I need to write something creative ...

I need to write something creative ...

A Chapter by Dave "Doc" Rogers
"

Ponderings and lamenting the creative need

"

Okay. I have been thinking this for quite a number of days but I can't seem to get it done. I need to write something creative. I don't know, just anythign to get that creative thing still happening. It is a release or catharsis for me. It helps. But unlike jones'ing for a cigarette or some other addiction, this seems to be a dull ache in the brain that doesn't go away with chemical panacea. Bummer.

I can't seem to get the necessary quiet time and it also seems that while I am working at getting the mind quiet enough to write, there is a knock at my door or no knock at all, just a barge right in,... I supposedly have a room in my house that is 'mine.' I have yet to confirm that theory. As soon as I set something up for myself one of my beloved family comes in and disturbs. So, I then lose all track that I had gained. Bummer.

My work has been quite ... hmm ... demanding of my time, so yes the ideas are still floating around in my head but they have no outlet b/c I have to spend significant time analyzing problems that should not have been problems in the first place and then playing eggshell politics and counter-politics to get my ideas across and moving the whole in the sane direction. "Entitlement" is a disgusting word.

My son wants me to write him a story. He wants it to be sci-fi and cool life Star Wars. I'm up for the challenge. I just do not want to be too late in the delivery like CS Lewis for his niece and Narnia. We will see.

Well, this should be enough to get some writing out of my system... my ponderings and laments... most of we who write relate.

Cheers all!
Doc.



© 2009 Dave "Doc" Rogers


Author's Note

Dave "Doc" Rogers
blog is not an option... hmm... it's not quite an essay though, nor is it journaling... hmm....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on April 6, 2009


Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing