Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Ellary™

Chapter Ten;

Aubren and Lissie walked full bellied back to Aubren’s room to rest their eyes.

“I can’t believe it.” Lissie shook her head, and glanced over at Aubren. “I can’t believe I’m a princess. It seems entirely wrong.”

“Yea it does. Who knew a princess could be so violent.”

“Just because I know I’m a princess won’t stop me from being so, Aubren. Watch your mouth, pretty boy.”

“You always call me that. Why, exactly?”

“Have you ever seen a boy with such smooth hair and long eyelashes?” Lissie said, sarcastically sounding like an over obsessed prince-fan girl. Aubren sighed and rolled his eyes.

“I am not the least bit thrilled to be traveling with you.”

“Oh, don’t lie, Aubren. I know you’re secretly in love with me.” Lissie elbowed his rib.

“Oh, yes, you’re highness; ever since I first laid my long-lashed eyes on you I knew it was love.” Aubren said sarcastically. Lissie nodded and laughed with him. Once they got to his room, Lissie laid out the bed roll that had been lying on the floor.

“Too bad I don’t get a bed.” Lissie complained, while she rolled out her bed roll.

“Yea, it really sucks to be you.” Aubren raised his eyebrows. “Glad I’m not you.” He pulled his thick covers over his body. “Oh, the comfort!” He cried out, pretending to enjoy his bed more then he really did, to rub it into Lissie.

“Oh, you’re so hilarious, Aubren.” He grinned at her widely, like a child who had pulled a prank. Lissie climbed into her not-so-comfortable bed roll, and Aubren blew out the candle.

“Good night, Lissie-girl.” Lissie winced. That’s what her father had called her.

“G-goodnight.”

“I wonder if the mage will make everyone except you forget. Because it’s like going back in time, isn’t it? I wonder if I’ll forget you. I sure hope so.”

“Har-har.” Lissie mumbled, from her pillow.

“Just kidding.” Aubren sighed. “There’s no way I could forget such an… ambitious girl like you.”

“I wish I could forget a girly-boy-know-is-all like you.” Lissie rolled over to her side. “It’s a shame I have to be able to remember.” Aubren sighed.

“Goodnight, Lissie.” He said, annoyed.

“You already said that. I take back that part about ‘knowing all.’” Aubren didn’t have a comment for her after that. Lissie smirked.

They woke up around four in the morning, and headed for the stables. There were two horses; one black, one grayish white with a few black spots. Lissie called that one as hers. Aubren didn’t try to argue. Once they had gone to the kitchen and grabbed their bags that the maids had prepared, Aubren and Lissie were off.

Lissie had no idea how beautiful the Denrim Forest was until today. Aubren made fun of her lack of nature, but Lissie just marveled the beauty.

“There’s so much green, and the air is so clean! I don’t smell a single goat! It just smells… fresh.” Lissie went on and on about how beautiful it was. Aubren learned to block it out and just concentrate on riding.

“Where did you learn to ride?” Aubren asked, pulling Lissie from her amazement.

“I didn’t.” Lissie looked at him awkwardly. “You have to learn to ride?” She asked, having a puzzled look on her face. Aubren looked away in shame. It had taken in nearly eight years to finally get the hang of it; but he didn’t tell Lissie that, of course.

Day one of their riding was finally complete once the sky turned a brilliant shade of orange-pink.

“I never knew the sun could look like that!” Lissie said, pointing up at the sky. They had picked a semi-cleared out area to camp.

“Hm.” Aubren replied. He was sick of her outrageous entertainment in the forest. “Will you help me set up the tent?”

“There’s only one?” Said Lissie, nervously.

“Why would there be two?”

“WELL, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we’re not exactly… the same sex.” Lissie fiddled with her fingers.

“WE’RE NOT?” Aubren said sarcastically. “This whole time I thought--.” Aubren pretended to be surprised.

“I’m un amused.” Lissie picked up the tent and handed the other end to Aubren.

“I’m not here to amuse you.” Aubren mocked Lissie. That’s what she had said the first day in the League auditions. Lissie gave him a nasty face and stuck the post in the ground.

“Just set up the tent.” Lissie shook her head. Aubren obeyed her command.

The tent, despite the many struggles with both Aubren and Lissie, did eventually get up. Aubren even managed to start a fire. Lissie took a seat across the fire from Aubren.

“Tell me more about yourself, Aubren.” Lissie said, suddenly. He looked up at Lissie, confused.

“You’re joking, of course?” Aubren pushed his eyebrows together.

“No,” said Lissie.

“Well, okay. That’s a change.” Aubren said, rather satisfied. “I was born twenty-one years ago to the King and Queen of Denrim. I was their first son"let alone, child"and, what they say, a gift from the god’s themselves.”

“Awfully modest, if you ask me.” Lissie shrugged. “I mean, why are you so great? I don’t see it.”

“Thanks, doll.” Aubren ignored her. “I was a real brat when I was little… my parents said I didn’t listen to a thing they said, and I would always refuse to meet princess to betroth. They say I even refused to meet you, before you were kidnapped.”

“Oh, thank the maker.” Lissie pretended to be relieved.

“I didn’t like the sound of arranged marriages… Orris came three years after me, and my parents didn’t show him as much love as they did me. I always felt bad for him, but when I tried to play with him, he’d just sit there and do nothing, so eventually, I just followed my parents, and ignored him completely. Soon enough, I didn’t even see him anymore. It’s like he wasn’t even there. At the time, I didn’t know he was a blood mage…When Marie was born; I was ignored for a long while. The thought of a girl made my mom really happy. She spent most of her time with her, but I didn’t mind. I knew I’d act the same to my kids one day. Terrence was treated like I had been, like a favorite, until Lucinda was born. My mom relived her baby girl happiness with her, and Marie became envious. Our siblings aren’t all that close except me and Marie, if you couldn’t tell.”

“Well, now I know all about your family. I asked about you,” Lissie emphasized. “Or is it you don’t even know yourself?”

“Me? I’m… I don’t know how to describe myself. You try"it’s hard to describe yourself.”

“Well, I’m tough. I don’t trust a single soul alive, and I think fearing people is ridiculous. I will never marry, because it’s a waste of time. I have honestly never seen any happiness in life, so I’m incredibly dull.”

“Dull? Oh, yea right.” Aubren spat. “You’re the most exciting person I’ve met.”

“Oh, sure.” Lissie rolled her eyes. “Because I’m sure you’ve met so many people...Oh, and your turn.”

“Yes, okay. But first I’d like to ask you; why don’t you trust anyone?”

“Because no one in my life has ever done me any good. My father, or so it seemed, just used me for all his dirty work. I’ve had to kill so many innocent people for him… I don’t even treasure life anymore"it’s sad, really. My mother, or so I thought, abandon me for her fake son Quince when I was really young. She agreed with my father when I was kicked out of the house… she agreed the Quince was better"damn that Tyughel Sword.”

“Tyughel Sword? What happened with that?” Lissie looked up at Aubren’s words; she didn’t know if she should tell.

“It’s the reason I came to League auditions in the first place. My father told me to get to know you, get information about the Tyughel Sword. He told me eventually to gain your trust… How am I supposed to get people to trust me when I don’t trust them? Anyway, he wanted me to steal it for him. He said I wouldn’t live…”

“It seems to me that you trust me.” Aubren raised his eyebrows.

“I don’t.”

“Then why would you tell me all that?” Lissie was at a loss for words.

“Your turn to tell me about yourself.” Lissie said, now in a worse mood.

“I’m… I’m selfish, and I like meeting new people. My favorite color is--.”

“Purple!” Lissie interrupted. “You best had been saying purple.”

“I actually was…” Aubren eyed her suspiciously.

“Alright then, continue.” Lissie smiled sheepishly.

“I love sleeping under the stars, but my father wont let me… he says the palace is too high. I like acting out of command, and being a rebel.”

“Alright, that was okay for a first try.” Lissie nodded, pleased.

“Thanks…” Aubren said, unsure if it was a compliment or not. “What’s your favorite animal?” Aubren asked her, suddenly.

“I don’t play favorites. I hate them all equally.” Lissie said quickly, smiling after.

      “That’s a little harsh…” Aubren sighed, and yawned.

      “We should probably get to sleep.” Lissie said, dreading the fact that there was only one tent. Aubren let her in first, and climbed to the opposite side of it.

      “We’re both royalty, who cares?” Aubren said.

      “I DO.” Lissie said loudly but shortly. Aubren didn’t make a remark about it after that. Lissie made sure he was scooted as far to her right as he could possibly go, she also made sure of the same thing on her side.

 



© 2010 Ellary™


Author's Note

Ellary™
Get to know Aubren(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on November 16, 2010
Last Updated on November 16, 2010
Tags: Stolen Trust


Author

Ellary™
Ellary™

WI



About
Hi I'm ELLARY and I L O V E writing! more..

Writing
The Cure The Cure

A Story by Ellary™


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Ellary™