Seven: A Place of the Past

Seven: A Place of the Past

A Chapter by Blue_Sky

                                  A Place of the Past

I watched as the girl slept. Wondering if it were nightmares that caused her continues moving. Hoping that if it were in fact nightmares that my father did not play a role in them. It had been a pain retrieving her horse so that we could tie her into the saddle. She had been out for almost 3 hours, now we were just mere minutes from my planned stopping point.

“Blue.” Dustin whispered in the pale moonlight bring me back to reality.

“Yea?” I asked not really listening to his words.

“Where are we going?”

I didn’t speak for several long minutes knowing what the words I was about to say would bring only one name to our thoughts.

“Blue?” Dustin prompted.

“Areo Creek.”

I didn’t have to look at Dustin to know he was looking anywhere but at me. “Are you sure.” He whispered

“It’s okay Dust you don’t have to dance around it I’m a big girl you can ask the question your thinking.” I told him not really sure if my heart could take the question that would follow.

“ It’s where he died can you live with us going there now.”

I could hear the gentle waves of the creek hitting against its shores now and I knew if I looked a little ways north I would see a weeping angle made out of living stone resting on the bed of the creek.

“what just happened.” Pyrro asked, shifting in her saddle.

Dustin and I turned to see her sitting upright in her saddle looking at us.

“You were being stupid for the second time since I have had the honor of knowing your idiotic need to run away.” Dustin told her.

“It’s only nature animals ran away when they feel threatened.” Pyrro retorted in a know it all tone.

I took a deep breath thankful not to have to answer Dustin at this moment. “If you feel threaten when we are trying to help you. Who knows what you’ll feel when someone trying to hurt you.”

“So far this doesn’t feel like helping I’ve been kidnapped, drugged, taken to a dungeon and hit in the head by a whole bunch stuff.” Pyrro said.

“Well we have to make up for all the times your mother would have dropped you on your head. To knock a little common senses into your thick skull. ” Dustin teased

“You drugged her? you hate drugs. You hate the ideal of people being drugged. You’re just a hypocrite.”

“I did not drug her.”

“Oh so you had someone else drug her. Same thing, well kind of.”

“No she was drugged without me knowing.” Dustin defined himself

“No you were aware of it… at a point.” Pyrro suggested.

“Can we move on from her being drugged already?” Dustin asked.

“Sure you can tell the story.” I suggested

“No, no I’m not good at stories. You can tell it to her.”

“What story?” Pyrro inquired.

“The past you don’t know.”

“Just tell me.” Pyrro yelled

I look at Dustin already aware of the fact that I’m going to be stuck tell about Pyrro’s parents.

“Okay. 25 years ago my grandfather ruled. It was the closest time of peace our world has ever known. He had a consul where there were equal numbers of each people present and they had a say in the way he ruled, then when my mother was about 16 she went to the rebellion and told them that she had seen that Black Sky  was going to kill him and replace him. And he did. Once Black Sky took over he slowly took apart the consul. When I was almost 2 years of age a child was conceived in one of the animas’. No one knew who the father was. And as the nine months passed by the mother was watched closely. One day the father made a mistake he talked your mother. Asking how the baby was.  Then a few days later boom there you were alive and in this world. The eyes of all of Ske fell onto the child. The child looked like the father. Without warning your father ran taking you with him. He disappeared no one ever found him.” I paused thinking should I warn her about what their abilities were? No it’s not definite that she’ll get the same ones as either of them.   “That’s just about all I know.” I finally finished.

“Well how many people where on this council?” Pyrro questioned now intrigued.

“36, there were 12 Humans, 12 Animas, and 12 Skies.” I answered

“So there has to be a few who are still alive,” Pyrro said know seeming to be talking more to herself, “and we can find them and talk to them. They would know something about my parents.”

“How exactly do you plan on finding them? If they are not dead then they are in hiding.” I requested. 

“Well there is a record on all former council members in the great library.” Dustin chimed in. I gave him a look of death daring him to continue.

“Where is this library?” Pyrro asked in her pursuit of knowledge.

“Well it’s about 3days journey from here in the human city of Bellton.” Dustin replied ignoring  me.

“It’s much too dangerous though, Bellton is crawling with guards. We will not be going there.” I spoke with an air of confines

“If you don’t come with me, I’m going alone.” Pyrro stated standing up.

“How long do you thing you’ll survive when your wanted poster is on every street corner.” I asked, my temper quickly rising.

“I’ll go with you. This is right up my alley.” Dustin said with a smile. I glared at him knowing all too well he was forcing me to go with them.

“I hate thieves and cut throats. No honor.” I muttered looking into his eyes.

“So you’ll be joining us?” Dustin asked a smile spread across his face.

“If only to kill you myself when we get caught.” I said glaring at him.

“Oh so now you’re a cut throat.”  

“We’ll set out tomorrow. Let’s set up camp here.”

Pyrro smiled knowing now that she was able to get her way as long as Dustin agreed with her. She claimed off her horse and into a nearby tree and before I could blink my eye she was out cold. Leaving me and Dustin to make sure that we would in fact make it to morning. 

“You can sleep right now if you like.” Dustin offered as he dismounted, trying his best to make up for siding with Pyrro.

“Sleep. As if I could after all that excitement.” I retorted

I slowly dismounted and tied the horses to a nearby tree thinking about what had just happened. Was I wrong for thinking that we should let this go for now?

“I know that look Blue your thinking about something. Want to share with the group?”

My frown deepen. “I was wondering if I had been wrong. If you did the right thing siding with her?”

“Does that mean you forgive me? Since it was side with you and we lose her, or side with her and make sure she lives to see one more bright and shinning day.”

“You’re an idiot.”

“So that’s a yes.”

“I’m still wondering is this how our story has always been written or did we just skip a few chapters?”

“Metaphors. Cryptic kid you are.”

“Just shut up and sleep already. And I’m not a kid I’m 18 you’re what 10?”

“20 thank you very much princess.” He replied as he lay down for sleep.

As soon as sleep had consumed him I wondered to the Creek Bed. When at last I stood at its shores I removed the shoes that covered my feet. And waited into the water. Like I had done two years ago.

 The sky was grey and cold unforgiving rain fell. I saw his face as it floated in clear water. “Logan.” I screamed as I ran through the water. He was cold to the touch his life already drained from his body.  “No, no he can’t be dead.”  I turned around my eyes falling on my brother’s face and hate filling me.

“It’s your fought.”  I cried

I lifted the man I was meant to marry out of the water, bringing  him to the shore. As I placed him down my hand shook hate filling me. Water clung to me freezing me to the core.  My emotions were strong and I was losing control. But I didn’t care.



© 2012 Blue_Sky


Author's Note

Blue_Sky
Hey who evers out there reading this i would love to know what your thoughts are abou th story. Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 17, 2012


Author

Blue_Sky
Blue_Sky

VA



About
I’m a junior in high school who has written since I was seven. I’ve always loved the way with one book authors are immortalized in the mines of those who read their stories. I have always .. more..

Writing
Who Are You Who Are You

A Poem by Blue_Sky


Cancer Cancer

A Chapter by Blue_Sky