Fight

Fight

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Bullets, flashes, gun powder... So deafening... Hack's body rumbled as bullets sprayed out of his gun. He was in the front because, after all, he did have the bigger gun. Cinder, Proxy, and Wretch stayed closely behind with their pistols. Overwhelming death was seen all around but they continued to open fire. It's strange how easy it is to kill after only one bullet escapes the muzzle of whatever gun you use. The adrenaline or the rush sweeps through you and the will to survive become stronger and more important than anything in the world. You only focus on one thing...
Sweat rolled down his cheeks as he screamed like a mad man. Grown men and young adults fell to their knees as bullets cut through their bodies. Hack saw everything unfold before him as if in slow motion... It seemed unreal. Then, it stopped. No other guards came for the moment and they decided to use it to their advantage. They needed to find Dagger before they could leave. Wretch stopped them in front of a door so that they could reload before entering.
"Let's kill 'em. A clean fight, now. Don't wanna be burying any bodies today, right? Now, come one, let's get us our hacker." Cinder smiled past some blood that was running from his nose.
Wretch swung open the door and Hack stood in front again. His blood boiled with anger though he didn't know what for. Two men crouched low to the floor but Hack couldn't pay attention to them when several other men were opening fire. Something cold skinned his arm causing something wet to run down it. He bit his lip and continued to fire at every person. How in the world was this person so important that they had to kill all these people? Hack suddenly felt vulnerable and ceased firing to actually look at his surroundings for the first time.
Cinder bore a screwy smile upon his lips every time his finger tensed to pull the trigger. He failed to look behind him before his expression turned to one of shock. One bullet would be all it took to kill him and that really was all it took. The bullet brought impact on his back and he fell to the ground. Hatred flared like fire inside of Hack and gave him a new reason to fight. More guards fell to the ground before someones hands rose up behind a desk.
"Hack, we meet again." An older looking man smiled mischievously.
"Who are you?" Hack glared.
"You don't remember me? Why its me, Base 1. Still not ringing a bell? Well, what a shame... I could get your memory back for you if you'd like."
"Hack is just fine. Put your weapons down." Wretch kept his gun pointing at the two men.
"You really think I'm just going to let you walk out with her?" Base 1 shook his head, "I don't think so."
Hack was just about to shoot when the door behind them was burst open by ten or so SWAT men. They surrounded Base 1 and Ducky while Hack grabbed Dagger and ran.
"Will they be arrested?" Hack asked Proxy and Wretch as they ran upstairs to what they hoped would be a helicopter.
"They better be. Oh crap, duck!" Proxy screamed as an RPG flew past their heads, "This mans gone insane! Run!"


© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Will clean this up a bit later when I get the chance. Hope you enjoyed this! More coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Right now this is what I’m talking about it: We did get some feelings of how Hack felt from a different perspective, it was told on the outside rather than on the inside which helped a lot... I do think you're pulling out all the stops but you're still not drawing them as they seem, they should be sometimes. I really liked much of this chapter as it drew on certain things, which would be nothing but truth.
I do think though every time Base 1 is in a chapter, we never get anything from it just his introduction, do you know me or remember me and if nothing is done, it could become a repetitive play, so I hope there's more to him as we still haven't got much from him as I think we could has as we haven't learnt more of the motivations, back story and life which could serve more as a driving force for the remainder of the story. Good chapter, an overall improvement on the previous which I didn't like that much.


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on January 30, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.