Ch 2: Melody's Grill

Ch 2: Melody's Grill

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon
"

Michael visits the grill where Reyna works, demonic voices begin to emerge fro the darkness

"

                           Ch.2: melody's grill

 

     "I should head over to Melody's grill," I thought to my self. Melody's is a small grill owned by a woman who has been there fro Reyna since she was a pre-teen. she would often give her advice about boys, school, and life in general. she wasn't that much older than her, an yet she was wise beyond her years and kind to boot. I have watched them grow up from infants to women. Melody was always the golden child of the neighbor hood and Reyna has always been the bad girl, not in reality. but the  minds of those who misjudged her. she started cutting herself to erase the hurt she felt from these naysayers. it may sound bias and maybe it is. but I noticed the fog  surrounding her like a metal to a magnet.

 

     Reyna was always good to people, she would fight to stop bullies from picking on others that were different, including herself. she was the kindest person but because she is not a virgin any more, have piercings in her lips, nose, tongue, and other places I dare not mention she is look at as some kind of monster or temptress. people judge her fro wearing all black, wearing black cosmetics and coloring her hair black, they assume she is a rebel. these people, these nay Sayers were mostly part of the church. no wander she has lost faith in things that don't show them selves to humans for good reason. 

 

     a lot of these things is what convinces Uriel that humans are wretched creature, that need nothing but death. but I believe different, there are those like melody and Reyna's mom. too bad she has bad choice in boy friends. one even had his way with Reyna when her mother was passed out from drinking too heavily. when Ramona told her mom she automatically called the authorities only to find out he was a grade 'A' sex offender.

 

      Reyna takes after her mother  in the way that always find the jerks and violators. just last week she caught her boy friend cheating on someone she thought was her friend. she beat her to the ground and pulled a switch blade on him. she even threatened to castrate him. he ran like the coward he was. me and Gabriel watched over her then, he got a kick over that coward. he even said, "this is why you don't tick a Hispanic woman off." well I cleaned it up a bit. its shocking knowing Gabriel is an Arcanus Angelo.

 

     Lost in thought I finally arrived at Melody's grill. I stepped in the double western doors to see  a beautiful blond woman greeting from the back of the register, she had blue eyes like the azure sea, and fine skin. she was wearing a pink blouse with a blue jean skirt. she had a name tag on her left bosom that read, 'melody'. "hello hun, what can I do for you good lookin'' she said with a soft southern accent. "I will need a seat for one melody,"I said with the same gentleness as her. she grabbed a menu and escorted me to a corner stall, the table was tan, the seats were dark brown and leather, the mini chandelier hung as if the fates were guiding me here. "someone will serve you in a sec' I need to stay behind the register."

 

     soon someone came to serve me, it was her, it was Reyna Reyes. she was wearing her usual punk get-up she had a black punk vest, black plaid skirt, black wrist bands that were more than likely used to cover a combination of scars and scabs, she had black finger-less gloves with round studs, she also had some freshly sewn in patches of her favorite bands. they were bands like devil wears Prada, Brokencyde, and amity affliction. she rolled up in rollerblades that were also black but with a misfits symbol on the ankles.

 

     "hi, I am Reyna and I am going to be your server today. without looking at the menu I spoke,"i'll take the special please." I ended by handing her the menu. I waited about fifth-teen minutes, she came by with my food. "I know this is a little late, but are you here on business or pleasure?" she asked with the most beautiful smile. even with the four piercings on her top lips and bottom lips, she had a tongue ring with a moon stone embedded ball. she had a nose piercing in her right

nostril with another moon stone. "is it safe to say that the moon stone is significant in your life. you have two," I said cutting a small piece of the steak she had brought me. " I actually have three but I am not aloud to talk about the other one in a restaurant," she said with a hint of a flirty tone in her voice. I swallowed the piece of meat. "I see, some are very touchy and presumptuous." I retorted. "I see you are a good sport may I get your name?" she asked curiously. "my name is Michael Arcanus Angelo, it's a pleasure miss Reyna." I answered. "yeah me too, my full name is Reyna Reyes." She said. "your name is very Latin if you do not mind me saying so." "yeah I know my father was Mexican and my mother is Italian I take after her more than my Ol' man." she said. though I knew the answer I asked any ways.is the father in the picture?" "no he left when I was six. my mother she cried for days." she said getting a little choked up about the memory of her mother crying. "forgive me, I may have gotten too, personal." "it's alright any ways I will leave to your meal.

 

     I finished up my meal, and went to pay the check. "where is miss Reyes? she was hear about a half hour ago. "oh, her shift was over. she is working while attending college so she sticks with her schedule'" she responded. I felt the mist get thicker, this mist is miasma and is filled with negative energy. it is invisible to the human eye but visible to both Angelo and Devilyn. I followed the mist to bear witness to the mist surrounding her, "is she really the source of this but how can that be she is one human," I thought to my self. as I followed her the shadows began covering the whole area in shadow, not even the light of the full moon shone in. I watched as Reyna began to notice as well. "what is going on here. this is unnatural.

 

                           "Reyna....catalyst... must feed on despair"

 

    

 

 

 



© 2013 C.A.Jordon


Author's Note

C.A.Jordon
you know what to do

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

jesus christ!!! lol i love it dude just keep going in your natural flow,very much enjoyed :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


C.A.Jordon

11 Years Ago

thank you, i haven't done a story from first person point of view in a while. i might try to recreat.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 31, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

C.A.Jordon
C.A.Jordon

Barstow, CA



About
Hey,everyone... i've reading over my stories and jesus my grammer is terrible. I am going to go over them and do lot of editing. so i apologize, i just so into my stories I forget the basics. I am now.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon