Chapter 5~

Chapter 5~

A Chapter by Nicole Cruz

School went on as usual the next day. I couldn’t keep that one encounter with Cyrus out of my head. In all the shock of having him in my school, I didn’t notice that the teacher never introduced him. In fact, no one noticed him as the “new kid”. This was a fairly small school, so you always see the same faces. A new face was sure to cause some type of commotion.

 

“CHARLES!”

 

I turned around to see who was yelling my name. A red faced Blake came running up to me.  He was panting like a dehydrated dog when he reached me.

 

“Where.. were… you.. this… morning?” He asked through his labored breathing.

 

“You know, Blake, I know im fabulous and all that and you feel the need to run towards my very presence, but you shouldn’t run. Not your thing.” He rolled his eyes as I said that and began walking next to me. We had Chemistry next period.

 

“Whatever you arrogant prick. You still didn’t answer my question.”

 

I sighed. “I woke up late.”

 

He narrowed his eyes at me. “You’re such a dam liar Charlie Anne.”

 

I looked own at my watch, and quickened my pace, “Come on dude, we’re gonna be late.” He hurried next to me, still looking at me suspiciously.

 

“Hey.. did you know Cyrus is in this school now?” I asked out of curiosity and desperate need of a topic change.

 

“Oh yeah, I know.”

 

“How come you never told me?”

 

He shrugged “I figured you’d find out soon enough.”

 

The ball rang and we both muttered “s**t” under our breaths. We were soon running like maniacs to class, leaving behind any other questions I had left to ask.

 

 

The bell to last period rang and I let out a huge breath of relief. My last period English class was always living hell for me. I was surrounded by complete idiots. They gave me serious headaches. I took out my phone and read a text from Blake.

 

“Hey, I cant chill after school. I’ll call you later! Xoxo”

 

I put my phone away in my bag and made my way towards my locker. As I got to my locker I noticed someone leaning against my locker.

“How do you keep finding me?” I asked Cyrus who was casually looking through his phone.

 

“Oh you know, I have my ways” He looked up at me with those gorgeous eyes. I noticed how my heart fluttered every time I looked at him. I shook my head and stood in front of him.

 

“Well then creeper, care to get out of my way?”

 

He moved away from locker and I went to dump my books in. I felt his presence behind me. I looked over my shoulder and he was looking at me curiously.

 

“You have a scar on your neck.” He ran a finger  down the scar I carried for years now.

 

I shuddered under his touch. His hands were cold. “Could you not touch me?” I said a little rudely. This dude was a serious creeper. I turned back to my locker.

 

“Sorry.” He muttered.

 

“Hey, how come you weren’t introduced in class as the new kid?” I already had gathered all of my stuff and turned to face him.

 

“Oh, I skipped my first class to sit in yours.” He said very casually.

 

I raised an eyebrow “You skipped you first class, on your first day, to sit In my class?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Did you not get in trouble?” I started walking and he walked next to me. Our shoulders brushing together. Even this little contact was making my stomach knot up.

 

He chuckled “Nah, im the new kid. I simply got lost.”

 

“That is such a lame excuse.” I couldn’t help but smile. He had the cutest laugh.

 

“It may be a lame excuse, but that hardly matters. I got to sit next to one beautiful girl.” He grabbed my arm and stopped me. We were in the middle of the school parking lot and he was looking down at me. He was so tall; it made me feel tiny.

 

I felt myself blush and I looked down at the ground.

 

“Cyrus, what do you want from me?” I asked as he moved a strand of my hair from my face.

 

He leaned down and whispered in my ear “I want you Charlie Anne. All of you.”

 

My eyes widened and I backed away slowly. I ran. I ran out of there quicker than I have ever ran. Those words sent me into a living nightmare. I’ve heard those words before.

 

They were said by none other than my abuser. The man who raped me, hit me, used me, and took every ounce of innocence I had left.

 

Those words were said by uncle on that dreaded night that still haunts my dreams



© 2012 Nicole Cruz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012


Author

Nicole Cruz
Nicole Cruz

Lawrence , MA



About
Peeka- Boo O_O I see you My name is Nicole. Atheist Anarchist Writing is my passion Music is my drug im shy Anti social Fear of people Random I guess i'm nice I'm straightfoward Coffe.. more..

Writing