Introducing Me

Introducing Me

A Chapter by Emylia Senna
"

Part of Mya's Life

"

I bet you already know what this story is going to be about from the title. Me wanting my ex-boyfriend back. It kind of is, but not in the context normally given. How I got him back is a bit different from the commonly told story.

I’ll start from the beginning. My name is Amelia, but I like to be called Mya (pronounced like Mia). I had the light brown hair that refused to stay black no matter how many times I dye it black, the body that requires harsh diets to keep it looking pleasant to the male eye, and the eyes that I can use to hypnotize guys that pay attention.

This is my junior year of high school. I wasn’t having the best year ever. My boyfriend, Alex Samuel, dumped me over the summer and it’s hard seeing him after that. The boy you thought you’d be with forever, or at least until he goes to college, but hoping for longer. He was my first time, but I blew it big time by being a girl and over thinking things. I lost him due to my poor judgment of mind.

Not a day goes by when I don’t think of what I could’ve done differently, but I have to live with my mistakes. I wanted to make up for it, but there was no way I could anymore.

Watching him walk by in the halls makes me hate him and want him for the same reason: our history.

I remembered his firm jawed, analytical smile, his big brown eyes that invite you in without call, his dark curly hair that was so soft to the touch, his tall soccer built body that held like a kind protector without purpose, and his voice that soothed me with a single tingle shot up my body and stopped at my heart fluttering. The way he’d care about me in private, and for a while in public, the love he’d always put into every gesture toward me, and the way he’d drop everything to come see me.

I had it good, and I blew it. Everyone thinks it’s the boy’s fault, but I’m taking the fall for this one.

The only good thing still running from the relationship is the fact that introduced me to his church for United Methodists. I’d missed church, but wanted a deeper, more imminent youth group. Alex brought me there, but he never thought I’d stay. I used to go just to see him, but I made some friends and I started to adore the church like a home. I’m still going there regardless of Alex being there. My relationship with God was stronger than the pain Alex brought with him. I just didn’t let our relationship drama come into the youth group. It wouldn’t be fair to them.

But it’s given me the strength to live without him on the outside, even though on the inside I was being chipped away. It felt worth it. I always thought that the most painful things were the right things to do. Which is why when Alex asked if I’d rather him stick around and be unhappy than let him go happy, I let him go. And I know if he loved me and we were meant to be, he’d come back.

I looked up from the coffee shop’s round table corking up my notebook and glasses case, hearing Big Mike’s booming voice along with Pam’s joyful smiled “Hi”. Our faithful leaders �" well two of five.

Monday morning coffee with the youth group before school. And so begins my week.

I was too lazy to put in contacts, or put on actual clothes that weren’t sweats. I closed up the notebook as Anne and her daughter Ali came in.

Slowly the regular goers of youth group came in. Stories and laugher jumped across the table. Alex no longer acknowledged my presence. It took a bloody battle to hold back the fighting tears that got stronger by day.

I faked my smiles and laugher to pound away the desire to cry.

Every girl thinks she could see a future with her boyfriend, but I really could. I could see a wedding ring being placed on my finger, the faint sound of I-does coming from our mouths, him holding his newborn child mothered by me, standing in Coy Hall of the church with our baby. A future that was desired to live. A future I ruined. A future that will remain a dream. Something that will never be.

This is how things are now. Things were about to get more complicated by the day. Wait and see.



© 2013 Emylia Senna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good. but.....uh.. is there gonna be more of this?


Posted 11 Years Ago


You can't really tell what the story's about from the title.
That being said, your writing is technically correct and you're setting out a fairly good pace and setting for yourself. There's a lot of directions you could go from here, so just keep in mind what message you want to send with the piece and how you want to send it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

140 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013
Tags: #Religion #Writer #Cafe #Regret


Author

Emylia Senna
Emylia Senna

Broomfield, CO



About
I'm not what people would normally expect :) more..

Writing