Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen

A Chapter by Ellary™

The three of them were forced out of their sleep when violent knocking was heard from the other side of the storage door. Mercedes screamed as Aubren got out of his bed.

"What is it?" Lissie said, rather annoyed.

"Someone’s in the storage room." Aubren said, keeping his hands open.

"How’d they even get in there? Oh, we’re all going to die!" Mercedes started packing her things, and sped walked to the windows.

"Oh, no you don’t!" Lissie said, grabbing Mercedes waist as she tried to leap out the window. "You swore to me, remember?" Lissie threw Mercedes to the ground. "Open that door, Aubren."

"You don’t understand�"no one returned to King of Denrim, so he knows you’re still alive, he could have sent Leagues!" Mercedes pleaded.

Aubren's hand reached for the door handle without hesitation. Mecedes was wiggling on the floor as Lissie held her down. There was a long silent pause as the door opened. At first, nothing could be seen because there was no light, but a moment later some strange glowing red light floated into the room.

"They're in there." A familiar voice mumbled. Lissie perked her ears.

"What was that? What's going on!" Mercedes pushed up against Lissies hands. Three figures emerged from the dark storage room. Lissies eyes took a minute to adjust, but once they did, she let go of Mercedes.

Orris, Marie and Quince all stood together, looking somewhat relived.

"What?" Lissie asked, contently annoyed.

"Lissie, Aubren!" Marie nealry yelled, grabbing them both and embracing them. Lissie didn't enjoy being this close to Aubren; their cheeks were practically touching.

"Hey Marie," Lissie said, rather awkwardly.

"What are you three doing here? Who's he?" Aubren said, nodding his head to Quince.

"That's my brother." Lissie said, sounding confused, too.

"Something terrible has happened." Marie frowned.

And so, they all gathered in a circle on the floor. Aubren insisted he had seen the soft side of Lissie and begged Marie to let him sit next to her. She let him. Lissie cussed under her breath.

"Okay, what was that red ball?" Mercedes asked first.

"That was me." Orris slightly raised his hand. "I was scanning the room." When Mercedes saw the origin of the speaker, she paused. She had never seen someone so beautiful. She stared, and Orris awkwardly continued. "I was using blood magic."

"Why would you do that?" Quince knitted his eyebrows together. "Blood magic is dangerous."

"I know the risks." Orris responded without looking at him.

"So what's happened?" Lissie stubbornly interupted the two mages.

"Father, he's...--The town, Denrim, it's corrupted. There is no mage here, he sent assassins, we should leave immediatly!"

"We know." Aubren responded kind of annoyed. "Mercedes here was one of the assassins. She told us the whole story."

"It's a miracle we even escaped. Father had us and mother locked up in their room. In the evening, he'd come in and beat us. It was terrible!" Marie got tears in her eyes just thinking about it.

"At least you didn't confess your undying love for your own brother." Quince said, implying it at Marie but staring straight at Lissie.

"Wh-what?" Marie looked at him awkwardly. Lissie rubbed her brow line annoyingly.

"Really? Bringing that up now of all times?" Lissie looked at him and shook her head. "Nevermind him, he's an imbisul."

"What exactly has father done to Denrim?"

"It's completely iscolated. He lets no one in, and no one leaves. He has guards catch houses on fire to 'unloyal subjects'... it's terrible! We have to help mother, she's still there, trapped by father!" Aubren was quiet for a moment, but then he let his head drop.

"I never would have guessed things would end up like this...Father, he-- he always seemed to honestly love us. All of my childhood... leading up to this?" Lissie could have been mistaken; but she could almost swear Aubren was near tears.

"Aubren--" Marie looked at him, looking very sad as well. "We all have to go through this together. As long as we stick together."

"I may be wrongly inserting myself," Lissie added uncomfortably, "but, trust me, things will get better." Lissie forced a smile; she had little practice with smiling, but Aubren smiled at her smile attempt, so it worked out anyway.

"Thanks Felicity."

"Eh?" Lissie fliched at his unexpected formality.

"We should... sleep." Orris said now, looking very tired indeed.

"Good idea." Mercedes yawned big, streaching her arms up.

"We have no room." Lissie brought to concern.

"That's okay," Aubren put a nasty look on his face, and Lissie knew what came next was going to be disturbing, "Lissie and I can just sleep together." Aubren wrapped his arms around her shoulders and grinned. Lissie beared it.

"Like hell we'll sleep together." Lissie said bluntly. Marie laughed, and said something that made both Aubren and Lissie uncomfortable.

"I really do hope you two wed." Lissie squinted one of her eyes and looked at Marie. Giving her a 'why would you even say that' look.

"Wed? Silly, young, foolish Marie." Aubren smiled at his sister, but his overall expression still looked pained.

"I'm only like a year younger then Lissie." Marie crossed her arms, rather offended.

"I'm going to bed." Orris got up now, taking one of the beds laid on the floor. Quince, however, had already fallen asleep on the wood floor.

"I guess, as long as Quince stays there, we'll have enough room if siblings sleep together." Mercedes shrugged.

"What about you?" Lissie asked, looking at Mercedes.

"I tried to kill you," she paused, "i'll sleep on the floor here, like Quince."

"Why do you insist on being so humble? I'll never understand you." Lissie got up, taking the big bed. "Okay, night."

"Lissie... Do you honestly expect me and Aubren to sleep on this tiny floor mat alone? I thought, maybe, you would take it..." Lissie rolled over and ignored Marie. Aubren sighed.

"Her minds set. There's no budging her. Marie, you take the floor mat, I'll find somewhere else to sleep."

"Are you sure?" Marie acted like she was uneasy, but she was on the floor mat before Aubren could reply.

"Mhm." He said, making his way to the other side of the room, on the floor.



© 2011 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
No note, I have no reviewers, LOL.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

203 Views
Added on December 4, 2010
Last Updated on August 2, 2011


Author

Ellary™
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
The Cure The Cure

A Story by Ellary™


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™