Chapter Two~

Chapter Two~

A Chapter by Nicole Cruz

I arrived at Blake's house  in my usual outfit. Black skinnies,a band  t-shirt (today it was A Day To Remember), and my Vans. I was too lazy to do my hair so i put a beanie on to hide my morning hair.  I pounded on Blake's door for what seemed the 50th time before i decided to just barge into his house. I've known Blake since i was 5 years old; his home was my home. His house wasn't very big. It had two rooms, a spacious living room, and a kitchen just a bit bigger than mine.  Each bedroom had its own bathroom, which was pretty cool. 

 

I made my way to his room and started kicking it loudly. I heard him say something on the other side, but it was muffled so i couldn't understand.

 

"Blake, if you're naked or watching porn, i will murder you cause i'm about to go into your room" i yelled. I pushed open the door and found Blake in his bathroom, doing his hair.

 

"Why exactly would you assume i was watching porn?" Blake asked me as he  rinsed out his hands and turned to face me. Blake was actually very good looking. If i didn't think of him as my brother, i would so date him. He was tall and lanky and had black hair that hung just above his eyes. He had  mysterious grey eyes that would glisten whenever he was excited or upset.  His best feature was his smile. Perfect white teeth that would melt your heart whenever he smiled. 

 

"Well, considering you are a lonely guy and you'll never get laid, i have to assume whats possible." I replied to him as i threw myself on his bed. Blake had a pretty bad breakup just a year ago. His girlfriend cheated on him with his best friend. Since then, he wont even look at girls. 

 

"Oh ha-ha, Charles." he said sarcastically and walked over to his closet. 

 

" I wish you'd stop calling me Charles. And why are you getting all ready? I thought we were just gonna hang here." 

 

He finished putting on his pair of Vans and pulled out  a jacket. "Well, a friend of mine, Cyrus, called and asked if i wanted to go over to the skate park with him and since you like the skate park, i didnt bother asking if you wanted to go."

 

"Are we going to the one in Lawrence?" I stood up and went to the kitchen to grab a soda.

 

"Yuuup." He replied as he followed me.

 

"How are we gonna get there? Are we skating or getting a ride?" I pulled out two Pepsi's and tossed one to him. I hated going to Lawrence on skateboards, mainly because we always risked getting run over by cars. But Blake' s mom was at work, so i assumed we were skating. 

 

"Well i dont know, wanna skate?" He took a sip of his soda and i sighed internally. I wasn't about to whine cause Blake hated that. So i sucked it up. 

 

"Yeah sure, why not? Can i borrow one of your skateboards then?" I finished my soda quickly and tossed out the can. I went to the Garage and grabbed the skateboards.

When i got back, Blake was ready to go. 

 

"Alright, i said, lets get going. It's at least a 30 minute travel."

He grabbed one of the skateboards and we set off  too Lawrence. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wsn't that cold out today. It was extremely sunny and the sky was a clear blue. I wasn't very good at skating. I couldn;t do all those cool tricks Blake does. I  just cruise on them.; like today, for example. Lawrence is a city close to mine. It's pretty ghetto, full of Hispanics and all. Not that Lowell was any better, but Lawrence topped the charts. It was dangerous with all the criminals and creepers. But they had a pretty awesome skate park that was always full with really good skaters. 

 

After a good 20 minutes we arrived at the skate park. My legs were burning and my face was flushed from all the wind blowing in my face. I sat down on a bench to rest my legs and i watched Blake go over and greet someone. The park was full. I spotted one of my friends, James, over by the railings and i waved at him. He waved back and skated towards me.

 

"Chaaaaaaarles my baby. Where have you been i've missed you!" He jumped off his skateboard and grabbed me in a hug. James wasnt that tall but he sure was strong. I was choking for air. Jeez, did he want to kill me? James planted a big wet kiss on my cheek beofre he set me down.

 

"Eww James, really?" I wiped my cheek and sat back down.

 

James  was an awesome friend. He was halirous and well very flirtacious. He always called me his baby. People think we're secetly dating, but they dont undertand thats just how James is. He was pretty good looking but not my type. He had short blone hair and normal brown eyes. He was about 5'7, the shortest of all my friends and he had a very built body. 

 

"Hows Valarie?" i asked him. Valarie was his girlfriend of two years. She was pretty. One of those preppy blondes that cared more about her appearance than her life. We never really got along. She always thought i was weird  because i once said i didn't like shopping. She also accused me of trying to steal James from her. Not cool. 

