Part 7

Part 7

A Chapter by Carrie Manor
"

Excerpt: " He was gone! His restraints broke, the window pulled all the way open."

"

Part VII.

For several weeks we were forced to keep McLauren cooped up in the confines of his room. We found he was growing tireless and restless. He would never cease in asking us about his wife, and about the world outside. Being that he is a commoner and not a rustic, he never had seen before the verdant life of nature. It was calling to him like a wild animal. McLauren was beginning to become almost delirious. I pleaded Fraunbach that we might allow him some exercise, yet the doctor reassured in the long run it would be to his benefit.

One morning, Fraunbach followed me into the patients room. As normal, McLauren was wide awake, his head turning every which way.

“ We have some good news for you McLauren.” A smile stretched across the doctor’s face, “ Your wife is in town, she is coming to see you tonight.”

McLauren’s mouth opened wide, “ M-my wife? S-susan? Oh, doctor, your bringing her here? I cannot wait.”

He failed to sit himself upright.

“ Yes, I supposed once wouldn’t hurt.”

I returned to the patients room, a few hours later. He was gone! His restraints broke, the window pulled all the way open.



© 2013 Carrie Manor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing