Chapter Six: Alone

Chapter Six: Alone

A Chapter by Cคɾเภค{♥}
"

Ha, another character your going to meet.

"

Eliza

  

      Chapter Five: Alone

    

     I walked by myself, to the little store down the street. My foster mom, needed baby formula. The air was chilly, and it gave me shivers down my spine. Goosebumps formed on my arms, and my legs. Even though I was covered up, like a bean burrito. I entered the little store and grabbed the formula with extra iron. The cashier was a 16 year old boy, with acne problems, and greasy hair.

            “You have really pretty green eyes,” he commented. Apparently he was hitting on me. This boy seriously needed new pickup lines.

            “Thanks,” I mumbled my voice scratchy from the cold.

            “I watch you. You go to my school, and I see you walking home alone very day. I see you sitting by yourself at lunch too,” he admitted. Was he trying to be creepy? He placed the formula in a bag for me and handed me the receipt. “Do you want to go to the movies with me this Saturday,” he asked suddenly. I remembered then that his name was Ben Simmons.

            “Oh! Uh, I think I’m a little old for you. Besides I don’t date, at all,” I told him truthfully. His face fell when he heard my answer. He must have thought that just because I was a loner, I would go out with him.

            “I’ll see you at school,” he called as I walked out. The gust of wind whipped my brown hair across my face. It wasn’t as if I wasn’t pretty, actually I was the prettiest girl in my year. That was saying something too. I’m just not sociable, so after three years of high school guys stopped asking me out. After that a rumor buzzed around saying that I was a lesbian, then another about how I was locked up in an Asylum when I was little. They were close about the last one.

            Ever since I can remember I grew up in foster homes. Never quite fitting in here or there. My life was a dull grey canvas of boring. I didn’t associate with anyone at all, unless asked a direct question in class. I never had a lovable foster home either. The one I was in now carried 12 children in a small four bedroom house. I didn’t have a room because I was the oldest. I got to sleep on the couch every night. All my personal clothing was in a suitcase next to the couch. We had no T.V and no computer. The only thing I kept to entertain myself was books.

            I loved reading. Whenever I needed to get away from my sucky life, I retreated to a nice book. Most of the time they weren’t nice at all. The books I read were gruesome and horrible. I read that kind of genre, because it made me feel better about my life. All my 18 years I felt that something was missing. I was right too; recently I learned that I had a twin brother. We were separated by birth. He lived on 42nd street; his house was the one with a broken window. His foster parent or whatever the man was is a drunk. The boys name was Andrew. He still has no idea that I exist, just like I didn’t know about him.

            I walked in my small house a put the formula on the kitchen counter. I then sat down on my couch and thought. I wanted so bad to see my twin. I wanted to know that I had family, and that someone would care for me. I have been all alone this whole time of my existence with no one to love. Even though I cared for my foster brothers and sisters, they didn’t return the feeling. Yes, I got hugs from them. But it was like getting a hug from a stranger you just met. Soon, too soon I would be getting out of this town when I graduated.

            I got up quickly and grabbed the keys to my foster moms Chevy; she wouldn’t be using it tonight. She had to feed the baby. I shoved the keys into the ignition and drove to the street where he lived. I kept the engine running as I stared at the house he lived in. It wasn’t much, just like mine wasn’t either. I got out and walked up the little path to the door. I stood there for the longest time, fighting with myself. I rang the doorbell before I could change my mind and run like a chicken.

            I heard loud footsteps bounding down the stairs. What is it was him that answered the door? What would I say? Before I could ponder further, the door flew open. In the doorway was a large man that had a scowl etched upon his face. Even standing two feet away from him I could smell the beer on his breath.     

            “What do you want,” he growled. Before I could answer he said, “I am not buying anything if that’s what you’re here for. I don’t believe in charity.”          

            “No, I’m here for Andrew,” I mumbled hesitantly. Maybe I had the wrong house.

            “Your too late, the boy ran away with my damn truck yesterday. Hasn’t been home since,” he growled again. Well, I couldn’t blame Andrew for running away from him in the first place.

            “Oh, I’m sorry. Well if he comes back can you tell him that Eliza stopped by, and give him this number,” I said handing him a scrap of paper.

            “If the boy comes back, he’s not going to live to call you sweetheart. You look like him,” he grumbled.

            “Well yeah I’m his twin. We were separated by birth,” I whispered. The man looked like he was about to explode in shock. Before he could I quickly said to him, “I got to go back to my home, please tell him that I stopped by if he comes back.”

             I ran back to my Chevy and jumped in. I drove quietly back to my house. If Andrew never came back, I would never find him. if he did come back, it looked as if that gorilla man would shred him to pieces. Either way I would never see him ever again. Never. I would remain alone my whole life, with no one ever knowing the kind of person I actually was. The thought made tears cascade down my cheeks silently. Every night tears would fall, but today they came early. I was an expert at not crying out loud, but I was never able to stop the waterfall.

 

 



© 2008 Cคɾเภค{♥}


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

okay, you haave make sure that they meet!! i'll be disappointed if they don't!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2008


Author

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Cคɾเภค{♥}

The Heart, CA



About
I'm a dreamer. A fighter. A surviver. && most importantly a lover. I'm a nice person, so get to know me:) Hate+Fire=Destruction Love+Fire=Passion♥ Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is lov.. more..

Writing
For You For You

A Poem by Cคɾเ$..