Ruby's Gonna Die!

Ruby's Gonna Die!

A Chapter by Carolyn

My alarm woke me this morning even though I was sure that I had turned it off unless I forgot all well it was pretty late at night, you see I was trying to figure out really good pranks for my half-wit twin, Ruby. Ruby is apparently exactly like me but I am nothing like her our names mean totally different things like Sapphire, that’s me means beautiful and Ruby means red gem stone I mean who would ever want to be  a gemstone.  Anyway Ruby had promised me that I was in for it this year because last Christmas I got this massive box as big as a fridge and then put a slightly smaller box in it and so forth and so on. Until I got the tiniest box I could find painted a rock red and put it in. Boy that was hilarious and best of all that was from ‘Santa!’  I couldn’t stop laughing. Anyway back to the subject I needed something spectacular this time something that people went ‘Wow!’ at and most of all something that wouldn’t get me in a hell of a lot of trouble by my parents.  I got out of bed and noticed the alarm had still been blaring I hit the snooze button to shut it up. There finally peace and quiet I looked down to the red digital numbers 8:55! School starts at nine! I opened my cupboard that revealed a war zone, I frantically searched  through my jeans and hoodies until I found a crushed white blouse and a red and black pleated skirt I held them up, I screwed my face up no way is mum going to let me where my uniform like that I smelt it yeah it’ll work. I chucked it on and grabbed my tie on the way out I ran downstairs switching all the lights on which was unusual unless they already left. I grabbed my skateboard at the top of the stairs and slid down the rail grabbed a piece of bread and my lunch huh? I turned around where’s my lunch? Maybe Ruby took it or something all well I had some spare cash. I grabbed my helmet and made for the door that is until I heard my fathers voice “Sapphire Jane Jacobs!” I turned around he was still in his pyjamas that was weird considering he left for work at 6:00am maybe he had a day off or something. “Not now dad I’m majorly late for school.” I told him about to step on my skateboard. “What is your school doing starting at 3 in the morning for!?” I turned to him “Three in the morning?” I repeated, “No, but my alarm said it’s 8:55.” I told dad then I saw her peeking through her door. “Ruby!” I screamed, my fist pounded on her door glitter fell off her sign saying ‘Ruby’s Room’  My dad looked at me disapprovingly “Don’t wake ya sister up too just get back into bed!” He screamed. I stormed off into my bedroom slamming the door I plonked myself into my bed not bothering to get changed out of my uniform and thought to myself. I don’t care if Aprils fools has to go on for a year I am so getting her back.



© 2009 Carolyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
Added on June 20, 2009
Last Updated on June 20, 2009


Author

Carolyn
Carolyn

Gracemere, Australia



About
So I'm now turning 16 in 7 days! I love to write, its how I express how I am truly feeling, however I do get huge writers block. I also have a bad habit of never finishing what I write as you can see.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Carolyn


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Carolyn


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Carolyn