Part 5

Part 5

A Chapter by Carrie Manor
"

Excerpt: "Perfect in every detail manner and form. Everything was shaped so articulately, just so. I knew then that no doctor, none of either side would condemn an infallible work such as this."

"

Part V.

Bolts of electricity were cutting, jetting from every direction. I gripped the side of the table were McLauren laid. Behind us, lights of various machines were flashing their lights on and off. Spinners, generators, and wheels whirled with an over whelming speed and rhythm. I barely had the tolerance to stand up. The doctor moved with a graceful easiness, as if nothing but normality fluttered around him. 

“Franz!” My eyes moved towards the doctor, the exhaust of the machines created a tornado out of the operating room.

Carefully, I moved myself to the doctor. My eyes immediately drew to a second operating table, where laid the precious robot, illumined by the light of a blue florescent bulb. 

“ I attached the skin yesterday!” The doctor yelled beyond the clamor of machines. 

Incredible. I looked to the being, perfect. Perfect in every detail manner and form. Everything was shaped so articulately, just so. I knew then that no doctor, none of either side would condemn an infallible work such as this. 

Without hesitation, the doctor planted the microchip in the base of the faux-skull. My eyes slowly wandered to McLauren, the original one. It was apparent, the doctor had already knocked him out. In his peaceful state, he scarcely uttered a breath. My eyes were drawn to his head, where two long cables extended. 

The doctor held the other ends of the cables in his hands. He drew, and connected them to the robot.

“ Franz!” He called out to me, “ The switch!”

With an injection of energy I bounded to the switch and lowered it.

Bright sparks began to jet from everywhere, we covered our eyes. Curiosity, compelled me to look. My stomach lurched. McLauren’s body was flailing.

Half covering his eyes, the doctor moved closer to his patient. With all the strength contained in him, he tried to hold down the body. If the brain contracted any damage, the project was dead.

“ Franz!” I turned the switch off. My memory is vague, for I can scarcely recall wheeling McLauren with his new body from the room. 



© 2013 Carrie Manor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on April 24, 2013
Last Updated on April 24, 2013


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing