Got You Back

Got You Back

A Chapter by Emylia Senna
"

Mya gets Alex back

"

I was walking out to my car, emotionally raped to numb. I almost didn’t even notice the dog tag on my left mirror. I just so happened to see it when I was unlocking the door. I was hesitant. I knew a lot of people would be cruel enough to trick me into thinking it really meant something.

I read the message “Will you be mine 1 more time”.  I recognized the tag. It was the same exact tag I got when . . . Alex asked me to prom. I checked the back for the Pet-SmartR sign. There it was . . . along with a number. There’s no way Alex would ever do something this sweet to ask a girl out, let alone an ex-girlfriend. This was either a trick or a very far-fetched wild dream.

I got in my car as to hide from anyone who could be watching ready to make a fool out of me. I dialed the number. Ring . . . ring . . . ring . . .

“I was hoping you’d call.”

The voice was familiar, but wasn’t mocking me like I thought, “Who is this?”

“Look out your window.”

I cautiously looked out the left window. There he was. Alex Samuels. My jaw detached itself from the socket so it hung there motionless to the sight of his appearance and smile at me.

I had the feeling of disbelief numbing my whole body to modesty.

I got out of my car as he came up to me. I could barely look at him. Our conversations were always so heart-breakingly awkward; I hated them. I knew I was expected to be the first to speak.

“Pet-Smart?”

He chuckled, “Yeah. I . . . uh . . . I was hoping it’d remind you of . . . us.”

I nodded, “it did . . . it’s almost painful to remember knowing it’s gone.”

He squinted confused with a covering smile, “You didn’t read the message?”

“I did . . .”

“And your answer is?”

It took a lot for me to say this, but my heart, my gut, and my head finally had the same answer, “. . . okay.”

He smiled. It made me smile with the giddy feeling I had the day he asked me out a year and two months ago.

He hugged me. I almost forgot the feeling of his embrace. When he pulled away, he had the same analytical look he used to have.

“Why?” I suddenly asked.

“I have my reasons, but can we just enjoy the moment, and talk specifics Saturday.”

“Saturday? What’s happening Saturday?”

“A date with you.”

I rolled my eyes at his funny cheesy line. He knew I hated cheesy but he loved doing it anyway.

“Okay, where?”

“Anywhere.”

I remembered something, “Can we actually go viral?”

He laughed, “Yes, of course, baby.”

There’s one mistreat that I got back. I was coming back to life. Everything that happened . . . doesn’t matter. I had reason to rejoice again.

He kissed me.

When I got home, the relationship request was waiting for me on Facebook. I got what I wanted. Alex was happy and now so was I. I always knew the things that were most painful for the time being would be the best thing for you in the long run.



© 2013 Emylia Senna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013
Tags: #Surpise #Love #Happy


Author

Emylia Senna
Emylia Senna

Broomfield, CO



About
I'm not what people would normally expect :) more..

Writing