Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Reaper

The hospital room is filled. Two now stable people share room.

Jess looks over at the girl, “why are you here?”

The girl looks over, “I jumped from my window.”

“Wow, I’m sorry. Why did you do it?” Jess frowns.

“I wanted to end it all. But now it seems like I’m going to be stuck here, or committed. And maybe I won’t ever get to walk again.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s fine. What are you here for?” She changes the subject.

“I was stabbed after I was beaten.”

“Oh my god. Who did it?” She gasps.

Jess shyly replies, “I was beaten by my boyfriend, but stabbed by someone else.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah. But if the man didn’t come, my boyfriend may have beaten me to death. If he didn’t stab me that man would be a hero.”

“Do you know why that man was there and stabbed you?” She said, totally engulfed in the story.

“No clue but the weird thing was that when the man stabbed me, he gave me a message for someone.”

“Wow. What was the message?”

“The message was for my friend, saying he needs to be prepared for something.”

“Wow sounds intense.”

“I know. Oh by the way, what is your name?”

“Oh how rude am I. I’m Renee.”

 

 

Jenna talks to Alice at the party.

“So are you banging John yet?” Jenna laughs.

Alice hesitates, “No, we are just friends.”

“Well that sucks for him; I know he must be crazy about you.”

“I don’t know.” She looks over at him

“He gave you the lead in this movie. You haven’t starred in anything. He could have got a big star, and he chose you. He must be crazy for you or hoping you bang him.”

“He gave me the part because he thought I was right for the job,” Alice says this but part of her is doubting it.

“Well I would have banged him if he gave me the lead.” Jenna laughs and walks away, avoiding contact with Jackson.

Alice heads over to John.

She tips him on the back of the shoulder, “We need to talk.”

“Okay. What’s up?”

She snaps back a little, “Did you give me the role of Alice because I’m a good actress or something else?”

“Where is this coming from?” John raises his eyebrow.

“Doesn’t matter. Answer me.”

John frowns but speaks, “I gave it to you because you embody the character. That was it. If you think differently than whatever.”

John turns and walks away then heads outside.

Alice stands there and thinks to herself, why did I do that?

~…~

King gets in her car. She heads over to the hospital to ask Jess questions about the event.

She gets to the room and sees Jess in the room. There is another girl in there too but she was sleeping now.

She walks in and shows her badge to Jess.

“I’m Detective King. Can I ask you some questions?”

 “Sure. I think I’m up for it.”

“Okay, so did you see the man who attacked you?”

“No, he had a hood and some all-white mask on.”

“Alright. Why were you in the apartment?”

“I was staying at my friend’s” A thought connects in her mind, “Wait is my friend okay?”

“The man who was there?”

“No, the owner of the place.”

“We don’t know.” King takes this as a way to solve her problem, “But if you call him that you are here then we make sure he is fine.”

“Okay.”

King searches the evidence box for a phone. There it is. She hands it to Jess.

Jess dials the number.

 

I’m standing outside in dark street. Just thinking about what was going happen.

Kira comes out and hugs my arm.

“Oh hey, I didn’t see you in there.” I innocently say though I never was looking for her.

“You run out on me earlier, and I thought you were going to do it to me again.” Kira smiles.

“Well sister, I just needed air.” I look around, not trying to make eye contact.

“Oh.” Kira gets closer, “I know you really like that girl, and you should tell her.”

“I have before, but its whatever, she doesn’t like me back, so I guess I’ll move on.”

“Do you want to move on?” Kira stares into my blue and yellow eyes.

“Not the point.” I rub my eyes and take a step forward to change the subject, “Hmm I wondered where Jess is.”

“Why don’t you just call her?”

“I don’t have my phone on me, I think Alice has it.”

~…~

Kelly drives the car as the rain starts to fall on the city. The car is silent. Miranda is just concerned with her concerns for Renee.

Kelly thinks about how she got to this point.

She was just earlier released from a mental ward. She had been there for some time. A few attempts on her life and her family’s, landed her that long stay.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper