Author's Note

Author's Note

A Chapter by Caspar Askew

This book is a work of fiction. But it’s more than that, this is my documentation of a gay teen’s life. I believe that this story can be adapted, the character names, faces, personalities, genders and the story itself, but at the core, I believe LGBT+ teens mostly have similar ideas in their head. This story is not a romance but my idea that you are not alone in how you feel, so do all you can to persevere regardless.. James in many way is based off my character, and James is largely based off people I know but won’t mention here.

I kind of made up the story as I went along, because you don’t plan your dream as you go, and that’s why some parts were clear and some a bit more hazy. I went back-and-forth on the ending, considering if I should add that final short chapter entirely. Originally James was going to kill himself, but I realised the message of this story is that ‘you are not alone, so don’t give up,’ and James continuing to live shows that better. Only today I decided to write that final chapter in first person.

I was largely inspired to write this book by the song Twin Fantasy (Those Boys) by Car Seat Headrest, from my favourite album ever Twin Fantasy. Written by a gay teen, the song in essence is his fantasy. I have referenced the lyrics occasionally and the title itself it from the line ‘Those two brothers. Those two lovers. And their smooth cocked adventures.’

It's been a tough process; I wrote everything late every night. In fact, right as I write this sentence, it has gone midnight. I have worked hard on this.



© 2023 Caspar Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on August 13, 2023
Last Updated on August 13, 2023
Tags: teen, romance, LGBT


Author

Caspar Askew
Caspar Askew

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm Caspar. I'm pretty young and I write to create fantasies of myself. I try to make all my main characters have a part of me in them. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Caspar Askew


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Caspar Askew