
I’m a junior in high school who has written since I was seven. I’ve always loved the way with one book authors are immortalized in the mines of those who read their stories. I have always .. more..

Writing
Who Are You Who Are You

A Poem by Blue_Sky


Cancer Cancer

A Chapter by Blue_Sky