Chapter Three- Got Garlic?

Chapter Three- Got Garlic?

A Chapter by EncoreDeZiza

No Rest for the Wicked
Encore De Ziza
Copyright, All Rights Reserved
2013
Chapter Three
Got Garlic?

“Des Moines, Iowa?” M asked, frowning at the map. “Why do you wanna go there?”

Richelle rolled her eyes, “Ashton has family in Iowa.”

“Don’t they want him dead? Come on, Moxx, just this once could you ignore your boy toy and listen to me?”

“They don’t want me dead!” Ashton yelled from the back seat.

“M,” Iz lectured, “Ashton’s cousin called, they want some Seeth down there right away to terminate a problem.”

“A problem?” M recapped, “What problem?”

“They wouldn’t say.,” Ashton admitted, “Pete was never one for small talk tho. They need me, I’m there.”

“But do you have to bring me?”

“M, shut up, or I’ll kick you out of the car.” Richelle barked before punching keys on the radeo. Icon for Hire’s Fight came on and Richelle turned the volume all the way up, making the speakers vibrate with sound as she searched for a gas station.

            ‘I don’t know how I got here, but I refuse to stay. I betrayed myself when I let others have their way, but I am holding on, my fingers on the pulls. The sound of my heart pounding tells me there’s still hope. But people don’t like when you put up a fight, and slowly, ever so slowly, I am losing mine.’

Richelle bit her lip, watching the gas gage which was on E. She looked back  up to see a green sign stating it was only five miles west. Richelle pulled her lip into her mouth, nervously grinding away the flesh as she glanced at the gage again.  “Uh… Guys?” She called but Iz and Ashton were singing too loudly to hear and M was deep in sulking.

            “FIGHT!” Iz sang.

“Fight!” Ashton backed.

“Fight or be taken out alive”

“Fight!”

“No where to run, no where to hide. Standing on the edge am I better off dead? How could I forget that I’m better than this? I’ve come too far to fade tonight, Fight! Or be taken out…” Her voice cut off after the realization that the radio was no longer playing. Everyone quieted as they let their surroundings settle in, finally realizing that the car was off and in the middle of an old, abandoned road. “Hey Moxx?”

“Yeah.” Richelle replied, grinding her teeth.

“You Okay?”

“Why are we stopping?” M snarled.

Richelle’s fingers curled into her fist, biting her skin, her fists shaking. “Get out.” She didn’t even look at M to know the shock and betrayal on her face.

“Wh-what?”

Richelle turned then to look at her, knowing her golden eyes must be glowing. “Get your fat a*s off your high horse and shove the car to the nearest gas station.”

“But I-“

“Now.”  She struggled with her seat belt but obliged.  The minute her door closed, Richelle took deep breaths, “Ashton?” She pleaded, looking at him through the mirror.

He gave a brisk nod, “Yes ma’am.” He agreed before joining M at the back of the car, together they pushed and the car began to roll. RIchelle did her part at the wheel, leading them on the right path.

            It took forever but they eventually got to some place called a Kum and Go, where Ashton and M got back in the car only they switched seats so that Ashton  was passenger and map reader and M’s scowling face was in the rearview mirror. Lovely, Richelle noted before moving out of the car and filling up.

            “Excuse me?” She knew he was a human American before even looking. She gave the teenager a warm smile. He tried to return it but failed. It came out strained and over done. She examined his dark grey bags lining his eyes and the way his hair was tousled and knotted form pulling and yanking, his clothes were wrinkled from too long of use, and many sleepless nights. A small hint of deodorant blowing off him. “Have you seen this girl?” He asked, holding up a picture of him (Looking much healthier both emotionally and physically) and a teenage girl holding hands. She was wearing red skinny jeans and a white blouse, holding up a rock and roll sign, her blonde hair blowing in the wind. She gave him an apologetic smile, opened her mouth but was cutt off. “Save it, please. I’ve seen that look enough times. But. Thanks.” He did a little half smile before turning on his heal.

“Kid, wait!” Richelle called out. He froze. A car door opened and she kenw it was Ashton, “I hope you can be happy again.”

“Hey kid, can I help you?” Ashton asked, looping an arm around RIchelle’s waist.

“Probably not.” The kid replied. Ashton frowned and Richelle snatched his pop, taking a large swig.

“He’s looking for a young lady.” She whispered.

Ashton’s eyebrows came together, “Blonde?”

The boy spun on his heal, bouncing over, waving the picture around like a mad man, hope spreading over his eager face. “Have you seen her?”

“Yeah,” He confirmed, trying to keep up with the boys boundless movements, finally he just reached up and held the picture still. “Yeah, I have.”

“Where?” Suddenly Ashton’s whole face changed.
”Actually kid, I- uh, no.. I’m really sorry, it isn’t your girl.” Richelle watched as the boy nearly crumpled to the ground, the disappointment putting a physical toll on this young man.

“Uh, it’s okay.. Th-thank you.” He mumbled, walking off on weak, shaky legs.

            Richelle jumped from Ashton’s reach and glared, “Why in the hell would you do that?!”

Ashton licked his lips, his concealed eyes on the boy, “I’m sorry, I just… IT took a while for me to figure out where I’d seen her.”

“And where exactly was that?” She snapped.

“On a picture message from Pete.” He retorted. “She’s dead. He killed her.”

