Chapter Ten: Ambush

Chapter Ten: Ambush

A Chapter by Cคɾเภค{♥}
"

Exciting.

"

Chapter Ten:

          Ambush

 

My car idled in front of the small café. I was still deciding whether I could face Ivy once more, or if I should speed away as fast as I could. Right, speed away. I couldn’t handle her again; she was evidently out of control. I turned the key, and began to step on the gas.

“I knew you would show up,” Ivy cried, as she opened the passenger door. Oh well, at least I tried right? “First things first I found a vampire in a city nearby. We need to get there fast. I have what we need already to go,” she said seriously.

“Hello to you too, Ivy,” I said sarcastically.

“Don’t be silly, I’m serious.” I looked at her skeptically. How could she ever be serious?

“You serious, puh-lease!” She scowled at me, and my grin faded away.

“Andrew, when it comes to exterminating these leaches I don’t kid around. Are you in this with me or not?” She really did look ready to kill, it kind of scared me. The face she was giving me told me I really didn’t have a choice. And if I refused, well I didn’t want to think about that.

“Where to, general?” She smiled and gave me directions to bigger town than Wilson Creek. What was I thinking? Any town was bigger than the one I lived in. Deciding to break the unbearable silence between us we drove I asked her a question I had been dying to ask.

“So how do you kill a vampire?”

She lifted her eyebrows at me, “You really don’t know,” she scoffed. I just looked straight ahead. “Well they certainly don’t get killed by the usual way.”

“You mean you can’t kill them with stakes, and garlic doesn’t bother them,” I asked a little confused. She laughed, as if it should be obvious; even to a newcomer like me.

“No, they actually like garlic, and stakes just do nothing.”

“So how do you kill them,” I pressed.

“Well the can get killed only by their own and us. We actually don’t need any tools, just are hands and blood.” Ivy said with a little menace hinting in her words.  “You see are skin is like the legend that only wooden stakes can kill them. All we have to do is stick our finger in there heart, brain, or anywhere and it will kill them. The other way is to let them smell us; usually they can’t so they don’t know we’re after them. But once you’re close enough you can release you’re smell and it comes irresistible. Once they drink, they drop dead. Our blood is poison,” she said proudly. 

I had to swallow back the bile that was rising in my throat. With every word Ivy said I wanted to snap her in half. She talked about killing them like it was the naturalist thing in the world, as if we were talking about lunch. I knew I could never do anything so gruesome like that to her, the girl I had fallen in love with against my own will. She had me the first night I dreamt of her, and even though she was a vampire I didn’t care.

She could kill me, as long as it was her killing. I wouldn’t lay one finger on her even if she tried. She could use me to have anything she wanted, and I would do it. Hell, I’d steal a million dollars if she wanted money. How crazy that sounds? I barely knew her, yet I could tell you every detail about her. Boy, I had it bad. One little chat with her and I was already falling head over heels for her. She didn’t even like me!

I wanted to laugh hysterically at the thought. Here I am pouring my guts out to myself about how much I’m in love, and she didn’t even feel the same way. If anything she was scared shitless. She didn’t want me to even talk to her! No, she wanted me stay away. She wasn’t stupid though. Nope, she was going to meet me again soon, even if she didn’t want to. I knew she would. She wouldn’t risk herself being found where she lives. But if she never went out alone, clearly giving me a hint, I wouldn’t try to find her. I’d tell Ivy I’d already finished her off and that I was going somewhere where I could be someone.

“We’re here,” ivy announce, bringing me back to life. I stopped the car in front of a bar. We weren’t in a very nice neighborhood. This was a certain part where lowlifes and gangsters lived. Ha! I’d probably fit right in, what with me being homeless and everything. All round us there were alleys covered in Graffiti. Just down the street were some storage places. I had no idea why even a vampire would live here.

“It’s uh a nice neighborhood,” I said uneasily. It was already getting dark. A luminous purple and red were taking over the clear, blue skies.

“Don’t be such a baby, Andrew.” She scolded me. “This is the time of day they usually start coming out. I was here yesterday after we talked in you’re truck and I found some suspicious activity.”

“What kind of activity,” I asked.

“Well, I saw a ‘person’ drinking the life of some hobo. I think that’s pretty suspicious, don’t you?” She turned around to face me, her violet eyes shining even in the dark. A slow, cruel smile forming on her mouth.

“Why didn’t you just finish the leech off then?”

Ivy’s smile was wiped clean from her face, as she stared at me directly in the eyes. “Because I wanted you to kill it.” What?! No, no, no! I was not going to risk my life to kill some f*****g vampire who obviously is a killer. F**k Ivy. Damn her to the deepest pits of hell, and may she rot there.

“I’m sorry I don’t think I heard you right, Ivy. You want me to kill a f*****g vampire, when I barely know how to tie my shoes!” I yelled at her, getting right in her face. I didn’t care if she was a girl; I wanted to hit her right then and there. I have to admit that I was kind of awestruck when Ivy didn’t cringe away from me like most guys would; no she just had to stare calmly in my eyes. This made me even angrier; making her smile.

“Well somebody has a temper. If you weren’t a guy I’d think you were on you’re period. You know you could really use a breathe mint,” she said matter-of-factly as she crinkled her nose. I was breathing hard in her face, as rationality slowly came back.

“Ivy please, don’t make me do this. You’re the expert,” I said pleading now, like a little girl. She played with my emotions as she pretended to think it through.

