Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Ellary™

Chapter Nine;

Lissie woke in the same ally. She had fallen asleep, and been kept safe by the dim light. It was dark now; she could barely make out the shape of her hand in front of her face. She sat up, and soon enough, stood up. She walked out of the ally, and no one crowded the streets anymore. Her legs hurt from her expedition run. She didn’t want to be alive right now; she just wanted to be somewhere where everything was alright.

Lissie knew by morning everyone in town would know about the Princess of Daland; everyone would be looking for her. She heard men shouting behind her, but she kept walking. She heard hustled foot steps, but she ignored them.

“Stop, right there!” The men called. Lissie stopped. She didn’t care what happened to her next. “Give me your wrists, girl!” The man threatened. Lissie willingly let the man pull her arms back into shackles. The man hit Lissie on the head with the back of his stick, and Lissie passed out.

When she woke, she was in a bright room. She could see the entire Royal Family. She was lying on the floor, her arms chained behind her back, with her cheek to the ground. She saw familiar old worn boots, too. Her vision was blurred for a moment, until she sat up.

The worn boots belonged to who she thought; her father. He stood there, slim eyed, and ready to pounce. He, too, had chained back arms.

“Father,” Lissie said, groggily.

“I ain’t’ your father, girl. They said they already told you that.” He spat.

“But they’re lying, aren’t they? Tell me they’re lying!” Lissie said, in tears. Her ‘Father’s’ face didn’t change. It still looked sinister and tight.

“They ain’t.” Were his final words, till they pulled him out of the room. Lissie sat alone in the room with the Royal family.

“Felicity,” the King addressed her.

“Don’t call me that!” Lissie thrust her body around, in complete rage. “Let me go, let me out! I want to leave! Kill me!” Lissie accidentally slipped the last part, but the family remained silent.

“We’ve informed Daland of the situation, and your parents are overjoyed with the news…” he continued. Lissie had sobs ripping from her chest.

“No.” Lissie shook her head. “Maker’s sake, no!” She noticed then, that Orris was with the rest of the family. She stopped and looked up at him.

“Orris.” She said, creating an O with her lips. “Orris stop them. Help me. Please!”

“They’re not the bad guys.” Orris said plainly. “No one needs to get hurt here.” Lissie respected his nonviolent nature. She became more aware of her headache, and sore limbs.

“I guess…I suppose I should be happy about this.” Lissie sniffed.

“We understand you can’t just take on the job of being a princess.”

“We have a plan.” Aubren added. Lissie looked up at him.

“Of what sort?” Lissie said, clearing her eyes of her childish tears.

“In east Sterling, there’s a mage…” Aubren began. Lissie sighed. She hadn’t had good experience with mages in her lifetime.  “Everyone claims he can erase peoples memories, and undo events that have happened.”

“What are you aiming at?” Lissie stood up, legs shaking.

“If you really don’t want to be princess, we can undo this whole thing that’s just happened. We can even put you back in Hiemen with your father…”

“He’s not my father…” Lissie looked down at the floor. “Back to Hiemen? Even before I met Quince?” Lissie looked up at Aubren.

“Yes, of course.” Aubren nodded. “But there’s always the chance the mage will refuse. He doesn’t like to do big events… he doesn’t like to mess up the time line too much.”

“I’ll… I’m willing to at least try.” Lissie looked hopefully up at them.

“Then I shall send Aubren and you to Sterling City to see this mage.”

Sterling City…” Lissie said aloud. It was supposed to be the most beautiful city in all of the seven kingdoms. It, supposedly, wasn’t even outdoors. Lissie had heard they built great glass walls around the entire city; even so the whole thing would stay dry in the rain. “Great, excellent, thank you so much.” Lissie bowed her head. Aubren looked a little shocked that his father was sending him, but he didn’t seem too displeased.

“Now how far away is it?” Lissie asked, peering at the king.

“About a three month journey, on horse.” Lissie’s dreams were somewhat crushed. Surely Daland would have found her by then.

“Daland will look for me before then, if I am who you say I am.”
      “We’ve told them that the rest of the First Leagues are escorting you there. For all they know, you’ve already left for Daland.” The king said, rather proud of himself.

“Oh, thank you a thousand times!” Lissie smiled. Although she wasn’t sure the living the rest of her life with her father would be any better then this.

“Now go get a good nights rest, so you’re ready by morning. When you wake up, which I assume will be rather early, we’ll have armor and horses prepared for you in the stable. Go to the kitchen to collect your food bags, which are also stocked with at least one hundred sovereigns.

One hundred sovereigns, Lissie gapped. That’s more then she had ever been in possession of.

“A mattress is laid out on Aubren’s floor for you tonight, Lissie. Since Orris will be staying in the room you were previously occupying.” Lissie nodded.

“Now let us eat!” Aubren said, being the first one to budge his position. Of course Aubren would want food.



© 2010 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
Shooorrrrt. x_x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on November 16, 2010
Last Updated on November 16, 2010


Author

Ellary™
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
The Cure The Cure

A Story by Ellary™


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™