 

 

            “Don’t cry to me, if you loved me, you would be here with me.” Iz sang from the back, M’s profile was so much more peaceful and not to mention beautiful as she snored along.

“How close?”

“Thirty Mintues.”

‘Come find me, make up your mind!” Iz continued.

“SO what’s this Pete guy llike?”

“Pete? He’s-“

“Should’ve let you fall, lose it all!” Iz sang over them, “So maybe you can remember yourself. Can’t keep believing we’re only deceiving ourselves and I’m sick of the lies. And you’re too late.”

“Iz.”

“Don’t cry to me, if you loved me, you would be here with me. You want me, come find me, make up your mind!”

“Iz.” Richelle tried again as the instruments came in, “Iz?” She sighed. “Izabell!”

“Let her sing.” Ashton encouraged.

Richelle rolled her eyes, it was a freaking instrumental break! “Whatever.”

 

            Xxx

            “M!” Richelle groaned, “UGH! Fine! Stay here!” She hissed, getting out of the car. She smiled warmly at the Chevelle waiting. He had Ashton’s white-blonde hair, a broader frame, and less muscle (Although you couldn’t tell at first glance, Ashton was packing!). He was shirtless, showing off his six pack and toned arms. His jeans hung off his waist a dark blue contrasting well with his black boots and matching shades. He flashed a wide smile. “Pete.” He introduced, offering his hands.

“Richelle. You can call me Moxx.”

“Grey’s girl, of course. And you are?” He asked, his head turning in the direction of Iz and Richelle had no doubts he’d been eyeing her the whole time.

She flushed red, “Uh, Iz.”

“Iz.” He tried. “Is that, by any chance, short for Izabella?”

“Izabell.” She corrected.

“Oh, my mistake. Allow me to apologize, say, over dinner?” Right, because no one saw that coming… Richelle looked to an embarrassed- looking Ashton and mouthed ‘smooth’. He gave an apologetic shrug.

“Yeah, abso-sure!” Iz tripped, flashing a bashful smile that he beamed. Wow, he spells trouble.

“So what’s the deal?” Ashton asked.

“Oh we’ve got some burning for your pyro friends.” Richelle glared and Ashton put a hand on her shoulder.

“What kind of burning?”

“The live kind.” He winked.

Richelle rolled her eyes, “Iz? GO get M.”

“But-“

“We’ll wait.” Pete gave a confused look, “Hurry!”  Richelle hissed, “Before she comes back.”

“Do you not like Izabell?” Pete challenged.

Richelle mentally groaned, “No. I just want you to take it seriously.”

Ashton snorted, “Don’t waste your breath.”

            Pete led them to a wooden shed, fairly isolated. Various screams and shrieks were audible, Richelle looked at it in wonder, “What’s in there?”

“The unnatural. 243 of them.”

“My God.” Ashton breathed.

“Yeah, well, there were 2,000. These are the survivors.”

“Survivors?” Richelle repeated.

“Yeah, we didn’t know what they ate. And after a while, we found out.”

She shivered, subconsciously moving closer to Ashton who’s arm tightened around her, “They ate each other?” Ashton clarified.

“Damn Right. And check this,” He began, walking to another shed, “everybody has the same symbols.” He unlocked the shed and ushered them in, flicking on a dim orange light. “At first, we thought it was coincidence,” He bent over the missing blonde girl from the picture, RIchelle’s stomach lurched as he stuck his fingers in her mouth, prying it open. “See her teeth? We thought they were just longer. DNA or whatever. Then we found this,” He turned her head, brushing away her stray hairs to reveal two puncture wounds. “On all the victims. The teeth and the bite.”

“Are you suggesting vampires?”

“It makes sense.” Ashton defended.

“How?” Richelle challenged. “How does that make sense, Ashton?”

“I don’t know, maybe the witch doesn’t want to be the only soulless freak around.”

Richelle rolled her eyes, “So what happens then? What’s the drill?”

He moved her over and gestured to the ripped shirt. There were scars all down her back. “What the…” Richelle trailed, leaning in.

“I know right? Looks like someone had a taste of esticity.” She ignored Pete.

“So what then? Some dude got frisky, couldn’t’ control his blood lust and bit? Biting a sign of domination? What?”

“No, I think they just run on pure lust. They crave blood, and sex is a way they can get it, without looking suspicious.” Pete offered.

“SO what are we talking? Night clubs?” Richelle asked, looking to Ashton. He looked down at her, his whole being seemed more relaxed, he seemed quieter, more at peace. Did he want to go? Was this how he was around Pete? Or did she miss something else? He gave her a warm smile she found herself returning.

“Gross.” Pete scoffed, “Save it for the club.” Richelle rolled her eyes, but even as she looked away, she couldn’t wipe the smile from her face.

 

 

Xxx

            M beamed when they stepped into the club. “Oh my gosh! I love you all!” She shrieked before darting towards the bar. Richelle and Ahston broke into laughter, Iz and Pete wondered into the crowd.

“You think anyone’s gonna remember?” Richelle asked.

Ashton removed his sunglasses to his pocket flashing a dazzling smile. His normally yellow dominant eyes were more green today, softer. She didn’t know why, but she liked them better that way. He bowed slightly at the waist, “Ms. Richelle Moxx, you look lovely this evening.”

“Why thank you, Mr. Grey, that’s very kind.”

“Hardly,” he offered his arm, “I’m an honest man.”

“You’re a modest man,” She sarcastically added.  The green in his eyes seemed to grow, filling up the majority.

“Care to dance?”

She wrinkled her nose, “Are you going to leave me?”

He winked his cat-like eyes dancing with laughter, “Hot and bothered just like I like ‘em”

“Ashton.”

His booming laughter soothed her nerves, “I was only joking love, whyy in the world would I leave such a beautiful woman alone in a place like this?”

“Uh-huh.” She rolled her eyes but took his hand none the less. She’d probably grow to regret this…

            Twenty minutes later, she spotted Iz and Pete at the bar, along with M who was making out with some guy. “Ashton?”

“Yeah?”

“It’s been twenty minutes.”

“And?”

She rolled her eyes, “And I’m thirsty!”

“My most sincere-“

“Ashton,” She scolded , looking crossly through her eyelashes, “Don’t’ make me rip off your balls and then feed them to you. All I want is some alcohol, not a fifty minute bullshit line from the eighteen hundreds.” He laughed again, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She leaned into him, ignoring her aching feet. “One more thing?”

“Yes?” He urged, his voice full of amusement.

“I’m gonna find whoever invented heals and kick them in the a*s.”

“But you like your black boots, hell, I like your black boots.”

She blushed, thanking the Lord he couldn’t’ see, “Fine then. Just the designer of these heals.”

He chuckled, “What do you want to drink?”

Her eyes scanned the menu, stopping on two words. Bloody Esticy. Her eyes snapped over to where M was making out heatedly, “Ashton,” She called, hitting him lightly in the chest. She pointed to the menu, “Remind you of anything?”

“Oh s**t!” He mumbled, turning her head as M bent her head back, the guy pressing his lips to it. They both stood, frozen in place, waiting. But he moved away, revealing nothing a purpil bruise. A hickey. But no bite. He scooped her up and carried her away as Richelle visibly relaxed, taking a seat next to Iz and Pete.

“Hey Iz.” Richelle greated as the bar tender handed them their drinks.

“Can I get you anything?” He asked Ashton and Richelle.

“Just two vodkas are fine.” He said knowing they could handle them.

“Ey Richelle!” Iz slurred, nearling falling over as she turned sloppily in her seat.

“Iz? Are you-“ Her eyebrows knitted together. Iz wasn’t a light drunk. “What are you drinking?”

“A bloody kitty!” She shrieked, the bar cheered.

“A bloody kitty?” Richelle questioned, one eyebrow cocked. “Okay, we’re leaving.”

“But I’s jus’ gettin’ started.”

“Yeah, well, another time.”

“What’s going on?” Ashton asked.

“Iz’s drunk.”

“So?”

“So something’s wrong.”

“Ookay? I’ll get our drinks.” She nodded, waiting by the door. When he showed up, she smiled, opening the door for a staggering Iz and taking a sip of her drink before stepping out. Before she was out of the club, Ashton sneaked up behind her, “Richelle?” 
”yeah?” She asked, a soft, floating feeling the back of her mind. Her eyebrows knitted together what was-

“I love you.” He announced his voice deep,m velvety and rich. She froze, the club, Iz, everything fading into the growing softness.

“I love you too” She replied,turning to face him,. Their lips connected and he shoved her to the wallk, their galsses shattering on the floor,

 

 

Xxx

            Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

She groaned, holding her pulsing head. God, what did I do last night? She didn’t dare open her eyes, everything was so bright already, it was be so stupid to purposely make this worse… Ignoring the voice of reason, she opened her eyes. Her eyebrows came together in confusion as she blinked, moving to her knees to examine the concrete. What the hell? It wasn’t even solid, but cracked, blades of grass growing through the openings. Slowly her throbbing head lifted to reveal bricks. Confused, she turned around to see rotted wood. She inched her way to the bricks and pulled herself up. They were walls. As in buildings?

            Licking her cracked liops, she let her eyes rake over her surroundings, taking in every inch. She was basically in an old ally, a line of dumpsters to her right. There was glass aligning the floor. She shook her head as the previous days flooded her conscious.

            “Ashton’s cousin called, they want some Seeth down there fast to terminate a problem.”

“A problem? What problem?”

“Didn’t say.”

Xxx

Have you seen her?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“where?”

“I’m sorry, wrong girl.” “I’m sorry, it just took me a while to remember where I’d seen her.”

“And where was that?”

xxx

“Yeah well there were 2000. These are the survivors.”

“They ate each other.”

“Damn right. And look at this.”

“Are you suggesting vampires?”

“I think they run on pure lust. They crave blood and sex is a way they can get it.”

“What are we looking at? A night club?”

xxx

“Ms. Richelle moxx, you look lovely this evening.”

“Why thank you, Mr. grey, that’s very kind.”

Xxx

“And you are?”

“Iz.”

“Iz. And is that, by any chance, short for Izabella?”

“Izabell.”

“Oh, my mistake. Let me make it up to you, say, over dinner?”

“Did you not like Izabell?”

“I just want you to take this seriously.”

“Don’t’ waist your breath”

‘Bloody Esticy’

“Two vodkas.”

“I love you>”

 

            She blinked, back in the ally. She glared, looking down to see she was, thankfully, fully clothed. She stood to her feet, patting her pockets but they were empty. “Iz?” She called, “Izabell!” Nothing. “Izabell!” Nothing. She picked a random direction and headed towards the trash cans, “great…” She mumbled. There was a slight, mumbled movement. She froze. “Iz?” Nothing. She turned, facing the trash cans and leaning over the dumpster. She bit her lip. This was crazy. Oh, what the hell. “Iz?” She called, moving some bags. “I-“ She stopped at the site of blood and clawed more trash bags out of the way, “Iz! Iz!” She screamed, violently and relentlessly revealing more and more of the body. All of it covered in blood and black clothing. She knew by now it wasn’t Iz but couldn’t’ help but dig him out. There was just a few around the face left she shoved them all aside, the breath catching in her throat. White-blonde hair. “Ashton?” She whispered, no response. She leaned in, her ears picking up on the low, weak breathing. She reached in, pulling on the shoulders till she could get a better hold.

            She locked her jaw as she heaved him up over the side and down onto her shoulders, unfortunately he was bigger than she thought and fell to the ground. She dropped to her knees, mentally scolding herself, before pressing her hands on his chest. He was breathing, faintly, but it was there. She began to pump, attempting to jump start his heart but it was obvious it wasn’t what he needed. She began to panic. It had to be blood, he’d obviously lost too much. But how would she get it? She didn’t havre her phone, her keyes, she didn’t dare him whiule she looked for one, and even if she found a pay phone, she didn’t have her wallet. She groaned, leaning back on her hands. This has to be a joke right? Vampires? It can’t be real. Maybe it was a dream? Maybe she’d imagined Ashton’s return and it wasn’t real. Maybe she’d followed M to a club and then out onto the streets. Maybe-

“Moxx?” She jumped to her feet, turning to Iz, also covered in blood. Shee was holding her neck with one hand, her stomach with the other. She walked with grace, avoiding everything the klutzy Iz she knew would trip over, every piece of glass that could cut her skin. This put Richelle on edge. She didn’t like it. Not at all. “I’m so glad we found you-“ She began, stepping forwards, Richelle stepped back.  It was obvious in Iz’s face, the betrayal. “What did I do? What’s wrong?”

“I couldn’t find a car.” Ahston’s voice floated through the air, making Richelle only that move on guard.

“In here!” Iz shouted and it wasn’t long till his slender frame found the alli. Richelle instantly began comparing. It didn’t long for her to identify dumpster boy as Pete.

“Richelle!” Ahston cheered, his face fell upon seeing her. “What’s wrong?”

Her eyes didn’t move from Izabell’s, “Pete’s lost a lot of blood,.”

“Dear god!” Ashton gasped, dropping next tot his cousin.

“Richelle, I-“

“Who are you?”
”What?”

“Who are you?”

“I’m Iz, we-“

“No. You’re not.”

“Richelle.” Ashton spoke up from behind her, his voice gentle, as if warning her not to doing anything drastic or harsh to ‘Iz’.

“Let me explain.-“

“No.”

“Richelle,” Ashton begged.
”I said no,” She snapped at him and he went back to work, jaw locked.

“Please.” Iz croaked, her black eyes seemed darker than before, her white- blonde hair stained with blood. “I’ve had a rough night and all I ask for, all I need, is for my best friend to let me talk to her. Please.”

Richelle locked her jaw, going against all instinct. “Shoot.” She removed her shaking hand from her neck, flipping her hair to the other side and cocking her head. She used a blood-covered cloth to wipe (more like smeer) the blood to reveal two tiny holes. Richelle closed her eyes, her fingers digging into her sides.

“I’m still the same person,” Iz pleaded, begging to be understood. “I mean, my diets going to change and I might seem crazy at times but I’m still me. I’m still Iz.”

Richelle’s eyes opened, they’re golden glow dimmed as she turned her back on her life-long friend, hoping that the burning urge to pull out the knife from her pocket would cease. With no such luck, she drew a deep breath, “We need to get him conscious, I know how these blood suckers tick.” Ashton looked up, his yellow cat eyes just as strained as his tight smile.

“He’s slowly coming to.”

“That’s impossible, he’s got to be nearly drained.”

“Not anymore,” He grunted, standing to his feet, he wasn’t up a single second before he was back on his knees, taking deep, calming breaths. Her eyes flickered to his wide open wrist.

“Ashton!” She scolded, ripping off the bottom of her shirt and trying to around his wrist.

“Is he going to be okay?” Iz asked, but she was ignored as Richelle helped bring Ashton to his feet.

“Pete.” Ashton mumbled his head falling to the side.

“Izabell, get Pete.,” Richelle barked and Iz was hot on her feet, sweeping the 243 pound male into her arms. “we need a hospital. Stat.”

“No,.” Ashton groaned.

“No? No? You’ve got to be the dumbest-“

“Moxx,” Iz scolded, “He’s right. He’s a chevelle. The moment he gains even a drop, he’ll be fully healed. The doctors wont just let him go they’ll have questions and lots of them.”

“Great then where do we get blood?”

“Why the hell do you need blood?”

“Pete!” Richelle almost screamed. “I  know how they work.”

“Who? Dracula?”

“Yeah.”

“How?” he asked, squirming out of Iz’s hold and standing on his own two feet.

“The bite. Pete, it’s orgasmic.”

“What?”

“When they bite into someone, the feeling they get-“

“It’s like having an orgasm.” Iz caught on, “That’s how the claw marks got there.”

“You think it’s the same when they feed?”

“Oh I know it is.”

Richelle stopped, turning to look at him, “What?”:

“What you never thought about why I was bleeding?”

“Um… No?” He scoffed. You never thought about helping me with Ashton you hypocritical son of a b***h.

“I was attacked.”

“By a vampire?” She whistled, “But you told Iz to run, right?” She pushed, eyeing him suspiciously. F*****g Chevelle’s.

“I was attacked by Iz.” Tey all froze. Awkward couldn’t even begin to describe… “I saw her with this guy and I ran over. You were all missing and I was panicking. Then I found you and Ashton . You were running around handing out your cell phones, asking for a church so you could get married. I told you both that sex before marriage was a sin and you freaked. You were the first. You chucked your phone at the wall and then burnt your money saying and I quote ‘If I can’t pay off sins this is worthless piece of s**t’ and I tried warning you but you didn’t listen. I was bleeding by then out of my f*****g throat and I didn’t have a lot of time, so I stole Ashton and we set off to find Iz. But then the a*s hole passed out so I went looking for you and you were yelling at the vampire, who had Iz by that point. And I went to help you just kept talking s**t. So they injected you and tossed us out of the window.”

“Injected? With what?”

“Venom.”

“WHAT!??!”

“No worries. You wont change unless you drink blood. SO just don’t’ drink it.”

“Well damn, let me just throw out my bucket list.” He glared as she walked ahead, into the ally she started in. Was she walking in circles? This is so damn confusing! She leaned Ashton on the dumpster before waling the various bags aligning the floor.She let out a furious scream, kicking the bags around like a mad woman. Hell, she probably was. “VAMPIRES? YOU CRAZY A*S WITCH! YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! VAMPIRES? ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME?!?! GOD DAMN IT!”

             Her rant lasted a solid twenty minutes before Pete stepped in, “Richelle, Moxx, right? Look, Marzell’s still out there somewhere and we need to find her-“

Richelle shook her head, “M’s at yours.”

“What?”

“She went home.”

“How do you know that?”

“Cause she had sex at some bar, couldn’t find me, and went home. It’s routine.”

“Alright. Then we need to get home.”

“Agreed. How do we do that?”

“Guys?” Iz called, “Grey’s unconscious… So…?”

 

“Dear God,” Richellle mumbled, running over, “Pete, we need blood. Now!” 


CHAPTER THREE, PART TWO- GOT GARLIC?

    “Thank you.” Richelle repeated.

“No problem.” M Smiled.

“How is he?”

She sighed, “Lover boys stabilizing. How’s Iz?” Richelle locked her jaw, “Girl, she’s still the same person.”

“No; she’s not.”

“She’s still smart, beautiful, funny-“

“Yay! A cereal killer with humor! It’s what I’ve always wanted!” she shrieked, imitating a little girl on Christmas morning,

M gave her a cross look, “I never give advice. Hell, I’ve never done anything emotional since Jared.” Richelle cringed. “But look, Iz hasn’t killed anyone.”

“But she will.”

“Richelle, honey, I love you. But right now, you’re acting like a royal dick. Under any other circumstance you’d trust Iz. Undying loyalty. Respect, trust, love. And now, you have no faith that she can do what she does best.”

“Mar-“

“Iz is a fighter, Moxx, and you know it.”

“You can’t fight blood,”

“But you can fight urges. Iz wont kill, I now she wont. She can drink animal blood, dead-human blood, and you know just as well as I do that she won’t even like drinking that. But she’s going to fight and she’s going to win.”

“It will be instinctual for her to kill.”

“This is Iz we’re talking about, damn it!” She began to slowly rub between her eyes, willing away the headache that Moxx so easily bestowed on her. “At this point, it’s your fault.”

“WHAT?!”

“The distance between you two is because you cant get over one tiny detail.”

“It’s her title!” Richelle roared, jumping to her feet.

“And you’re so busy analyzing the bold letters, you can’t see the description, you’re not getting the full picture. And honey,” M continued, standing and preparing to leave, “It’s your loss.”

 

XXX

 

 

            Super was beyond awkward. Richelle wound up just leaving, searching for somewhere peaceful but instead found herself in front of the screaming shed of left-over vampires. The sound of footsteps behind her didn’t discourage her in any way so she just kept staring. “Most people enjoy long walks on the beach, I enjoy creepily starring at sheds full of screaming vampires.” He mocked.

She couldn’t stop the smile from forming on her face. “What can I say? There’s just something about their screams that gets me going.” She joked, turning to face him.

“So I guess you’re marrying a screamer.”

She wrinkled her nose in disgust and he chuckled, “how are you?”

“Great. M got me back on track.” His lips spread into a wide smile, “Pete told me about last night.”

“Did you know that b*****d didn’t help me carry you? I had to carry you all by myself!”

“He can probably sense that you don’t like him. Kind of like what Iz’s going through…” He added, his eyes were back to green now but they were concerned as he shoved his hands into his jean pockets. “Which is probably why you carried me alone. Pete’s not what’s bothering you, love, and we both know it.” He added, trying to be gentle but all Iz’s name did was just tear at her heart. She knew it wasn’t her fault, and she knew M was right about it being her fault although she’d die before she admitted it. “Can I say something?” He asked after a long silence. She nodded. “Give Iz a chance. You’re killing her.”

Richelle locked her jaw, “Have you been reading the book?”

“Richelle.”

“Ashton,” Juvenile, she knew, but she really, really didn’t want to talk about this.

“Talk to her,.”

“What’s the witch’s name?”

“Talk to her.”

“Peculiar. But okay, I’ll bite. How’s our book end?”

“Richelle,” he drown out, she could see it in his eyes, begging her to just listen. But she’d never been one for listening. Now pretending, she’d always been good at pretending. Faking. Anything so that the rest of the world wouldn’t know her thoughts. “Talk to your friend.” She honestly didn’t deserve him…

“Do we ever do it right?” That got him to stop. Partly because of the topic of them finally being breeched, probably because this one, this topic was one she truly meant, not just for stalling. “I mean, ever, finally do it right?”

“What?” And she could see it in his eyes. Confusion. Regret. Sorrow. Contemplation of the latest events that were spiraling out of control in his head. And finally, love.

“I mean, do you ever ask me out and take me on a date or do we just flirting endlessly?” She blurted. And after she started, she couldn’t stop. “Not that I don’t like flirting, I just-“

“Richelle.”

“How many hints does a girl have to drop?” She continued, talking right over him, “Some days, I just want to grab you by the throat and scream in your face ‘GO OUT WITH ME, GOD DAMN YOU!’

“Quit stalling and get your a*s inside.” But she could see it. He wasn’t entirely sure she was stalling. And honestly, she was freaking out. Because she wasn’t. Everything had been the truth. Every single word. Every thought. And she hated it.

Great, so now I’m in trouble.” She rolled her eyes, hoping that Ashton, the only person aside from Iz who could read her, truly read her, couldn’t see how she so desperately wanted an answer. Just so that her proposal, her inner most thoughts, wouldn’t just hang in the air, awkward and forgotten.

“Go talk to Iz,” He repeated, but there was something different in the way he said it, something uplifting, an unspoken promise. She could tell from the glint in his beautiful green eyes he knew, he knew. “And we’ll talk dinner.” He added. She stuck her tongue out defiantly, only there was apart of her that was overjoyed with the proposal. “Yes, your tongue’s small short and fat; we get it. Now talk to Iz.”

She withdrew instantly, “It is not! My tongue is very… Tonguey! Beautiful, in all it’s glory.” She added, the humor sparking in his eyes was showing whatever comeback he had was twenty times better. Determined not to lose, Richelle spat the first thing that came to mind, “My tongue can kick your tongue’s a*s!”

“Yes, well,” He dismissed, “GO talk to Iz, and then we can have a tongue war.” There was an awkward silence as everyone registered what was just said.

“You’re disgusting dude.”

“I didn’t mean it like that!” He defended.

“I’m sure you didn’t, talking about dinner and tongue wars…”

“Richelle-“ He groaned.

“No officer!” She screamed. At this point, she had no idea what she was doing. She was basically just talking out of her a*s, anything to stay away from Iz. “I will not assume the position!”

He rolled his soft green eyes, Crossing his arms over his chest, and in that moment she knew it was over. No more humor, no more stalling, she had to go. “I’m not a ‘female Body Inspector’. And if I was, I wouldn’t have to ask, you’d do it willingly.” He grinned.

“Uh, obviously not.”

He drew a deep breath, “You have ten seconds to apologize before I pick you up and take you there myself.”

“Yeah, right.” He closed his eyes.

“Ten.”

“Seriously?”

“Nine.”

“Ashton.”

“Eight”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me.”

“Six.”

“Six?! What the hell happened to seven?”

“Five.”

“You’re cheating!”

“Four.”

“Start over, you’re cheating!”

“Three.”

“You’re not gonna do anything.” He cocked both eyebrows, but didn’t open his eyes.

“Two.”

“S**t.” He heard her feet dance over the moss-covered ground. It sounded like she was going to the porch, but it didn’t matter, she was headed there either way.

“One!” He called, opening his eyes to find her shoes lying on the ground not three feet ahead of him. He snorted. Children.

 

XXX

 

 

            Ashton wrapped a towel around himself and ran his fingers through his hair before opening the bathroom door. He began quietly humming as he listened to the old wooden floor creek under his weight. Where did Pete say his clothes were again? Something about right… And he was number-uhh... F**k... He was so lost in thought, he didn’t see the flash of black till it was too late. She crashed into his side and he instinctively grabbed her to keep her from falling. He looked down at her tear-stained face and cringed mentally from the pain. Her pain. When a Pheonix cried, it was actually blood form their brain and it was so painful. He carefully wiped away her red tears as he willed her eyes to meet his, “What’s wrong?” He asked stupidly. But it was all he could do. All he dared to say.

“I’m an idiot,” She hissed, leaning into him. His arms tightened around her tiny frame as he remembered she went to talk with Iz. Which, apparently, hadn’t gone well.

“Shh, no you’re not.” He promised, lightly rubbing his thumbs on her back. “No you’re not.”

            Luck was obviously on his side, because Pete came strolling through, nearly walking right past. But he stopped and turned around slowly, giving Ashton a ‘what the hell’ look. Ashton mouthed ‘where’s my room’ and Pete pointed to a wooden door right in front of him. He gave a sheepish smile, “Let’s go lay down, okay?” He encouraged, opening the door and guiding her to the bed. She wouldn’t have any strength for much longer. “Do you wanna talk about it?” He asked stupidly. He was in over his head, he never knew what to do when Richelle was hurting and he hated it. He hated her pain, hated being useless. He never knew what to do, but he always wanted to be the one to fix it.

“The talk with Iz went horribly.” She whispered, wiping her nose with her sleeve.

“What happened?’ She shook her head, more tears spilling. He wiped them away but he couldn’t take away her pain. He knew he couldn’t. “You know what we should do?”  She shrugged. “Do you have a special movie you watch when you’re sick or pmsing?” She nodded. “What is it?”

“The Princess Bride.” He chuckled, rolling out of bed and going through Netflix. Her face lit up before he even pressed play.

“Do you need popcorn?” He asked, she shook her head, “Ice cream?”

“Just alcohol. A lot of alcohol.”

“Five minutes.” He promised, slipping on pants and a shirt before running out the door.

 

 

XXX

 

 

            Crying for any Pheonix isn’t something you can just forget. No, you wake up, your whole being aches, you’ve got a migraine the size of four hangovers, there’s blood stains on your face you have to scrub off till your skins raw. Sometimes it gets on your clothes, and sometimes you lose so much blood you’re light headed for days. Richelle was no stranger to any of these symptoms.

            She rolled over, trying to drown out her sensitive hearing. She could hear everything, floors creaking, her heart beat, she could hear a chair scrape against the floor and the sizzle of bacon, she could hear the ding of the microwave and someone’s feet shuffling on the kitchen tiles. She groaned, grabbing the closest thing she could, ready to place it over her head when it yelped, “OWE!” She jumped, the blankets falling to reveal her purpil hoodie and jeans. She looked over to see Ashton rubbing his head and scowling at her. His hair was all over, probably what she grabbed. His eyes were fully green now, the deep blac of his cat slits giving them a bright, emerald green look. They were softening as he looked at her but her eyes wuickly left his, eyeing his bare stomach and low-hanging jeans. He cleared his throat and her eyes snapped up to his as a dark pink blush spread across her cheeks. He chuckled, before his face sobered up, she mentally groaned. Time to get serious. “How are you?”
Dying. “I’m fine.”

He gave her a flat look. “You forget I’m human, Richelle, I’ve cried too.”

“You’ve cried.” She challenged, although every part of her believed him.

“During sex.” They just starred at each other. “You know, back at M’s, everything Ariel said- about Sebastian… It’s all true, what he did and why he did it.” Assuming Ariel was the witch, Richelle sunk her nails into her inner thigh out of his sight. This was going to hurt. A lot. “He knew I liked you, the first night we meant, and we had that, um, well, yeah, we had sex. He didn’t care, just drug me out the next morning but I cared- you all I could think about. That’s why I left my jacket, in hopes you wouldn’t forgive me. Then we ran into each other again and I couldn’t help it. I confessed to you, everything. And I asked you out, I didn’t know it at the time, but Sebastian was spying on us, God if I would’ve known I would’ve just left you alone. Of course we never left the apartment and he was there to wake me the next morning,. He stole your case file, and because of you, I actually defied the bond. He told me to take it but I couldn’t. I broke the bond.” There was no doubt in her mind she was gaping like an unattractive fish. “Then he started screaming, and I yelled back, defending you, defending us. He hated that. He hated you. He wound up dragging me out as you were starting to get up, he chucked me into the drivers seat of your Lamborghini, he told me to go but I wouldn’t. When I saw you looking out the window, I was glued to you. He stomped on my foot and moved the steering wheel.

            “Ten miles away, he had Grant come to watch. And Sebastian came at me, I kicked his a*s and preparing to run, but Grant came up behind me, knocking me out. We were fine after that for years, well, his definition of fine… That was, until we ran into you at the school. I didn’t say a word to him but he knew. And he started again, forcing me into whatever suited his fancy, all because of what I could do. Because of how strong you made me. I ran when he died, mostly because it was you who killed him, but also because I hated him. I really, really hated him.  I want you to know something, I’m not here because I have no other place to go, I’m here because I want to be here, with you.” Her mind went into an uproar. What was she supposed to say? I know? Great, what about the abuse Sebastian put him through? Well, he was Chevellian. But it wasn’t his choice. And it isn’t Iz’s. Iz. F**k.

“I never thought you were here for anything different. But Ashton? Do me a favor?”

“Sure.”

“Can we get the hell out of this town?”

“You just want to leave? Without taking care of the vampires? You’re just gonna leave them?”

“Iz is one of them. And at this point, I think our stories are connected.”

“Connected?”

“They have to be, otherwise, how could we be in the vampire’s hut? How could Iz change? How would we even know?”

His jaw locked, “S**t.”

“I’d just like to leave.”

“Okay,” He agreed, “Round up everyone else, I’m gonna check the book.”

“Okay,” She agreed, shocing off her blankets and disappearing through the door. Ashton snatched the book from under his pillow and leafed through to the last page, “Don’t’ forget who writes the script.” What? He scanned the above lines.

