Snow

Snow

A Chapter by Emily Anne
"

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”-Eskimo Proverb

"
It's cold outside.
For 10 months the ground has been covered with a thick layer of fluff, occasionally melting enough to see brown grassy patches. But then it snows again. Again, and again, and again. 
It's been ruining families. The government has gone to s**t. People are dying. 
I'm all alone here. My family is dead, my friends are dead. The snow drove us crazy.
Crazy enough to kill at some points. 
My friend Gary was shot by his brother Phil.
My sister got mad and ran out of the house with no protection. She froze to death.
My parents have been dead for 7 months, because they were rather old and too frail for the weather.
No one is alive but me now. I sit in this empty house and stare out the window. 
Some days I'm tempted to kill myself; Sometimes I think there's nothing to live for anymore.
But then I hear birds. Birds don't come out unless it's warm out.
That day, I almost didn't get out of bed. I wanted to crawl into a ball and sob, because I felt so horrible.
In that particular morning, the window happen to be open.
Don't ask me why it was open, it may or may not have been another failed suicide attempt. 
But when I woke up, and I heard those birds, I also felt the suns rays in the sky.
I forgot what the sun felt like.
I got up, got dressed, and stepped outside. Other houses emptied and I saw kids jumping in the slush.
It was overwhelming. 
The temperature got up to 65 degrees, and the snow melted into giant lakes of cold water.
That night the sky was crystal clear. The stars shone down brighter than the sun did that morning.
I was beginning to think that it was going to be okay.
Everything will be okay.


© 2013 Emily Anne


Author's Note

Emily Anne
I just threw this together off the top of my head. I dunno, I got bored.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ignore the spelling mistakes, I was typing fast :L

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on May 5, 2013
Tags: snow, alone, hope, happy ending


Author

Emily Anne
Emily Anne

Colombia, NJ



About
Almost 16, love the Hunger Games Trilogy, Minecraft, Sims 3, I write a lot of fiction. I'm a Christian, so I'd like it if you didn't post hate on my page about it. Video gamer, writer, possible archit.. more..

Writing