The White House

The White House

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            As planned, Dagger approached the White House by herself. She walked toward the Secret Service with her hands in the air as she stated her name and business. The Secret Service called it in to the President who confirmed the meeting. Two more Secret Service men emerged from inside the White House. They stood on either side of Dagger and patted her down before leading her inside. Her eyes flicked around her surroundings as she repeated in her head what Wretch had told her, at the first sign of arrest... She walked up the stairs; I'll be listening through your earpiece. One of the men rested a hand on her shoulder. Dagger's thoughts continued, the lights will go out. That's when you run. They approached the President's Oval Office, Just listen for my call... Dagger was patted down for a second time and a deep voice inside welcomed them in.

            Behind a large, wooden desk stood the President of the United States of America; the loved or the hated, the dangerous or the protector. He cleared his throat and sat down after Dagger. Since when does the President show respect for a hacker? She crossed her arms at the thought. Hands weighed down her shoulders as if to remind her that the two Secret Service men were still there. The President drummed his fingers on the desk and Dagger met her eyes with his. His eyes were sunken from lack of sleep and the gray hairs on his head told her that he was stressed. Still, Dagger patiently waited for him to speak.

            The President cleared his throat again, "So, Warren brought you?"

            "Wretch dropped me off, more like." Dagger stated.

            "That's a shame because I was hoping I'd be able to give him his reward for bringing you in."

            "I'm sure you were but I'd rather just get to the point of this stupid meeting."

            "I wasn't going to rush it but, if you wish, we can begin." The President folded his hands, "Your security didn't work. This deal was only to last as long as the security did. But, even worse, it seems that your 'indestructible security' has also gone haywire."

            Dagger tried to shift under the heavy hands, "It isn't exactly my fault that Hack was able to bypass it. Also, it wasn't Hack's fault that he opened your 'ghost' nuclear file which, I'm guessing, you hadn't told anyone about."

            "His real name is Henry. Henry may not have been at fault for opening it but he had to put the codes in to activate it."

            Dagger was confused, "That's not possible. Ducky and I had been there and he didn't put any codes in and the security had claimed to be at fault for it. 'It' put the codes in... The security wanted to make it look like and make Hack believe that he was at fault. Maybe Hack was never at fault.... What if he was being controlled by the security, even then..." Her thoughts drifted.

            "I don't see how that's possible," The President swallowed.

            "You wanted this to happen." The words escaped her lips before she realized it. Her eyes crawled back up to meet his, "You..."

            "I'm sorry to disappoint you but that is definitely not true. How would I know that Henry would even begin to break into my files? See?"

            Suddenly, it hit Dagger. Hack was being controlled from the beginning when he cracked into the President's files. It was finalized when he tried to pull the plug. There were only small moments when he was able to fight the security and be himself...

            The President saw the puzzle being slowly pieced together through Dagger's eyes, "Seeing as our deal could not be kept, Wysteria, you are to be sent to prison immediately without a court hearing, parole, or bail."

            "You don't have the power to----"

            "I'm the president," he smiled and the lights went black.



© 2012 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Whew... Don't know why but this has got to be one of my favorite chapter that I have written. Hope you enjoyed getting some more information and reading this! More coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW, this is definetley one of my favourite chapters and it seems same for you. Oooh, we're getting answers. I like it now because everything's getting clearer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.