Payback

Payback

A Chapter by Carolyn

I heard the shower go off and I couldn’t help but smile of course I had done something but not like putting dye in shampoo that is so cliché. I did something bigger, much, much bigger. You see every morning Ruby washes her uniform and because she’s so organized she puts all three in. So I took advantage of it I mean why not I put my three most favorite colours in the whole world, black, black and more black. But of course my sister hates black she’s more into pink blech. Lucky for me it was on sale but that’s not all you see my sister loves the smell of lavender and hates the smell of tuna me on the other hand love it. So why not help her get to know me better. My sisters scream bought a smile on my face but hearing it wasn’t enough I had to see what her face looked like. I calmly walked into the laundry where Ruby was having one of her ‘panic attacks.’ “What’s the problem sis?” I said whilst chewing gum. Ruby looked up at me while holding her now black uniform, “You!” She accused. I looked at her surprised “As if I’d want to touch your ever-so-clean uniform!” Of course I was lying but what could one harmless fib do. “Mum!” Ruby stormed off, after she left the room “That’s what you get when you mess with me.” I mumbled to myself.  As I slid down the railing like I had down early that morning I was greeted by a cheerful face “Hi Mum,” I chirped. “What’s for breakfast?” I asked like I always do but instead of getting “oh just the usual.” I got “Sapphire Jane Jacobs how could you do that to your sisters uniform! Do you know how much they cost?!” I looked at her dumbfounded “uh what did I do?” I asked smoothly. “You turned my uniform black and make it smell like tuna.” Ruby butted in looking at me annoyed. “uh how do you know if it was me I was up all night being yelled at dad cause some one resetted my alarm.” I stared at Ruby. She avoided my stare by saying to Mum “If you didn’t do it then who did?” And right on cue Jamie came into the kitchen still playing his game boy. “Him.” I said. “Him!?” Mum and Ruby both burst out laughing, Jamie’s eyes both lifted off the screen of his game boy for a second “What I do?” He asked, “Oh nothing just turn Ruby’s uniform black and smell like tuna that’s all.” I said. Jamie looked appalled “I hate tuna!” Jamie objected. “I rest my case.” Was all Ruby said and Mum looked at me disapprovingly the same way Dad had done last night. “Grounded for at least 2 weeks, now we better get a wriggle on or we’ll be late.” Was the support I got from Mum. “No thanks I ride my skateboard.” Was all I had to say.



© 2009 Carolyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

245 Views
Added on June 20, 2009


Author

Carolyn
Carolyn

Gracemere, Australia



About
So I'm now turning 16 in 7 days! I love to write, its how I express how I am truly feeling, however I do get huge writers block. I also have a bad habit of never finishing what I write as you can see.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Carolyn


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Carolyn


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Carolyn