The Rescuers

The Rescuers

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Hack stared at his rescuers with a dumb expression. Why couldn't he remember them? They repeatedly told him their names and asked if he remembered anything at all. His reply? Always in the negative. Hack stood in what seemed like a closet along with three other people. One of which had a laptop balanced on their knees as their fingers flew across the keypad. A hacker possibly?
"What are you doing?" Hack asked.
"What does it look like I'm doing?" The person replied rudely without looking away from the screen; someone shot them a disproving glance. "Ugh, I'm trying to focus. Have one of them explain."
"Listen, Hack, we are trying to rescue Dagger the same way we rescued you. And believe me when I say that it wasn't it easy. Hacking into the insides of a computer is no problem but hacking into a computer attached to a human brain? Well, that's another story. It's nothing like we've done @-H@KON." Wretch leaned against the closet door as he explained.
"@-H@KON?" Hack questioned.
"Wow... That thing really wiped your brain clean. Do you even remember Dagger?"
"No, should I?"
"Holy crud, dude. This isn't good at all. Hey, Cinder?"
"What?" The guy at the computer grunted.
"Do you think Dagger will turn out the same way?"
"Sure hope not. That won't sit well with the Prez."
"Prez?" Hack was confused.
"The President. He's here, you know? Well, not here, here but he's coming. Told us that he needed to see Dagger and when he found out that some dude took both of you guys, he made us come to the rescue or risk being sent to jail. I've been there once... Eh, it wasn't my type of thing y'know? So, well, here I am. Ghost, though, he fought the government. Jail time for that idiot..." Another man named Proxy spoke up. Hack studied the men before him and wondered if what they were telling him was a lie or not.
"No, no, no! Aw, I'm fried! Its got her completely secured! Heck, it probably learned from me when I got Hack out. We gotta get out of here!" Cinder slammed the computer shut as a bright white light began to escape from it; a close call.
"We can't leave without Dagger!" Wretch continued to block the door.
"The freakin' thing just sent warnings to every computer in this building! Armed men are gonna shoot us beyond death!"
Wretch considered this for a second, "Fine... We'll still grab Dagger."
"How in the world are we gonna do that?!"
There was no time to reply because the door was being pounded on by several men. Cinder, Wretch, and Proxy all took out pistols. They glanced back at Hack and with a slight hesitation, Proxy removed an AK-47 from his back to hand it to him. Wretch nodded and swung open the closet door.


© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you enjoyed this! More coming as of now! Oh just you wait, this thing is going to get really exciting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am glad you've returned to the original way of things but i didn't feel anything from this chapter, you know ? Usually when i read a chapter, i didn't get anything from it i could take into thought ... It's a good chapter but not your best, once again it feels anti-climatic to what happened with the end of Wake and how order of things, i wouldn't change the order like you did before though.

I think some things you said in this chapter didn't come out as you may of wanted them to or they didn't come off as you would of liked them to , too me.

I do think sometimes the problem is you raise the bar giving questions and you give a climax but then don't give us an answer, not a clear one for us to think about ... leaving it a little disjointed . Good chapter but not your best.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on January 30, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.