 

"Eh, she's fine. The usual" He scratched the back of his neck and i instantly picked up on his mood.

"Another fight?" i looked him straight in the eyes. He knows i know that Valarie is cheating on him. He refuses to accept it.

 

"No.. yes.. maybe.. i don't know dude! I don't want to talk about it. " He got on his skateboard and skated away. He blew me a kiss over his shoulder and winked.

 

I laughed. James would be James. I looked out at the park. The skate park was full of graffiti. Not that bad graffiti. It was actually pretty artistic graffiti and it looked pretty cool. I was staring at one of the graffiti pictures when Blake came over.

 

"Hey, this is Cyrus. Cyrus this is Charlie." Blake introduced me to the stranger.

 

I was still staring at the picture as i said, "Hey just call me Charles." 

 

"Charles, eh? Isn't t it a bit weird to call a girl by a male's name?" replied Cyrus. He had a weird accent. He sounded like some ghetto Irish dude. 

 

"Yeah, well i wasn't the one that named myself Charlie. Blame my mother." I finally looked up at they guy and i wished he didn't. He was gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I felt myself staring and i quickly looked away. He looked kinda like Blake only he didn't have grey eyes. His eyes were a chocolate brown.

 

I had no idea what came over me. My heart was beating too fast and i was getting extremely nervous. I felt his gaze on me and it took all my will not to look at him again. I was losing myself over a complete stranger. What the hell was wrong me?! 

 

"Um Charles, are you okay?" asked Blake's concerned voice.

 

"Yeah, um i'm uh fine. I think i'm going to walk for a bit." I quickly got up and walked as fast as i could until i was out of sight. Once i was out of sight i broke into a run. I ran fast. So fast that it felt like i wasn't even touching the floor. I ran until my legs hurt and i couldn't breathe another breath. I don't know why i was running. I had this urge to just run. To get away from him.. very far away from him. He made me feel different. He made me feel like the prey and he was the predator.  I suddenly stopped and looked at my surroundings. I was pretty far from the skate park and judging from the sunlight, i'd say it was going to be late afternoon soon. ., i'd have to start walking back now before Blake worries. 

 

My heart beat faster and faster as i got closer to the skate park. What was wrong with me?! I couldn't' even think straight. I felt myself growing frustrated. I was walking with my head low when i suddenly bumped into someone. I looked up startled, ready to fight whatever creep was in my way.

But when i looked up, my eyes met the a set of chocolate brown eyes. They were looking at me weirdly. They had a hint of amusement and concern in them.

 

"Are you alright? Blake sent me too look for you" he asked in his funny accent. I had to giggle a bit. His accent was kinda cute.

 

"Where are you from?" i asked him curiously.

 

"Newfoundland" he replied.

 

"Ah, that explains the accent." I started walking again

 

He trailed behind me and soon enough he was at my side.

 

"Sorry for running off" I mumbled to him. I didn't want him to think i ran away from him. Well, i did. but still. 

 

"It's alright. It happens alot. Girls just cant handle my good looks." 

 

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever newfie boy." 

 

He laughed and got on his skateboard. "Well then, now that you're okay, i'll be on my way. See you at

the skate park" He sped off in his skateboard, his shiny black hair flying everywhere, his tall figure looking dominant on the skateboard.

 

I watched him speed off until he was out of sight. I stood there a couple of mintes more thinking about himand all his grace. Goodness he was so gorgeous. He made my heart beat and cheeks flush wehn i thought of him. I smiled like an idiot before realizing where i was and what i was doing. 

 

I face-palmed myself and began running back to the skate-park,

 

What the hell just happened?

 

What the hell have i gotten myself into?

 



© 2012 Nicole Cruz


Author's Note

Nicole Cruz
So yeah guys, This is written by a TEENAGER (which is me) So yes, of course it will be about teens and they will act a bit immature and however teenagers act. I know i tend to write a little more seriously but this is a story so i gotta bend it around. I already got hate comments on this other website i have this posted on. I thought adults were supossed to be mature?
What a world we live in, eh?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012


Author

Nicole Cruz
Nicole Cruz

Lawrence , MA



About
Peeka- Boo O_O I see you My name is Nicole. Atheist Anarchist Writing is my passion Music is my drug im shy Anti social Fear of people Random I guess i'm nice I'm straightfoward Coffe.. more..

Writing