Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by Ellary™

Lissie, to no surprise, was the last one up. Or so she thought. In the corner, in a fetal posistion, laid Aubren; still sound asleep. Everyone else was already gone; out exploring the market she presumed. She made her way over to the corner, knowing she'd regret this. She crouched down by Aubren, and shook him by the shoulder.

"Aubren." Said Lissie in a half whisper. "Aubren, wake up." He groaned, rolled over, and ignored Lissie.

"I know you're... sad about your Father. But hey, just know when we get back, and we will, we'll be strong enough to over throw him. I know we will; because you guys are the only friends I've ever had..." Lissie knew it wasn't very motivating, but she wanted to let him know; even if it wasn't her field of expretise. "You'll take over, and lead Denrim farther then it's ever been..." Lissie blushed hard; she had never given compliments like this.

What Lissie wasn't expecting was Aubren to cry. But he did, he cried. It wasn't dramatic, one or two tears fell only, but it was definatly tears. He sat up and looked Lissie in the eyes.

"I didn't help you when your Father was sent to prison...So, thank you." Aubren looked at his thumbs, as if half expecting them to be gone.

"He wasn't my father." Lissie said shortly, holding her lip closed with her tooth. "You couldn't have done much anyways. I'm too stubborn." Lissie half smiled, not showing her teeth.

"True." Aubren also smiled.

"Idiot, you weren't supposed to agree."

"Who are you to tell me what I'm supposed and not supposed to do." He said, in a cocky prince tone. Lissie shook her head. She had done what she had been trying to do; make the mood lighter.

"Honestly, you're a prince?"

"You're one to talk!" Aubren said, fakely taking offence.

"Ohoh, TOUCHE!" Lissie straightened her back. She stopped; this wasn't how she normally acted around people... Why bring out her true self now? She didn't know why, but she liked it. She didn't want to hide.

"You're honestly silly." Aubren relaxed again.

"And you're honestly stupid." Lissie smiled broad, to make sure he knew she was kidding.

"I know I know," Aubren paused, "where are the others?"

"I have no idea." Lissie raised an eyebrow. "Should we find them?"

"Naw, they're too loud."

"We finally agree upon something." Lissie laid her legs out behind her and balanced her jaw on her palms. "Are you worried weither the duke of Sterling will believe you're really who you say you are?"

"My hair, my eyes... I don't think he'd be stupid enough to think I was lying."

"Oh, and let me guess, your outstanding princely good looks?" Lissie teased.

"Oh, flatterer." Aubren snapped his wrist gayly. Lissie liked Aubren. It took her this long to realize she didn't hate him. He made her smile; no one did that.

After Lissie had finished laughing, she felt obligated to do one thing.

"Thank you, Aubren."

"Pardon?"

"I haven't smiled in a really long time..."

"I noticed."

"What do you mean?"

"Your smile is a little... Crooked." Aubren laughed.

"..." Lissie didn't respond.

"Don't get the wrong idea!" Aubren said through his laughter, "it's adorable!"

"Adorable? I'll take it." Lissie sighed.

"Really? I thought I was dead for sure."

"Don't worry," Lissie looked up at him, "i'll let my anger out on Quince."

"Oh, what a releif." After that, the door swung open.

"FOOD!" Aubren ran to the door at the first sight of Marie holding loafs of bread.

"Ohhhh, I'm sorry, am I interupting you two love birds?"

"Don't worry about it." Aubren said, nearly throwing himself at the food.

He didn't even deny it... Lissie thought, not knowing if this made her happy or mad.

They all ate, as if they were a big happy family. Lissie had never been surrounded by people like this before; she felt it was a good change. After food, they laid around, asking questions and telling stories. They still had three days to spare before the Festival, and so little things to do.

"Lissie," Aubren sat up straight after Quince had finished telling Lissie's and his story. They all, of course, laughed histarically at Quince for falling for his own sister. "Do you want to go fight?"

"Hmm?" Lissie looked up at him. Something weird happened, something she hadn't been expceting. She felt her blood rush at the sight of his face.

"Do you want to fight? Like, practice, out in the back?"

"Yes she most certainly does!" Marie butted in, pulling Aubren and Lissie up by their arms and pushing them out the door, locking it.

"She really knows how to make for a nice, warm, welcoming atmosphere, now doesn't she?" Lissie remarked at how abruptly they had ended up outside the room.

