Am I Really Kidnapped? (1)

Am I Really Kidnapped? (1)

A Chapter by Celeste Park

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Am I Really Kidnapped? (1).



ALICE WATSON’s POV

12 pm.

        I was in the kitchen having my breakfast. Technically it was lunch but I just woke up so I called it breakfast. It was a Saturday so it was fine to sleep in. When I finished my breakfast I cleaned up. Then I had nothing to do. No one was home. My parents were both at work. My sisters were probably at some guy’s house where they got banged. Therefore I had the whole 2 story mansion to myself.

        Yes, I was from a rich family. So what? It only brought me troubles. I don’t make friends because all they saw was money. And in my whole life I’ve gotten kidnapped at least 12 times. It’s strange that my other sisters have never been kidnapped. My younger sister was almost kidnapped once but she ended up sleeping with the guy and he let her go afterward. I was still shocked about it. It made me wonder when she had lost her virginity. Disturbing… Maybe I don’t want to know.

                     

        The phone rang. I picked up finding that it was my mom.

        “What’s up, mom?”

        “Oh. Good, Alice you’re awake. Don’t forget the party tonight.”

        “How can I forget?” I said sarcastically.

        “I know you don’t like getting dressed up but please bear with it. I’ve already picked out a few dresses for you to choose from. They’re lying on my bed. I’ll have the limo pick you up at 6:30. Do you know if your sisters are coming?”

       “They aren’t home right now so I can’t ask them. But I don’t think they will be going.”

        “Yeah. That’s what I thought… Well, I’ll see you later then, hon.”

        “Okay. Bye.”

        “Bye, sweetie.”

        Since I had nothing better to do I went upstairs to my parent’s room. I looked at the dresses my mom had picked out and shook my head. I hate getting dressed up. In the end I chose a white spaghetti strap dress.  I picked it up and hung it in my room. Now I had nothing to do. I took a peak outside. The sun was shinning brightly ad there was not a cloud in sight. Summer was the best.

        I went outside standing at the edge of the forest that was behind the house. I searched through the trees. Nothing. I grabbed a random branch to use as a walking stick and started my journey. I usually explored the forest when I get the chance to. There was lots of amazing stuff you can find. One time I found a family of bunnies. There was another time when I saw a fox. Yup, the forest was great. It’s nice and calm and quiet. A great place to think as well. Sometimes I would bring a book with me and read under a tree with the sun shining on my face.

        I walked further into the forest than I usually did and heard water running. I followed the sound and it brought me to a small creek. That was when I heard a different sound. I turned around and scanned the place. It was definitely not an animal that I knew of. Suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder from behind. I elbowed the person in the stomach and made a run for it without looked back. Then he grabbed my ankle and I fell forward. I kicked and screamed. He didn’t let go.

        His grip tightened. “Y-you… It’s me,” he choked.

        I looked back at him, and then I relaxed. “You scared the crap out of me!” He was one of my bodyguards.

        “Sorry. Wow. That was one heck of an elbow.”

        I stood up and offered him my hand. “S-sorry… I thought...”

        “Yes, I know. My fault.” He took my hand and I helped him up.

        “Did you need me for something?”

        “Yes! How many times do we have to tell you to not wander off into the forest?”

         “Heh. About that… I’m sorry?”

         He smiled. “We saw it coming anyways. At least let us know when you come out here. It’s dangerous in many ways.”

         “I know. I’ll be more careful. By the way, how did you find me so fast?”

         “I-I used to do a lot of hunting and tracking.”

         “Oh. Well, I guess we’ll go back to the house.”

         “Yes, that would be a good idea.”

         I walked with the bodyguard back to the house. Thank god he was there with me or else it would have taken me a while to figure out my way back. When we reached the front door, the bodyguard looked at my clothes and laughed.

        “You know it was pretty funny when you thought I was a kidnapper.”

        “No, it wasn’t.” I pouted.

        “Well, anyway. Here.” He gave me a baby bunny.

        I hesitantly took it. “When? How? Why-”

        “I used to hunt remember? And you’ve been looking kind of down recently so I thought a pet would cheer you up.”

        “Thank you, umm… I don’t know your name, sorry.”

        “It’s Christian.”

        “Christian. Well, thank you.”

        He smiled. “So what are you going to name the bunny?”

        “Hmm…I don’t know yet. I’ll just call it ‘Bunny’ for now.”

        He chuckled. “That works.”

        Then another bodyguard came. It was Joe. “So you found her. Good job new guy. Alice, this is the new bodyguard. He just started about a week ago. I’m surprised your parents even hired him considering how young he is. It’s great that he’s been doing so well.”

        “Really? How old are you, Christian?”

        “I-I’m 24.” He was young. In fact, he was only five years older than me.

        “Oh. It must be weird hanging around with so many old guys,” I joked.

        Joe lightly punched my arm.

        I smiled.

       “Well, we should get back to work.”

       “Yes, that’s right. Sorry for holding you guys back.”

       “It was my pleasure,” Christian said. He even did a little bow before leaving. Afterward Joe and Christian were playfully pushing each other.

       I immediately went into the kitchen to find some food for the bunny. In the fridge I found just what I needed, some carrots. I took the bag of baby carrots out and poured it into a small bowl. I place the bowl down and put the bunny down beside it. He happy chomped down on them. Or maybe it was a girl. I wasn’t sure. I’ll ask Christian when I see him again.



© 2010 Celeste Park


Author's Note

Celeste Park
Ignore any grammar problems. Also I hoped you enjoyed reading it and feel free to comment.



Reviews

I think the back story starts too soon. When you give that kind of information up front it might make some readers move on.

The word gay and stupid are not inter-changeable. For a person who is 19 she seems kind of immature. I suggest changing the age to fit the character.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great Cahpter one! It catched my interest in continue reading it! I love the detail on Alice's escape and every details you have given! I agree, you are very talented

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great first chapter! It captured my attention and kept it. Also, i liked the desciption in it. You are a very talented writer and I wish I was as good as you!!

~Skulli

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 31, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2010
Tags: Money, Romance, Kidnap


Author

Celeste Park
Celeste Park

Canada



About
All stories are on hold until I get my life back together. I am starting to blog though. Please feel free to message me with advice/comments/anything really. more..

Writing