            ‘“My, my, aren’t you sexy.” She complimented, her eyes raking shamelessly over his body. His jaw locked, his yellow eyes hardening. “Oh, don’t be modest,” She mocked, “You know, if you promise to have little Ashton’s, I’ll write a sequel.” She winked and he tensed, his eyes flashing to Richelle. She shook her head and he cracked his knuckles, the sound echoing throughout the basement. The witch smirked, shocing past him, “Don’t forget who writes the script.” 

            Confused, he leafed through to the beginning of the chapter.

‘Sequel ‘No Rest For The Wicked’ SNEAK PEAK’

“SON OF A B***H!” He chucked the book across the room, taking deep breaths, trying to calm himself. The door flung open, revealing Richelle and M. Richelle walked in, spotting the book on the floor, “What’s going on?”

“That’s not even the damned book.”

“What?”

“Everything we’ve been through, since we reunited is the f*****g sequel.” Richelle stiffened. “That she’s writing in her head.”

“Okay, don’t panic. We’ll just kill her.”

“So she can come back in another book?!” He roared.

“Ashton.”

“This is her game, Richelle. We can’t win.”

“Don’t say that.”

“Maybe Iz’s gonna turn and kill us all, Maybe-“

“ASHTON!” Richelle scolded, grabbing his face and making him look her in the eye, “That’s enough. Iz won’t turn. No one’s killing anyone. We’re leaving and we’re gonna find the witch, okay?” He nodded, gold flecks shining through the green. She was beginning to understand. Green= calm, peaceful, love. Yellow? Everything else. She sighed and pulled him out of bed, scooping up the book and ushering M out of the doorway. “Let’s find Iz.”

 

            “We’re gonna be late!”

“For what?” Richelle retorted, “Leaving?”  M locked her jaw, sliding her sunglasses over her glowing violet eyes.

“M,” Ashton suggested, “Maybe you should wait in the car.” M snorted, but obliged, slipping into the back seat while Richelle just starred at Pete’s.

“She’s taking forever,” Richelle mumbled.

“Maybe she and Pete are exchanging-“

Don’t finish that sentence.” He chuckled and the door opened, as if on queue, revealing Pete and Iz, who took a step forward.

“I’m not going.” There were at least four seconds of silence as everyone processed this. Ashton’s eyes snapped to Richelle who just stayed, watching.

“I presume you’re staying with Pete, then?” Was all Richelle said, she still hadn’t moved. Ashton didn’t dare move.

“Yeah, He offered me a place to stay, even though I almost killed him…” She blushed.

“And this is what you want?” Ashton asked after Richelle didn’t utter a word. Iz just nodded, her black eyes trained on Richelle. Without a word, Richelle brushed past Ashton and slid into the drivers seat. Ashton kept his eyes on Iz, as she looked downwards. “Keep in contact, okay?”

She nodded, “I will.” He flashed a wide smile and nodded to Pete. Pete nodded back and Ashton turned to the car, in time for the engine to roar to life.

 

XXX

 

 

            “So, over in Arizona, there’s a whole crap load of fire’s starting-“

“Isn’t Arizona practically a desert?” M retorted.

“No,” Ashton glared before turning to Richelle, “They’ve never had this many.”

“So?”

“So, we should check it out.”

“Ashton, I’m with M on this one,” Richelle yawned, lying onto the hotel bed.

“What would it hurt by just looking into it?”

“Well, we could burn in a fire.” M enlightened. Richelle nodded.

“Guys,” Ashton scolded. “Focus.”

“No,” M snapped.

“It’s like three AM. Let’s sleep.” Richelle groaned, rolling over. Ashton scowled as a phone in the distance started ringing; he followed the sound into the bathroom and answered. Pete.

“yeah?”

“Iz’s dead.”

“WHAT?!” Ashton roared. There was a thud and then the pounding of footsteps before Richelle emerged in the doorway.

“She told me to get some food, so I did. And when I came back, I couldn’t find her.”

“The witch-“ Ashton started but was cut off.

“No man, she left a suicide note and everything.”

“What’d it say?”

Pete cleared his throat, “

            ‘Dear Pete, Moxx, M, and Grey;

First, I love you. I love you all. And it’s because I love you I’ve decided you deserved a fair shot. Without me, there’s nothing holding Richelle back from killing the witch. And we all know there aren’t enough words in the world to express how much we all want to see her burn. I’ve been considering this for a while, M knows. Just ask her. But after I became a freak and almost killed Pete, I knew I could no longer go like I am. So why not just do everyone a favor. Before anyone asks, I do want this. More than anything.

            So consider this your green light, Go for it.’

Ashton blinked, “So the way she looked at this is that she ‘sacrophiced’ herself?”

“Basically. My question is what did M have to do with anything?”

“I don’t know,” Was all Ashton got in before Richelle dove in and took the phone.

 

“Pete? What’s going on? What sacrophice?” 



© 2013 EncoreDeZiza


Author's Note

EncoreDeZiza
Two parts again. Sorry guys... And sorry about the suicide.... :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on August 6, 2013
Last Updated on August 6, 2013
Tags: Vampire, action, adventure, bar, hungover, drinking, fantasy, fiction, love, sacrophice, suicide


Author

EncoreDeZiza
EncoreDeZiza

Narnia, Neverland, United Kingdom



About
Oooooo! A visitor!!! Lol, hello lovely, I'm Zi. I guess I should start by saying that I am, in fact, not from the UK, nope. I lied. I'm from the states, I only lied because when I put US down I had a .. more..

Writing