Good news, bad news, you get to choose

Good news, bad news, you get to choose

A Chapter by Dave "Doc" Rogers

Christianity without the good news is only bad news. And, who would want that?

Jesus said He came to give life, and that more abundantly. Jesus said He came to proclaim the good news to the poor, healing, loosing the bound, mending the broken, those deaf will hear, those blind will see ... He even went so far as to say "If you ask anything in My Name, I will do it for you."

Too many have heard and believed another gospel where good news is not really, that suffering is paramount, and that victory goes to the perseverant in the sweet bye and bye.

Wouldn't it be just sad if the God of Jerusalem made it where we are supposed to rule and reign and humanity did was drool and feign. Sad in deed.

I will go with Joshua's stance on this subject. As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord.

What did Jesus have to say on the subject of suffering?

In one translation He is quoted as saying 'suffer the children to come unto me.' Maybe there will be things in this life you just have to deal with.

Suffering might mean the loss of your will to gain trust in His.

Does one have to 'suffer' through maladies, illness, strife, envy, et cetera ... not necessarily, but if they persecuted the prophets they will persecute you too.

Suffering is perspective adjusting to God's will. It doesn't necessarily require pain, just permission.


© 2009 Dave "Doc" Rogers


Author's Note

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Itsa statement.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on November 15, 2009


Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing