Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by CalvinnTay

Father arranged an apartment for me, but I had to pay the rent and the deposit. After I settled into my new place, I was to meet him for dinner. I wasn't even mad that he wanted me to move out, although I don't get to live with him or mom anymore, having a place for my self is awesome! I love the freedom. It was a normal room, totally furnished with a toilet. It's a new beginning for me.


We had dinner at Zenith, it was a hotel in the city. I was so excited for dinner that I was there early. I read my book as I waited for my dad. I decided to re-read Three Feet from Gold, it was one of the advice that my dad gave me. It never hurts to go over a good book, you might learn something new from it.


Not long after he came in, and we patiently waited for our food. I asked the first question, "So what am I to do now?"


He looked at me and gave a sarcastic remark, "I though you would know since you spent the whole day with me."


I felt embarrassed and said, "Well, it wouldn't hurt to go over it would it?"


He chuckled as he said, "You are to write what you believe and let as many people know about it. Then you'll be successful."


"The formula for success seems kind of easy, if you put it that way." I commented.


"Easy, no. Simple, yes. It's simple because all you need to do is keep doing the easy things that you can do every day." He said. Our food was here already, but I wanted to learn more. As far as I know, I just need to write what I believe about, then let others know, but there has to be some catch to it. This all seemed too good to be true.


Half way through the meal, my father asked, "Have you every heard of the story of the sower? It's a parable that writes the challenges in stored for you. "


"No I haven't. But it will tell me the struggles that I am to face?" I asked back.


"Yes. Do you mind if I retold it?" He gestured politely.


"Please do," I gestured as to say I gave him permission.


"There was a sower with excellent seeds. As he went to sow the seeds, some fell by the wayside and the birds ate them. Some fell on rocky ground where the soil was shallow, and on a hot day, since their roots were not deep, they withered.


Some seeds fell on thorny ground and when they grew, the thorns choked them to death. However, some fell on good ground and bore fruits, some of thirty-folds, some of sixty-folds and others of one hundred-folds.


Do you understand the story? Because this is the only advice I'll give you for this week," Dad finished up his food and paid for the meal. Since I moved out, I had to return to my place on my own, I was grateful to had been given a car.


So this was his advice. I have to decipher the message from this parable, but I know it won't be hard. I had Google. Dad, you should know that times are changing, information can be attained in a blink of an eye now.



© 2015 CalvinnTay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 28, 2015
Last Updated on June 28, 2015
Tags: young, writer, dream, success


Author

CalvinnTay
CalvinnTay

Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia



About
Follow me on twitter: @calvinntay I write about the thoughts and life of Gen-Y in a South-East Asia setting more..

Writing