Beginning

Beginning

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Zero had remained next to Dagger even though Wretch explained that she was alive. He told Zero that she needed his help and that her mind was being slowly broken apart. Zero was the only one who could help her.
"I remember you," Zero spoke after an hour of silence.
"Me?" Wretch furrowed his brow.
He nodded, "Are you still with him?"
"Who?"
"Ghost."
"He's in jail at the moment when he refused to help Dagger. How do you know me? As far as I know, we've never met."
"We haven't but Dagger has met both us. She had to have told you about me for you to know where I was... Dagger told me before that you were working for Ghost. Bad man to be in debt to, trust me. Warren Tom Chaste," Zero shook his head, "looks as if she's been playing both sides."
"Call. Me. Wretch." His fists clenched, "There's something else. Hack lost his memory to this virus or whatever you want to call it. He can't remember a thing."
"Yeah, I got that the first time you said it. Exactly where will we be landing?"
Wretch thought for a moment. If he took them back to the president, he would take control by putting them all in prison. Also, the president wouldn't be too happy to see that Dagger was unconscious, "Washington but, not in D.C.. We've got some work to do if you're willing."
"I have a debt to repay and this is my chance. Do you really think I would say no?"
The two men laughed. Hack had watched them talk for a while before letting his mind wander. There was something he remembered... 

A young woman sat at a cafe table looking so free with the wind blowing through her brown hair. Something about her seemed to be relaxed and yet, on edge. Her eyes darted around as she took in her surroundings, the people, and him. Hack was suddenly standing in front of her table.
"May I sit?" He asked.
The woman sized him up as if to see if he was a threat, "Sure."
They talked... Laughed... As their laughter died down, he introduced himself to her and after a lengthy pause, she did as well. A broad smile spread across her lips when he nicknamed her Wisty. They got along so well... Then, she jumped up abruptly after glancing at he cell phone.
"I have to go. I'm so sorry. It was nice meeting you, Henry. Thank you for a nice day." Wisty hurried to leave but Henry grabbed her arm. Fear sprung up her spine.
"Do you need a ride? I'm not legally aloud to drive anyone but it's safer than you walking around this late. Please, let me drive you. I'll take you to wherever you're headed." Henry tried to reason with her.
"What do you drive?"
"A motorcycle."
He received a mischievous grin from her and soon, they were speeding down the freeway with her arms wrapped around him.

Hack sadly let the memory disappear. He knew what that was; it was the first time he and Dagger had ever met. He took out his phone to watch the news. What he saw was everything but good news. It was beginning.


© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I'm going to edit this soon but I wanted to post it. Hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Plot twist! I really like this story. My favorite part is the flash back also.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I actually read this in Germany but i didn't have my password on me to review and i didn't read the two chapters before. My favourite part is the first time he and Dagger met, such a beautiful scene and such chemistry. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 21, 2012
Last Updated on April 21, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.