Nightmare of Memories

Nightmare of Memories

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            Dagger shook uncontrollably. Unlike Hack, she was having a nightmare of memories. A small whimper escaped her lips as a tear fell from her eye and onto Hack's shirt.

 

            "Wretch... I trust you. If anything goes wrong I need you to find Zero." Dagger's voice was quiet.

            "I will. I worry about you, Dagger," Wretch reached out for her but she flinched away.

            "I can't... I'm sorry, Wretch." Dagger moved away as he tried to grab her arm again. He looked up at her with sad eyes as she ran out of the room. Guilt, pure guilt stabbed her heart. She couldn't; she still loved Hack.

            Slowly, the scene began to change.

 

            Her footsteps echoed in the hall as she moved into what used to be Hack's small apartment room. It was now occupied with Zero, the one she had vowed to protect. He was pacing back and forth in front of her once she sat on the couch.

            ".... You told him about me." Zero shook his head.

            "There was no one else I could. I can't keep coming here. You know it's hard for me to even get away from Base, if he knew I was here he'd kill me," Dagger hung her head.

            "Still, you told someone at @-H@KON and of all people, one of Ghost's men!"

            "He didn't chose to be----"

            "It doesn't matter." Zero sighed as he sat on the short coffee table, "I should be thanking you for what you've done... I'm sorry, Dagger. It's hard being invisible, not being able to go outside without a chance of being spotted by someone from back at the warehouse."

            "I understand. I should be going." She stood.

            "Dagger, do you still love him?" Zero watched as she hesitated before leaving the room. She couldn't; it'd get him killed.

            The dream changed without warning.

 

            "WRETCH!" Before her eyes she saw Wretch fall dead to the floor. Guilt... His eyes pleading for her to run, pleading to change what happened months ago. The sound of the shotgun pierced her ears a second time. There was no Hack to pull her away from the scene as she watched Wretch's eyes roll back into his head and blood pour out of his mouth.

            "Why, Dagger?!" He roared from on the ground. Base 1 stood behind him, holding the gun at his own head with a malicious smile on his face.

            "Dagger, you refused me!" Wretch screamed, "I sacrificed my life for you!" His nails dug into his face; pulling down on his cheeks.

            "Stop! Wretch!" Dagger cried, falling to her knees a couple feet from him. Blood was spat at her but she didn't move. His nails created jagged lines down his cheeks as he screamed out in pain, causing blood bubble and gargle in his mouth before soaking the knees of Dagger's pants. Above her, Base's finger tensed on the trigger. The sound of the shotgun's bullets crushing his skull caused Dagger to gag and fall to the floor in Wretch's blood. She was in shock and barely aware of Wretch's bloody hand now resting on the side of her head.

 

            Dagger was nearly screaming in Hack's shirt. He shook her but she refused to wake up. Her hands gripped his shirt tighter as the volume of her screams increased. He sat up with her and put her face in his hands. Dagger face was burning like a fever.

            "Dagger..." Hack held one of her fists, "C'mon, Dagger, wake up."

            She cried into his shirt, her body trembled but she didn't respond to Hack. He looked around for water but found none. If he didn't do something the neighboring hotel rooms would think someone was screaming bloody murder. 

            "Dagger!" With his hands under her arms her shook her harder, "Wake up!"

            Slowly, her eyes opened and the tears continued to fall. Hack got her hands to release his shirt and wrap around him.

            "Wretch?" He asked gently as he held her in his arms. Dagger nodded slightly as she turned away from his kiss allowing him to kiss her cheek instead.

            "Go back to sleep," Hack sighed, still holding her. Cautiously, her fearful eyes closed.



© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you enjoyed. More coming soon! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW. That was an amazing chapter, well- written and pretty exciting. I think this chapter added more dimension to Dagger, another layer. We got to learn more about her in a way we haven't before. Excellant write. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on July 14, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.