Imperfect

Imperfect

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Hack stumbled up the stairs. He could hear the man called Base 1 pounding his way to the top as well but he didn't dare to look back. A trap door opened above him and he lifted the girl, Dagger, out. Proxy and Wretch were close behind and climbed out as fast as they could before Base 1 could reach them. Everyone but Proxy ran to the helicopter.
"What the heck do you think you're doing?!" Wretch yelled over the sound of the helicopter's rotors.
"Just go! I'm giving you time!" Proxy screamed back.
"No, we'll have enough time if you come back now!"
Proxy never responded. The trap door opened, exposing Base 1 and Ducky. Immediately after they reached the surface, Proxy leaped onto Base 1 to keep the RPG from aiming at the helicopter that was just beginning to take off. Ducky grabbed Proxy's arm tightly as he pulled him off of his boss. Then, suddenly, he was plummeting to the surface of Earth as he wrestled Proxy. Ducky took one last glance at his boss but his boss had never even taken notice of him.
_______________________________________________________________________________
The sensation of falling was like nothing I had ever experienced... or ever wanted to, I should add. It's strange how it takes something like falling off of a roof for me to actually realize that Base 1 never gave a crap about me. Funny how that works... People always say that as they die they see their life flash before their eyes... Liars, the whole bunch of them. I see nothing. Maybe that's because my parents signed me off to an adoption agency before I was even born or because those I loved never loved me... Maybe I had nothing left to live for. Still, I'm not ready to die; I never was and yet here I am with the wind blowing through my hair and the concrete sidewalk only a story or two away.
There's nothing I can do and not much left to say. I'm human and an imperfect one at that. Should I leave life with a positive comment or regrets or my past life? Hacking was nice... Gave me that edge to life and freedom. Now, though, I guess you could say I'm falling off that edge and realizing that this was all limited. The concrete is close now... In seconds I'm going to feel my body being crushed and pain... Oh so terrible pain. All I ask is to be forgiven.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Hack was looking down on the scene with regret and a queasy stomach. Everything had happened so fast that he almost felt as though his brain couldn't keep up. Proxy and Ducky lie in a sickening pool of blood on the sidewalk within seconds and Base 1 was trying with all his might to fire an RPG at them. The helicopter rocked side to side as they flew away while making sure to dodge every bullet shot at them. One RPG flew past the helicopter and hit a building somewhere down the street causing more chaos. The fire lit up the night sky with fury just as the helicopter escaped the range of Base 1 and his gun.


© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Ok, definitely not my best chapter but I am a little rusty from not writing in a while so cut me slack. Will produce a rewrite of the chapter when possible but I am busy. I hope to add on to it as well. Hope it was a little entertaining though. More will come asap

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was entertaining but it wasn't your best as you seem to know.
I do feel that the book is becoming quite disjointed because when there's something revealed, something spoiler worthy, it isn't told in a clear manner which sometimes personally dissatisfies me because i've become interested in these characters.

Overall: Good chapter not your best but still good. I hope too read more.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on February 19, 2012
Last Updated on February 19, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.