“Nope, I want you to do it Andrew. You’re reluctant towards me and even killing vampires. You don’t see what kind of monsters they are. All you see is a pretty face when I say the word ‘vampire’. If you don’t see what they truly are, then I really don’t know what I’m going to do with you,” she told me, her voice commanding and threatening at the same time. Somehow she knew how reluctant I was, and it bothered me. Sooner or later she would want me to kill more and more and more.

“Fine,” I said in a flat tone. The cruel smile formed on her lips once more, as she started to turn away.

“Here,” she thrust a thick rope at me from the bed of my truck.

“What’s this for?”

She laughed bitterly, “Since it’s you’re first time, you won’t be able to lure him in on your own. I’m the bait; you use this to tie me up.” I gasped; how could she be so sick?

“Is it going to work,” I questioned further.

“Yes,” she replied in a clipped tone. “The vampire is uncivilized he won’t realize I’m a trap even if he wanted too.” Trying not to think of the consequences if we failed, I followed Ivy’s orders.  I wrapped the rope around her as tightly as I could. I thought about just leaving her there on the road, while I made a run for it. But I didn’t have the guts. I don’t think I even have the guts to kill a vampire.

“Is that tight enough.” I asked her through clenched teeth.

“Yes, I can’t even breathe,” she replied, her voice a little weak. Despite what I was doing, I smiled in satisfaction at her discomfort.

“Good.”

 

                                                   * * *

Aiden

 

I stepped out of the bar, putting my black hood over my head so it covered most of my face. I walked quickly down the sidewalk, looking for easy prey. I had never hunted in this area before, but tonight was different. I was hungry and I needed blood. The warmth running down a victim’s neck seemed so satisfying right now.

I passed several alleys but not even a homeless person was out. I almost growled in frustration; there had to be someone out. At my luck, I heard a strained cry coming from the next alley. I willed all the lamps on the street to go out with my mind, as I made my way towards the prey.

The wind was howling almost screeching in my ear, which was good. Nobody would hear the victim’s cries tonight. It was dark, pitch black and that was even better. I didn’t need light to see, my vampire senses were far better than a weak humans. It was better for them to not see me coming.

I turned the corner to find a girl; nineteen or twenty huddled in the darkest corner. Ropes were tied around her as if someone had already had there satisfaction by sex.  Her hair was a dirty blonde and wavy. She was pale and had violet eyes that were wide with fear as she saw me coming down the alley.

My legs shook underneath me, as the wind brung her scent my way. It was…intoxicating. It smelled like a combination of oranges, peaches, and pear. It didn’t smell too sweet, but was just the right balance. It was like a thousand year old bottle of wine, just waiting to be opened. I couldn’t believe my luck, by finding the most delicious blood in the world. And I was going to drink her dry, till her skin shriveled up with no juice.

I leaned forward till my face was leveled with hers. “This isn’t going to hurt. It’s actually going to be pleasant. A pleasant death is what you deserve, for a beautiful lady like you,” I said quietly, but I knew she could here me over the howling of the wind. Before I could lean in further she spat in my face.

“You b***h!” I wiped off the saliva from my face, and snarled. This one was going to be feisty, but she wasn’t going to get away from me. Before I could sink my teeth into her unwilling skin, a hard blow came to my head.

I turned around, hissing furiously. Whoever did that was going to be dinner. Before my eyes was a tall boy, my age or older. I was only seventeen, but I was ten times bigger, faster, and stronger than that weak human. He had light brown hair to his shoulders, and had bright green eyes that seemed cat-like. For some reason he reminded me of my mother.

“Bring it, leech,” the boy said. My eyes narrowed into slits and I lunged after him. I got his arm and yanked it behind his back. He yelled, furiously. He twisted in my grasp, and punched me in the stomach with his other hand. The air was knocked out of me, he was strong. Too strong for a human, he must be a stupid tracker.

I swung my arm right for his pretty face. He caught my arm before it reached his face and swung me to the brick wall. I fell to the ground and looked up to find him standing over me. He kicked me in the gut, and I couldn’t even breathe. I could taste the purple blood on my lips, and knew what was going to happen if I didn’t take action. When he started to kick me again, I grabbed his leg and brought him to the floor by my side.

I quickly scrambled up and punched him in the face. He tried to stop my next blow, but he was starting to get weak. I lifted my arm to deliver the last and final blow, when he dug his nails in my arm. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The pain was excruciating. His skin penetrating mine was like a nail driven in with a hammer in wood. It wasn’t just that, but burning sensation it seemed to be giving me. I looked at my arm in astonishment and found that I was bleeding still; the purple blood gushing out like a river. It wasn’t healing either.  I grabbed the boy’s hair and pulled. I yanked my arm away from his poisonous skin and punched him one last time.  I got up and snarled at him and the girl; she was in on it. I couldn’t believe I fell for the bait. I turned around and fled.

 



© 2009 Cคɾเภค{♥}


Author's Note

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Ignore grammatical errors and spelling. Thanks!!!! ☺

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

umm i havent really followed your story sorry but i shalt read it all some time.... soon..............................................................................

Posted 15 Years Ago


this was pretty good. i would suggest ellaborating on the fact the only the blood of a tracker is poisoinous, it confused me for a bit . . . good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2009


Author

Cคɾเภค{♥}
Cคɾเภค{♥}

The Heart, CA



About
I'm a dreamer. A fighter. A surviver. && most importantly a lover. I'm a nice person, so get to know me:) Hate+Fire=Destruction Love+Fire=Passion♥ Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is lov.. more..

Writing
For You For You

A Poem by Cคɾเ$..