Chapter Eight: Photoshoot

Chapter Eight: Photoshoot

A Chapter by Cass Morgan
"

Emily has her first photoshoot and meets someone special... :)

"

‘’You were amazing, beautiful, incredible, little punk!’’ Robert grinned, as he pulled me up from the chair. He took a step back and surveyed me critically.


‘’Yes, yes. I knew this would suit you exceptionally,’’ he nodded, obviously pleased with himself.


I rolled my eyes. ‘’I tried walking like a model, I really tried- but it just must have made me look silly- because I saw mother frown.’’


‘’It wasn’t too bad,’’ Robert assured me. ‘’But you looked more natural when you walked normally.’’


I nodded. ‘’Thought so.’’


‘’Now- go freshen up- and then Marie will bring you to the photoshoot room.’’


So said, so done. Marie ‘freshened me up’, basically meaning she redid my make-up and hair, and then she brought me to a room next to the room with the catwalk.


I let out a gasp as I entered the room. Cameras were everywhere, lights were shining brilliantly and people were running around. In the middle of the room was a big black sheet, with red and white geometrical symbols on it. There were a few black, red and white shapes hanging in front of it, from the ceiling. It looked like something out of a dream, a different world. I can’t believe this was all done… to take pictures of me! Plain old Emily.


‘’Ah there you are, strawberry. Now, let me introduce me to your partner in the photoshoot today.’’


‘’Partner?’’ I asked, confused.


‘’Yes, partner,’’ Robert replied. Then he looked at someone behind me. ‘’Oh! Good afternoon, Tanner.’’


I swung around, and my jaw almost dropped. Right in front of me stood the hottest male I had ever seen. He had dark brown hair, that was swung casually in a sort of quiff style, and his face was perfect. Defined, sharp jawline, straight nose, plump lips and the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. I would say he could be a model, but hey, he was one already. Ugh, that was the worst joke I'd ever made.


‘’Um-‘’ I managed to say. I could have hit myself. The guy smirked and held out his hand. ‘’Tanner James. You must be Emily, my partner for the photoshoot,’’ he introduced himself. I swooned, even his voice was perfect. I took his hand and shook it, withdrawing my hand as soon as possible. Was it possible for me to make myself even more of a fool.


‘’Yeah, I’m Emily,’’ was all I could say. He smiled, genuinely. ‘’Hey, don’t be nervous, they’re only a few photos. It’ll be over soon.’’


But I don’t want it to be over soon. I blushed at the thought and quickly hid it by pretending to fix my hair.


‘’Yeah, um, it’s just… I’m, kind of new to this so-‘’


‘’I understand,’’ he said, before shooting me a smile. He opened his mouth to say more, but Robert called us over. He introduced us to the photographer, who was called Nancy. She was very friendly, and managed to calm my nerves a little.


''Now, all you have to do is stand there and look pretty, or in your case, Tanner, handsome. That's all,'' she laughed merrily, adjusting stuff on her camera and the lights.


Tanner and I walked over to the shapes and things in front of the background sheet. Nancy looked at us thoughtfully, before speaking.


''Alright. Tanner, I want you to sit down on that big red square... fix your red tie, please. Yes, like that, but slouch a little and rest your elbow on your knee. Make your hand into a fist and lean your head on it. Turn your head a little to the right, no, no, my right. That's right. Haha, see what I did there?''


I looked on, amazed. Nancy and Tanner seemed to work together perfectly. It was all so carefree and they seemed to have a lot of fun, laughing and joking. I always had thought photoshoots were serious, but this wasn't serious. It was fun. I was brought out of my thoughts by Nancy calling my name.


''Emily! Your turn. Don't move, Tan! Okay. Let me see,'' she bit her lip and looked at me thoughtfully. ''We want to see your dress fully, as your shoes. Oh! I know. Sit down on Tanner's right knee. The one that he isn't leaning on.''


I stared at her like she had grown three heads. I had to sit on his knee?


''Wait, what?'' I spluttered. Both Nancy and Tanner laughed.


''Come on, Emily. I'm not that scary,'' Tanner chuckled. Nancy beamed at me, a smile tugging at her lips.


''Don't worry, I'll be quick.''


Hesitantly, I walked over and gingerly sat down on Tanner's knee. I felt a blush coming to my cheeks, and I fought to hide it. Nancy nodded, pleased and cocked her head to the side, narrowing her eyes.


''Hmm... Tanner, put your arm around her waist. Emily, sling your arm casually around Tanner's shoulders, and place your other hand on your knee.  Cross your legs, that's right. Okay, now. Both don't look at the camera, look a bit to the side.''


She pointed to a large red dot on the wall behind her. ''Look there.''


I nodded, feeling a little uncomfortable. I hoped it would be over soon. I didn't want to keep sitting on his lap. This was just way awkward. But I couldn't deny I wasn't enjoying it. Oh, shut up, stupid mind.


''Perfect!'' Nancy cheered. ''Emily, you're a natural. That dreamy, serious look was exactly what I had wanted. Tanner, you were good as well. Perfect. You make a good team. Next round.''


We were made to climb onto one of the larger squares. I had to stand in front of Tanner, with my arm around his neck, and one hand placed on his cheek. My right leg was bent at the knee, backwards, at a perfect 90 º angle. He had one arm slung around my waist, the other hanging casually by his side.


''Good!'' Nancy said, once we were in position. ''Now look at each other. Lovingly.''


I mentally groaned. Did she enjoy torturing me, or what? I ventured a shy glance at Tanner, and caught him already looking at me, an amused look in his eyes, a smile tugging at his lips.


''Don't worry,'' he laughed. ''She always does it to starters. She wants to see how far they can go. My guess is this is the last intense shot.''


I nodded and took a deep breath, before looking straight into his eyes. Wow. His eyes were a stormy grey, with specks of shimmering brown. He was looking straight into mine. I couldn't help but smile a little. He was so beautiful. Suddenly, everything around me seemed to disappear. All I could see were Tanner's beautiful eyes staring straight into my soul. All I could feel was his muscular arm around my waist.


''Wow,'' Nancy commented, taking the last shot, snapping me out of my dreamy state. ''You two really share a connection. The pictures are perfect! Emily, I mean what I say. You're a natural!''


We took many more pictures, but thankfully (or should I say unfortunately) none of them were as intense as the second, or the first. We basically fooled around, Nancy snapping random shots. After the final shot, Nancy told us goodbye. She asked for my email, and she told me she would send the good pictures to me. I said goodbye to Tanner, and left to get dressed into my own clothes, overwhelmed by the entire day. It had been amazing.



© 2016 Cass Morgan


Author's Note

Cass Morgan
Hope you enjoyed and I would really appreciate if you have the time!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 9, 2016


Author

Cass Morgan
Cass Morgan

In a hat..., with a cat., Netherlands



About
Hi! My name is Cassandra Morgan, but everybody just calls me Cass. I come from the Netherlands, but since both my parents are English, I speak, write and read English fluently. I love reading, .. more..

Writing