Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Caspar Askew

The country was peaceful. They passed a few motorways and main roads, but all remained quiet as a dreamless sleep. Not that noise was absent, for birds still chirped and crickets still whirred, but everything felt very distanced from James. He was not nervous. He was not alert. He was not worrying. He was at peace. One of the greatest pleasures a human can feel is to have nothing on your mind and truly live in the now, and that was James. All his life he had worried about his sexuality, liking Michael, and then having to come out, but now, for some reason, all that had disappeared, and he felt truly happy. He returned to reality, with the knowledge that this dream was his life.

They sat down by a brook, it was only a foot or so deep, and it meandered through some mossy rocks, and tree roots. The water was slightly murky and covered in a layer of duckweed, it ran very slowly and at points was almost pond-like. A few birds sat beside the bed, and occasionally there was the mild croak of a frog. The sun was radiant, but in the shade, it was cool, and the trickle of the river created a quiet drone and set up a serene atmosphere.

There hands interlocked as they viewed the same picture. Then they turned face each other. There eyes met. Then they moved closer together. Then their lips moved closer together. Then they met in a burning kiss. Michel placed his hands on James’ face and stroked it. Then James threw his arms around Michael, and they began rolling around all over the grass. Kissing and hugging and laughing and smiling they shared that moment.

Michael rose, and James watched. He ran and jumped over the river, with both feet easily planted on the other side. “You’re go now.” He reached his arm out to James. “The map says this way.”

James shook his head. “I think I’ll find a bridge.”

“Come on James.” Said Michael. “It’s fun.”

“I don’t know.” Replied James. Trying to find a better excuse than he was afraid to get wet. “It … It might hurt my ribs.” In truth his ribs had stopped swelling and they didn’t hurt at all now, and a jump wouldn’t change that.

“Trust me James.” Michael reached out both arms. “It’s only a meter and a half. I’ll make sure you don’t fall in.”

“I don’t want to … you know.” James pleaded.

“James.” Exclaimed Michael. “I have seen you long jump over twice this distance. Have some faith in yourself.”

“Ok. I’ll try.” Responded James. He took a few steps back, ran up, and landed safely in the arms of Michael.

“Good job.” Congratulated Michael. “It wasn’t so hard was it.”

“No.” Replied James. “The only danger was in my head.” And they continued walking.

By the time the sun was heading off west, the boys were nearing Tamworth. This meant that the journey through the countryside was almost done, so they treasured every repetitive step. James realised that the pleasure was not only in the landscape, but his privilege to be able to spend this trip with Michael. But he knew they would spend a future together, so James didn’t fear the loss, because what made the journey one of a lifetime was a constant in his life now.

Michael clambered a tree and proceeded to dangle his legs, as he sat down on a branch. For a laugh, the grounded James stole Michael’s shoe and ran off. Michael swung down and chased James, catching James pretty quickly even on one leg. James was fast enough to not get caught so easily, but he obviously wanted to be, and when he was Michael grabbed him, softly, so as not to injure him. He then proceeded to be picked up by Michael, and was left cradled in his arms, he dropped the shoe. Both boys began laughing.

Laughing through the streets and into the town. A nice town. The streets were bright and had a lively and exciting feel to them. Everyone was out in the early summer sun and enjoying walking, unlike the standard gloomy atmosphere of a dreary large town. Everything felt fairly modernist, with uniform red brick shops on the high street, but in some secluded corners there were signs of remaining history. The air certainly had a refreshing buzz to it, that echoed throughout the streets, and painted rare smiles on the faces of those citizens.

They entered the park, where the uniform flowers adorned the beds in yellows, reds and purple. Children played on the grass, dancing around upon the grass. Couples basked in the beautiful sunlight on picnic blankets, holding hands and laughing. Atop a hill there stood a small castle, surrounded with a matching red brick wall, looking Tudor. And the boys walked along the path looking for a peaceful spot.



© 2023 Caspar Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on July 19, 2023
Last Updated on July 19, 2023
Tags: teen, romance, LGBT


Author

Caspar Askew
Caspar Askew

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm Caspar. I'm pretty young and I write to create fantasies of myself. I try to make all my main characters have a part of me in them. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Caspar Askew


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Caspar Askew