Part 9 End

Part 9 End

A Chapter by Carrie Manor
"

Excerpt: A rancid smell was filling the air, half the face of McLauren was gone, and the faux scar tissue was quickly hardening over his mechanical face. He looked at me, with eyes I shall never.."

"

Part IX.

It did not take me long to uncover McLauren, wet, shivering, cold laying leaning against the trunk of a tree. Seeing, what I presumed was his outline I brought the lantern close to my face. Yet as quickly as I did that, I pulled it back. A rancid smell was filling the air, half the face of McLauren was gone, and the faux scar tissue was quickly hardening over his mechanical face. He looked at me, with eyes I shall never forget, tired, pleading, half mad. 

He reached his arm to me, and I pulled back, my face frozen in horror and fear. I heard the monster begin to cry and whimper while the heavens unleashed all their fury from above.

He begged that I listen to his story, which I did only to handle my curiosity.

John told me that it was all by accident. He didn’t know that he possessed such power, he never had met to hurt anyone, except Fraunbach. Yet, I could tell the man was regaining his senses, but it was to late. He related to me that still unknowing of the strength in his possession he had run to the woods, and seized the nearest tree limb, thick and a good width, slashed it across his jaw line.

At once a great, piercing shatter had rose into the air, as almost half of the entire face of the robot had cracked and shattered into pieces onto the earth. John was seized with pain, in agony the limb escaped his arm, he felt his face, with quicker haste  he withdrew his hand, covered in a thick sticky plasma, a rancid smell captured to the wind.  It was so vile John prayed he could barf, and expel his insides.

The man began to cry, and begged I should take him back. Yet, I knew there would never be a chance in all space in time that he would be able to carry out a normal, and healthy life. He asked for my forgiveness, which I granted. and my embrace.

I Holding my breath,  proceeded to hug the monster. Slowly, I reached behind him, and felt for the chip. Once firmly in my grasp I pulled it out.

A large burst of thunder and lightning sent a tree falling to its death, and at the same instant the man, no robot fell over in my arms, dead.



End



© 2013 Carrie Manor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 1, 2013


Author

Carrie Manor
Carrie Manor

About
Bonjour! My name is Carrie Manor. Believe it or not but I’m eighteen years old. I’m not to particular fond of computers or the internet, but I enjoy this opportunity to share my writing a.. more..

Writing