Building a House for GOD - snippet

Building a House for GOD - snippet

A Chapter by Dave "Doc" Rogers
"

A little thought I had. I do not often share my Biblically based writing here. So here is a taste of that.

"

"Now, I have prepared with all my might for the house of my GOD..."
- 1 Chronicles 29:2 KJV

Building a house for the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Dave Doc Rogers begins with a decision. Once decided there is preparation. Prepare for it in earnest. Plan what is needed and what needs to be done. Count the cost to you personally. Then begin it. Construction takes effort and dilligence. It may be hard, difficult, dirty, exhausting work in the process, but completing the work requires an unwillingness to stop until it is done. Furnish the house with good works; with things that will bless others. Consecrate, make separate to a singular purpose. Once built and furnished give it to no other purpose. Live there. Live in the purposes of GOD. Live in a house built to bless Him. Dwell in a life constructed and furnished to please GOD. Serve no other purpose than to live your life with GOD and in the Earth doing life together. You and GOD like Adam and Eve walking in the midst of the Garden of your life together. Amen? Yes and amen!



© 2009 Dave "Doc" Rogers


Author's Note

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Savor the thought. Meditate on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on August 15, 2009


Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing