The Island- chapter nine

The Island- chapter nine

A Chapter by Coyote Poetry
"

A new chapter.

"
                             The Island- Chapter nine
I looked at Jerzy and we watched the three women walked toward us.  I told him. You are right Jerzy, there are miracles left, if we open our eyes to see. Lana, Nicole and Isabella laughed at us. Lana told us as she embraced me and she asked. Were you falling in love, Johnnie? I told them, more than love. They wore their Summer knee-high dresses and allowed me to see their bare shoulders. I begin to believe this to be a sweet dream or heaven.  Isabella whispered in his ear. Sometimes dreams are real life, places where we gather our strength and find people to save us, maybe we can save someone in hopeful dreams. We shared embrace and Nicole whispered into Jerzy's ear. I love you my dearest friend. We walked toward the center of the park. We heard voices and I saw three women and one man. The man was yelling, please wait for us.

After many words and hugs Lana introduced me to Delia, Celeste and Magdalena. The young man with wild hair and big smile, took my right hand and he told me. I am Nick, the Island song writer, lousy poet and leftover singer. I am glad to finally meet you.  Delia told me. A poet  had arrived. He will be the Island poet one day. Delia took my hand and she walked in the front of me. He loved her black dress, strong body, her flowing long black hair and the darkness in her eyes. She told me. Nick talk a lot and sometimes, too much knowledge can be dangerous. Nick is wonderful and rarely liked the strangers. If you can. Maybe we can talk after the concert? Me and my two sisters Celeste and Magdalena had requested the company of Jerzy, Lana, Nicole and Isabella near the open beach.  We will have a small fire and we will watch the moon fall into the west. Jerzy will bring the Spring wine and Captain Jack homemade gin will keep us warm. Lana kissed Delia lips and she looked at me. Be careful, Delia was a Druid priest once. Delia and her sisters. Rumor has it. They can begin life, can spin the thread of life and can end life. I fell in love with Celeste and Magdalena. Both were beauties for the ages. They wore colorful Summer dresses and their beautiful smiles made you smile. Delia eyes watched my eyes and she told me. Later, we can talk and now we must hurry. The music will begin very soon and we don't want to miss Ayla opening. Her voice make the angels, the gods and the demons know peace.

I took a large bag away from Jerzy.  He smiled and he told me. Thank you Johnnie, we need many bottles of ambrosia for us to enjoy. Need good wine when the moon is rising and the music is sweet. We arrived and Ayla Nereo was almost done setting-up the stage. Lana told me. Only Ayla is allowed at the Island who have free-will. She was a student of Delia. I was told. She taught her to shape-shift. Ayla is a blessing and she gathered the strength of the ancient gods. We do love her. Ayal looked-up and she told Nick Drake, you know my payment. I want my songs. My favorite song  "Cello and Pink moon."

Nick went to the stage and the Captain arrived. He gave me a bottle and he told me. Some rosemary tea to keep your mind working. I don't drink the bad spirit, I do make the bathtub gin for my kindred friends. Nick begin to sing his songs. His voice soft, wonderful and the words, so good. Nicole held his hand, interlacing her fingers with his fingers, ensuring he knew, I wasn't alone. He sang the two songs and Ayla hugged him and she whispered in his ear. I love you Nick and thank you my dearest friend. Nick rejoined us and I told him. You are amazing. He smiled and he told me. Maybe tomorrow we can gather at the rocks. I will tell you a story of how the song can break your heart and to know. Life is more than us. We need friends, we need companions, so we will know. We are not alone. We drank the wine and sat in silence as Ayla sang her beautiful song. I fell in love with Ayla, she was barefoot and she danced for the raising moon. Her positive energy overtook us. After her last song, she greeted the many people and she came to us. She hugged and kissed everyone. She came to me and she kissed my neck, my face and my lips. She was so beautiful and I felt her heartbeat when she embraced me. She whispered in my ear. Live, learn, live some more and go forward. No easy life dear poet. You must save yourself and you can save someone else. I watched her walk away and I told Lana. Thank you for this day.