"Her charm, right?" Aubren laughed with her.

"So, where's this 'back' exactly?"

"The grounds behind the inn, here, i'll show you." Aubren, by habbit, grabbed Lissie's wrist, leading her to a balcony which over looked a small grass covered yard behind the inn; fenced off from the main street by a roughly seven foot fence.

"Looks like fun."

"Doesn't it?" Aubren said, rather enthusiastically. Lissie smiled at his childish face.

Before long, Lissie and Aubren were doing what had brought them together; fighting. Ironic, in it's own way. Lissie had made the same mistake as last time, she had started great defensively, but after awhile her brick wall began to shake. Aubren was so fit, so strong. Lissie had a hard time holding up against him. After Aubren had declared the first round a draw; Lissie took a break. Aubren pushed his sweaty hair line back with his hand, and withdrew his shirt from his body. Lissie couldn't help but stare. He was thin, but so firm. He had a perfect body. Lissie's face became noticably red when Aubren said something.

"Never seen a mans body before?"

"Of course I haven't!" Lissie scowled. Aubren then proceded to strike gay poses and show it off.

"Ready for round two?" Aubren said after Lissie had had some time to cool off and drink some water.

"As long as you put a shirt on. I'm not touching that." Lissie pointed coursely to his body.

"Oh, common! It's not that bad. And plus, I'll die if I have to put my shirt on." Lissie took this into consideration. Before really deciding what she wanted to do, she stood up and pulled at her shirt. She ripped it halfway between her chest and bellybutton. Like she was hoping, Aubren turned red. Lissie then proceded to raise her arms in the air, pretending to stretch, just enough so Aubren could see the bottom of her under garments. Aubren looked away and kept his eyes straight.

"Very well, nicely played. Although, I can always put my shirt back on. You, on the other hand, look like you're stuck that way." Lissie hadn't really thought it through.

"I honestly don't care if people see my body." Lissie shrugged.

"We should really get you some food." Aubren remarked, counting her ribs with his eyes.

"Oh, it's not that bad. You can only see the top two ribs. When I was with my father it was worse," she paused, "so are we doing this round two or not?" Aubren agreed under certain circumstances. If Lissie won, Aubren would abide to her every need. If Aubren won, well..

"If I win, you owe me a kiss."

"What?" Lissie said, taken aback by his odd request.

"A kiss." He clearified.

"Why in The Makers name would you want that?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Very well, I guess I'll just have to win," said Lissie, taking a defensive stance. But It wasn't actually defence she was going to practice in this round; she would make sure she got the first strike.

Very, VERY against what Lissie had been planning; Aubren still got the first hit. She, again, was losing, and Aubren was enjoying every moment of it.

"B*****d!" Lissie clenched her teeth as he pushed at her raised arms, obviously trying to knock her over. When he did succeed, he let out a laugh. Lissie had lost... again. Lissie sat on the ground a moment. She had never kissed anyone; ever. Not even her mother or father. She didn't know how. Aubren held out his hand to Lissie and helped her up. But, Instead of pulling away when he lifted her, he pulled her right up next to him. His eyes looked straight into hers, although she didn't return the glance.

"Very well," said Lissie. "Lets get this over with." She tried hard not to look at Aubren as he leaned in, but she couldn't. Her heart was pounding, and she was sure he could hear it. Just at the peek of the moment, right when their lips were about to touch...

"Aubren, Lissie, dinner is --" Marie cut off when she looked over the balcony and saw the two. "Okay, just come when you're ready..." Marie said, blushing and running back to the room. She was obviously going to tell everyone.

"S**t." Lissie cussed under her breath, dashing under Aubren and heading for the room. When she plowed the door open, not a single eye strayed from her face. They all got nasty smirks on their faces. They knew. They knew Aubren had kissed Lissie; or, almost. But Lissie was sure Marie had told them it had happened.

"We didn't kiss!" Lissie shouted, hating that all eyes were on her.

"Oh, there's no need to lie." Aubren came up behind her and wrapped his arm around her. "We kissed big time." Aubren lied.

"What? NO! Why would you say that? UGH!" Lissie stormed out of the room, furious. She hated Aubren. She hated him; hated every bone in his body. She found a safe corner where no one would stare, no one would know who she was.



© 2011 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
Yayyy LissiexAubren.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011


Author

Ellary™
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
The Cure The Cure

A Story by Ellary™


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™