Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by CalvinnTay

I've written many books and stories since that day, I lost count of how many. I just kept on writing. There wasn't any outstanding results yet, but they will come, because I know that I'm on the right path. The sky after the storm is always the loveliest. I'll endure the struggle, this is what I wanted, and I believe this is right for me. I will not give up.


The books that I published were many, the failures were too. But I'm proud of each book, regardless of their sales. I'll keep on writing. There were people who criticized my work as well, that was painful to bear. My old friend, Jake never supported me despite our long time spent together, that's when I learned the difference between time spent and friendship, at least Jessica was on my side. Don't be discouraged by those who chose to leave you, because someone else will come and stay with you, that's just the way it is.


As my work became known to more people, there were sales, but the book signings were unsuccessful. Just because they bought the books, doesn't meant that they loved it, another painful lesson. However, look up when you're feeling down. The stars and the sky look better than the ground. I learned to add more emotion and heart into the words I wrote, hoping they will touch more hearts.


Success is a numbers game. By doing the things that other don't want to do, consistently, then results will compound, and once it is shown to you, it would look like a miracle to others. Success is not some cataclysmic event that happens in an instant, it is the result of compounded, consistent effort for a long period of time. If you're not where you want to be, keep going, one day you'll break through. That much I promise you.


"Others may laugh at you

But don't you fret

The game is not over

Give up and you'll regret."


-C.T



© 2015 CalvinnTay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on June 28, 2015
Last Updated on June 28, 2015
Tags: young, writer, dream, success


Author

CalvinnTay
CalvinnTay

Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia



About
Follow me on twitter: @calvinntay I write about the thoughts and life of Gen-Y in a South-East Asia setting more..

Writing