Chapter One: Waterbound

Chapter One: Waterbound

A Chapter by Reaper

Chapter One:


“How long have you known?” The man bites his lower lip.


“That you were like this?” The woman says as she approaches him from behind.


“Yeah.”


“Part of me always knew, but there was nothing I could do to know for sure.”


“How did you kind of know?”


“No clue.”


“Do you know why I’m why I’m like this?”


“No sorry.”


“Okay.”  He coughs, surprised by his own noise, “now what?”


A tear hits her eye, “I don’t know, I don’t want you to go. I need you.”


“I need you too. But I think it’s my time.”


“Please don’t leave. We have only just started to be together in whatever this is.”


“I wish it was that easy.”


~…~


I grip the glass bottle with my hand, its smooth. I love this beer. Its root beer though. . The smooth liquid travels down my mushy throat and piles in my empty of contents stomach. My rough hands slight move down the outline of my face. The stress of the whole life I lived is added up and reaching the limit.


I love you ghost of mine. You live in my fantasy. You are the only one there. You tell me about our children. You are proud of them. You love them. You love me. You talk about how hard it is to be a mother and a part time basketball coach. You sit there in our house and think about how we fell into love. You enjoy the memory when our bodies met. You hate my taste in food, college football and the way I laugh at your non funny jokes. You love and hate our small talk but still in the end, it makes you smile even though the tears never stop. You make your own kingdom where I will one day be there forever, but till then, just watch me burn the world I live in.


That fantasy courses through my mind every time I’m over her grave. I look at the rose inscribed on cold granite grave.


Her story ends at the bottom of a lake.  The traffic light is turned to red and the street light illuminates a car that sinks into the deep. The car is a black mustang stained with dirt from the weeks with no washing now cleaner but useless now that the car is nearing the bottom. I crawled from the side of the road with the shard glass from my window in my hands and chest. I escape the back seat but I couldn’t get to the trunk. The reality of what happened strikes as I looked down into the lake only seeing the taillights.


The outline of the trunk is seen. Her body crushed inside to fit the not so roomy area. I feel the keys in my jacket pocket.


I dive into the icy water and gripping the keys. I swim with all my power. I reach the car but it is still sinking. I jam the key into the hole and turn. The trunk swings up and I grab her. I pull her body up, running out of air myself.


I get her to the shore. I try and try to get her to breath but she remains lifeless. Things don’t change

 

But that was many years ago.

They are only haunting memory. And the feeling that I lost my Rose.



© 2012 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

great chapter especially the paragraph beginning ...i love you ghost of mine, and the other beginning...her story ends at the bottom of the lake.
i especially liked the line..the stress of the whole life i have lived is added up and reaching the limit.
thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very good opening chapter. A lot of mystery was open up. I wanted to know more. A strong ending to a excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was in a sad way very beautiful. Just very beautiful. It is almost like he is talking to a memory of her...she knew and he didn't realize his true nature...I think anyway. The second part was the beautiful part...I can't explain why I thought that though...just the descriptions you gave in the beginning of it were just so soft and like breathing...just a nice read. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the description. The beginning was a little confusing but other than that I liked it

Posted 12 Years Ago


great chapter especially the paragraph beginning ...i love you ghost of mine, and the other beginning...her story ends at the bottom of the lake.
i especially liked the line..the stress of the whole life i have lived is added up and reaching the limit.
thanks.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The paragraphs with all the "you"s I loved the best. It made me feel sorry for the main character. Nice opening chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's very intriguing, I enjoy reading/writing books that start with this general idea.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved how you started it with the dialogue..it seemed like an introductory scene in a movie...So far, I'm loving it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is good :)
I was a bit confused by the dialogue at the beginning, but I like it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


is this the one you told me about
??

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012


Author

Reaper
Reaper

In Wonderland with Alice, AR



About
I may not write as much but any void I need to fill is full with love of my wonderful wife. more..

Writing
notes notes

A Story by Reaper


Arcally Arcally

A Poem by Reaper


Resurrection Resurrection

A Poem by Reaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..