Chapter One~

Chapter One~

A Chapter by Nicole Cruz

Okay soo, this chapter is pretty short and not that interesting. It just came to me as i was doing my hw and idecided to go with it. It didnt come out as well as i expected, but whatever.  o.o Sooo yeah,

Enjoy~

[comment, vote~]

 

 

I woke up to the sound of a high pitched voice yelling and bright sunlight hitting my face. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. I checked the time, "8:48am". That was way too early for my taste. I kicked my blankets off me anyways and got up from bed.  I took a deep breathe and lazily made way towards the sound of my moms yelling.

 

"What the hell is up your a*s now, Mom?" I said with a hint of annoyance in my voice. I wasn't exactly a morning person. Especially when i was woken up.

 

"You better watch how you speak to me Charlie Anne" my mom said as she hung up her phone. She looked angry and her cheeks were red. I assumed she had another fight with dad.

 

"Yeah, whatever Mom. Is there any coffee?" I made my way to our tiny kitchen. I opened the fridge and let the cool air hit me. I shuddered and looked over my breakfast options. After 5 minutes of standing in front of the fridge, i decided that i was feeling like a yogurt person this morning. So i grabbed some yogurt and went to get some granola from the cabinet.

 

"Charlie Anne..."I looked back and saw that my mom was looking at me worridely. I turned back around and contiuned looking for my granola

 

"Rosaline" I responded sarcastically. Rosaline was my mother's name. Everyone thought her name suited her perfectly. She had reddish brown hair that fell into perfect waves. Her eyes were a captivating shade of green and she was 6 feet in height. Every man that fell for her ended up comparing her to a rose. Not that my mom ever dated. After her divorce with Dad, she swore to never fall in love again.

I on the other hand, looked nothing like my mom. Instead of her green eyes, i got hazel eyes. A mix of my moms eyes with my dads. I naturally had my dad's dark brown hair but i dyed it in an attempt to look more like my mom. My hair was black and it shone dark red in the light. I was only 5'6 with a lanky body.  

 

" I dont understand why you have to be so sarcastic. I was only going to ask you if you were okay. I heard you screaming last night" my mom tried to look at me but i looked down.

 

I shoved a spoonful of yogurt in mouth, "I have no idea what you're talking about"

 

"Charlie Anne, i heard you screaming last night. Stop trying to avoid the topic. Just tell me whats wrong for once!"

 

I threw my spoon down and looked up at her , "Why must there always be something wrong?! Why cant you just stop poking your head in my personal life?!"

 

" Drop the attitude I'm your mother and it isnt normal for my 16 year old daughter to be screaming at 2am in the morning!"

 

I glared at her, "I dont have to put up with you or  this bullshit."

 

I got up and headed towards my room.

 

"Charlie Anne, dont you dare walk away from me." my mom said with a menacing tone.

 

I knew she wouldn't follow me. She knew better so i just glanced back and said "F**k off". I slammed the door to my room and sat on my windowsill. My room was small with a huge window that overlooked the city of Lowell, MA. My bed was pushed against my wall and across from my bed stood a desk where all my books and journals were stacked up on. My walls were a pale white with multiple band posters taped on them. It looked like an average teengaer's room.  I looked up at the sky and watched the birds flying by. It was a bright and sunny day but it was probably freezing outside.

 

 I hated being so cruel to my mom. But she couldnt know.. she would never know.  If she ever found out, it'd break her world into pieces. I began to think about that night.. that night that still haunts my dreams and mind.  I shook the thoughts quickly  from my mind before i began to have an episode like last night. I got up from my windowsill and looked for my phone.

 

"Hey, wanna meet up?" I texted my friend Blake.  I sat on the edge of my bed as i waited for him to reply.

 

Three seconds later my phone buzzed. "Sure, my house?" He texted back.

"I'll be there in a few"

 

"Kay" He texted back.

 

I jumped up and grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom. Time to get ready for another day.

 



© 2012 Nicole Cruz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012


Author

Nicole Cruz
Nicole Cruz

Lawrence , MA



About
Peeka- Boo O_O I see you My name is Nicole. Atheist Anarchist Writing is my passion Music is my drug im shy Anti social Fear of people Random I guess i'm nice I'm straightfoward Coffe.. more..

Writing