Isabella told us. The moon is rising and we must be near Lake Gichigami before nine. The group walked slowly to the lake. I notice Delia wasn't with them. I liked her. She was shoe-less, a beautiful mystery and he saw the madness in her eyes. Nicole reached over and she kissed my neck and she whispered. Maybe if the clouds will stay away, so the goddesses of the Island can dance. The big lake can be temperamental and remember. the dance of light can be enjoyed by all. We arrived and I saw Delia near a large fire with many chairs on the side of the falling sun. She came to me and she told me. The chairs are in the west so we can see the moon raise from the east. She whispered in my ear. Tonight is the liar's moon. The half-moon allowed us to use trickery and magic with due payment. I asked her, how did you arrive so quickly. She smiled and she told me. The raven never tell her secrets. She left me and she greeted the other nine people. Nicole was to my right and Lana to my left. Nick had Magdalena to his right and Celeste to his left. Jerzy had Luna to his right and Delia to his right. Captain Jack was at the lake Superior burning his sage and praying to the stars. Jerzy smiled and he told us. No wine glasses, like the Gypsies of the old, one bottle of ambrosia each. We will drink and talk till we cannot. We opened the wine, everyone except the Captain. He had his bottle of rosemary tea. Luna stood-up and she toasted the moon, the stars and the opportunity to know a new friend. We tapped the bottles and we talks as the moon rose above us. It was a good night. Talk of the lake, Lana's paintings and the new days to come.

I felt a soft hand on his right shoulder and I turned and Delia was looking at my face. I look away and then I looked down at her pretty feet. She smiled and she asked. You like my legs and feet? I told her, prettiest days are a barefoot lady, the lake near and the blessing of kind eyes of a lovely woman. She laughed at his words. Morningstar was right, you are a master of words. You could make the unbeliever believe everything. The poets are dangerous. They will steal your heart and leave you with wishes and heartbreak. Nicole whispered to me. Johnnie, go with Delia. This is your last change to speak with her. She is the watcher, the raven the coyote and sometimes the needed stranger. Tomorrow Celeste and Magdalena had invited us for a early brunch. Delia loved the night. Delia took my hand and we went to the meditating rocks. She sat close to me, the Lake Gichigami was sending a soft cold breeze. I wrapped my arms around her. She told me thank you my new friend. I am glad we have time to talk. My name is now Delia and I had many names. I was Delos once, I was Artemis. Been accused of being Lachesis. I was a Druid once and Rome try to kill off the old religion. The Druids are still abound in the world and I do support them if I can. I was a Gypsy story teller and I told the future for coin for a hundred year. Many years ago, I found western America. I found a Nagual who accepted my sleeping heart. He taught me the peyote magic. Morningstar found me in the mouth of the Mexican mountain desert. My friend, my teacher left my world. The nagual  Cuauhtemoc taught me the herbal cure, to expand my spirit and to learn. Our body, just something, we use for a time. Morningstar found me crying and she brought Luna to me. Luna brought me here. I do leave the island to do what I must do. I asked her. Why are you being kind to me dear Delia? She took my hands and she kissed them. She told me, Johnnie, you have much to do. Each of us are here to accomplish something. You will change names, your face and your location often. I cannot tell you your journey. I see you are surrounded by love and you will learn the taste of blood, the taste of love and the taste of sadness. We decide our life, we decide our destination. Don't worry dear Johnnie. I will save you if you fall. All of us must be saved and a blessed life. We can save many. We sat in silence as the moon rose above us. She turned to me, kissed my neck, kissed my face cheeks and my lips. Her dark eyes told me. I would be okay.

                             Dancing Coyote


© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your story has great structure, and is loaded with wonderful details. I think you need to read it out loud and reword some areas so it is more fluid. Whenever I write a story I try to tell(to move the story faster) parts of it and show (to pull in the reader) the rest.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Cherrie. I do need to read out-loud. I am free flowing the story now. I re-edit when .. read more
Cherrie Palmer

3 Years Ago

One thing I like to do when the ending is muddy. Is read aloud so often that lets the finally play o.. read more



Reviews

Ever read The Island by Richard Laymon? Now there's an island story for you.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Many kind of islands. This island is special. Leftover people learning to move on and to accept life.. read more
Your story has great structure, and is loaded with wonderful details. I think you need to read it out loud and reword some areas so it is more fluid. Whenever I write a story I try to tell(to move the story faster) parts of it and show (to pull in the reader) the rest.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

Thank you dear Cherrie. I do need to read out-loud. I am free flowing the story now. I re-edit when .. read more
Cherrie Palmer

3 Years Ago

One thing I like to do when the ending is muddy. Is read aloud so often that lets the finally play o.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2020
Last Updated on February 2, 2021


Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing