Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Caspar Askew

They found shade under a young tree, and they sat down, their hands touching one another. James lay down and Michael followed as they moved closer to each other. They looked into each other’s eyes.

“Hey James.” Began Michael. “Wanna hear a joke?”

“If I must.” Replied James, awaiting one of Michaels signature awful jokes.

“Apparently someone in London gets stabbed every 52 seconds.” Said Michael.

“Really. That’s awful.” Exclaimed a confused James. “That’s the joke?”

“I know it’s awful. I feel sorry for the poor guy.” Delivered Michael. James shook his head, but the joke was surprisingly ok, and he even laughed a little. Michael was laughing hysterically, and James sighed in despair of his boyfriend’s sense of humour.

Laying down, they talked about school, and teachers and their best stories they had from those times. After sharing stories, James asked. “Do you miss it, Michael. All the sports, being a ‘normal’ boy.”

“If you asked me that question five days ago, I would have said yes.” Responded Michael. “But no. I prefer it. All that is overrated. To be with you all day is better than anything. I think I hated it there deep down as well, having to hide myself. You’re right, its nicer to be open. Do you miss any of it?”

“The only thing I miss are my bed and wardrobe.” James laughed, but he meant it.

They decided to go for dinner at a pizza place. The pizza was good. They shared a large spicy sausage mince pizza, with peppers and a drizzling of honey, that James chose, because Michael had never had any pizza that wasn’t ordered online and had any other toppings than cheese and tomato sauce. He wasn’t exactly a foodie.

They looked at each other as they ate and kept looking at each other and laughing and talking. The sun was beginning to get dimmer, and the smell of a humid summer evening filled the air. Their feet brushed against each other, it felt like they were on a romantic date.

The table they ate at, was wooden and sat on a small patch of grass behind the restaurant. There was a screen there, and after they paid, they stayed seating and chatting for a bit when the news came on. The news reporter was first talking about a murder, and then changed her topic to the disappearance of two boys from derby. And sure enough, it showed pictures of the two boys, and on the other side an interview, with Michael’s mum.

“I-I don’t understand.” She cried. “He was always a kind boy. He was popular. He stayed very safe and stayed away from dangerous areas. He was there in the evening, and by morning he had just gone. And then out of nowhere, I mean we had had a small argument that day, he had just come out, and we were fine with that, just a bit surprised, but he just left a note that said ‘Goodbye Mum and Dad. Sorry I wasn’t the perfect straight son you wanted.’ And he left his phone, and watch, and there’s been no sign of him for days.”

The boys stood up, and as they left. The waiter, who had been watching the TV screen, realised who they were and began to follow them into the street. Then he called for them and began to hobble after them, as quickly as is legs would carry him. He was a large, old man so he didn’t run very fast. But the boys ran away, and he still called and followed them. James was coughing because of his ribs, so Michael held his hand, and half dragged him down the road. They lost him by running into a crowd and then entering a small side road that led them into the park. They sat down and James got his breath back. They looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Still chuckling, they fell back onto the grass, and James rolled over and landed on Michael, putting a little pressure and his injured ribs, and accidentally making himself wince. Regardless, he placed his head on Michael’s shoulders, his hands onto Michael’s beating heart, and wrapped his leg over Michael. Michael felt warm and comforting, like a mug of hot chocolate on a snowy day, and his heart was beating firmly. Michael buried is face in James’s hair, and they both completely relaxed.

They pulled apart slightly, so James was lying on his back, and Michael was above him. His face was blocking the sun for James, and it made it look as if Michael had a glowing halo upon his head. He laughed.

“What?” Asked Michael. He glanced around. “Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing.” He replied. “It’s just the sun behind you. It makes you look like you have a halo.”

“Like an angel.” Michael understood and kept looking at James’s face. “You’re looking even more beautiful than any angel today.”

“Aww. That’s so sweet.” Responded James. Michael meant what he loved how a few strands of hair had fallen onto James’s face, and his skin was radiant even though he hadn’t cleaned it properly, his supple cheeks and gleaming eyes, so full of excitement and activity.

They moved to set up their tent in a small woodland about a fifteen-minute walk from the town. There were no paths, and nobody seemed to come near. The sun had just set and there were still the sounds of songbirds echoing through the trees in an almighty chorus. Inside the tent it was nice and warm, and James turned his sleeping bag into a blanket for them to share. They cuddled up next to each other and kissed.

Michael fell asleep first, and James watched over him. He looked so vulnerable as he slept, and he breathed so softly, not like Michael normally, who always appeared strong and brave. He just looked like a baby and James put his arms around him. Then fell into a soft sleep.



© 2023 Caspar Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on July 19, 2023
Last Updated on July 19, 2023
Tags: teen, romance, LGBT


Author

Caspar Askew
Caspar Askew

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm Caspar. I'm pretty young and I write to create fantasies of myself. I try to make all my main characters have a part of me in them. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Caspar Askew


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Caspar Askew