Primeval on UK's ITV ... disappointed

Primeval on UK's ITV ... disappointed

A Chapter by Dave "Doc" Rogers
"

Some words about another TV series I thought was fun but is gone.

"

Meandering about on the upper satellite channels, I stop at BBC America where I see an advert for "Primeval." "Ooooooh," says I. "This one looks nice. Hmmm...," says I again. "Animated by the same team that did 'Walking with Dinosaurs." I quickly set up the DVR and away I wait. And wait. And wait.... okay, several days later the show airs and I have a DVR copy. I sit down to give it a watch. The wife is indulgent, at least I am not on the computer, at work, or in a book. Right?

Immediately I am sucked into the show. Nice writing, good acting, British accents from around England and 1 Scot. Creatures animated very well. "Woohoo!" he says to hisself satisfied with a new series to watch.

Conflicts in the World of DVRs and my show, Primeval, gets bounced. What is the next best thing? Find it on the web. Thanks to ITV, Gubba, Goooogle [had to research more], and YouTube, I was able to find all of the episodes ... in English.

As I neared the end of the currently available episodes I spot an article on Primeval. I stop by to read rather than scan. *Head drops* I read that the show is cancelled and as of Jun 5th no new episodes will be made. bummer.

Primeval has gone the way of Firefly. It was good and enjoyable while it lasted.

Cheers!
Farewell "Primeval team!"

Doc......



© 2009 Dave "Doc" Rogers


Author's Note

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Jus' ramblin'

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on July 11, 2009
Last Updated on July 12, 2009


Author

Dave "Doc" Rogers
Dave "Doc" Rogers

Montgomery, AL



About
Artist • Author • Poet • Preacher I am a thinker, ponderer, assayer of thoughts. I have had a penchant for writing since childhood. I prefer "Doc" as an hommage to my grandfather Rob.. more..

Writing