Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by CalvinnTay

All I wanted was to be free of the shackles that bind me. Was that too much to ask?

I lived in his shadow for so long, I just wanted to see my own. I thought that if I had my own source of income, then I wouldn't have to obey him any more. I want to be my own person. I wanted to live my own life, but without money, I can't do that. This is why I'm struggling. This is why I'm fighting. 

"If I can take it, I can make it," I whispered to myself. I was alone again, as usual. This room maybe lavish and big, but it wasn't home to me. My wish was to just live a normal life with my parents. I want to spend every day with them, but I just don't know how. Everyone sees me as a genius, and yet with all this knowledge, I can't do s**t. 

After I'm done with my own pity party, I calmed myself and started to plan. But I didn't know where to start, then I heard a knock on the door. "Excuse me Master Zedd, a friend of yours came by to pass you a book," said the Bessie. I said to myself, "I have friends that read?" And the second most astonishing fact was that they have a book that they wanted me to read. That got my curiosity. 

I opened the door and asked, "Who is this from?" 

"It's from the Mistress from the next mansion," Bessie replied. "What's bothering you? You don't look too pleased with the book."

Jessica, why would you give me I book that I already read? "It's nothing. Thank you, Bessie." 

Three Feet from Gold by Sharon Lecther & Gred Reid, I didn't understand. I flipped through the pages and saw a note. It said, "Some books are read once, others are read daily." It was her that wrote the note. So many questions filled my head, I needed to see her, I needed answers. 

"I'll see her tomorrow," I decided.



© 2015 CalvinnTay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on June 28, 2015
Last Updated on June 28, 2015


Author

CalvinnTay
CalvinnTay

Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia



About
Follow me on twitter: @calvinntay I write about the thoughts and life of Gen-Y in a South-East Asia setting more..

Writing